LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Matt Flynn

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
He will be the next Matt Cassle at worst; The next Kevin Kolb at best. If your team has the chance to draft RG3 (Cle/Was) you take him.
IF...thats a big if. One of them will probably get RGIII, the other won't. And Shurmur is a WCO-guy, too.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by jreff22:
he's a FA
Sorry, my bad english again. I assumed that the Browns will keep their 4th ovr and pick RGIII (another assumption: nobody jumps ahead of them and drafts RGIII there).

Then again, Flynn could go to the Raiders.

Why would the Raiders invest sO much in Flynn after giving up the house not only in a s**t
Load of draft picks, but also a high salary fOr Palmer?
Palmer is a done deal. Campbell could be cut. The new regime doesn't have anything to do with those guys (though I don't know whether the new coaches know one of them from the past).
IF Winston Moss brings in Tom Clements as OC/QB-coach, Flynn will make a lot of sense.

Furthermore, Carson Palmer's contract doesnt seem to be very expensive:
"The Raiders also renegotiated Palmer's contract, giving him a $2.5 million guaranteed deal for the rest of this season, $12.5 million with $5 million guaranteed in 2012, $13 million in 2013 and $15 million in 2014."
Am I right about the assumption that they mean 12.5 mio., 5 mio. in guarantess INCLUDED?
So acc to his contract, they wouldnt lose so much if they cut him. the traded draft picks are gone anyway...
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
He will be the next Matt Cassle at worst; The next Kevin Kolb at best. If your team has the chance to draft RG3 (Cle/Was) you take him.
IF...thats a big if. One of them will probably get RGIII, the other won't. And Shurmur is a WCO-guy, too.

Originally posted by jreff22:
he's a FA
Sorry, my bad english again. I assumed that the Browns will keep their 4th ovr and pick RGIII (another assumption: nobody jumps ahead of them and drafts RGIII there).

Then again, Flynn could go to the Raiders.

Why would the Raiders invest sO much in Flynn after giving up the house not only in a s**t
Load of draft picks, but also a high salary fOr Palmer?
Palmer is a done deal. Campbell could be cut. The new regime doesn't have anything to do with those guys (though I don't know whether the new coaches know one of them from the past).
IF Winston Moss brings in Tom Clements as OC/QB-coach, Flynn will make a lot of sense.

Furthermore, Carson Palmer's contract doesnt seem to be very expensive:
"The Raiders also renegotiated Palmer's contract, giving him a $2.5 million guaranteed deal for the rest of this season, $12.5 million with $5 million guaranteed in 2012, $13 million in 2013 and $15 million in 2014."
Am I right about the assumption that they mean 12.5 mio., 5 mio. in guarantess INCLUDED?
So acc to his contract, they wouldnt lose so much if they cut him. the traded draft picks are gone anyway...

Yeah if the deal is set up in this manner, cutting ties immediately would be best in regards to salary.

I just don't see it happening. This franchise consistently is changing QBs, head coaches, OCs and wonder why they can never be more than mediocre. Palmer only got in half a season from off the couch.
Yeah if the deal is set up in this manner, cutting ties immediately would be best in regards to salary.

I just don't see it happening. This franchise consistently is changing QBs, head coaches, OCs and wonder why they can never be more than mediocre. Palmer only got in half a season from off the couch.
New regimes mean usually new QBs.Furthermore, my argumentation is based on the assumption that Moss and Clements will be at Raiders' coaching staff.
Hm, Campbell will be a FA.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM ]

New regimes mean usually new QBs.Furthermore, my argumentation is based on the assumption that Moss and Clements will be at Raiders' coaching staff.
cant bench palmer yet not enough time

and giving up all those draft picks and giving him that money
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
cant bench palmer yet not enough time

and giving up all those draft picks and giving him that money
Not enough time for what?

The picks are gone. Period. Sometimes you have to admit that you made a mistake and "destroy" an investment even if it was acquired at high cost. Sunk cost...
Not enough time for what?

The picks are gone. Period. Sometimes you have to admit that you made a mistake and "destroy" an investment even if it was acquired at high cost. Sunk cost...

you cant after half a season- although it wasnt a new system for him (played for Jackson before) he hasnt played football in nearly a year
I dont think that Palmer will play better on a consistent basis never ever again. The probability for Flynn/Raiders is small but not zero imo...That's what I wanna tell you.
Of course, Clements has to think that Flynn can start. Perhaps Flynn is not that good like some people think; Clements should know it best.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
I dont think that Palmer will play better on a consistent basis never ever again. The probability for Flynn/Raiders is small but not zero imo...That's what I wanna tell you.
Of course, Clements has to think that Flynn can start. Perhaps Flynn is not that good like some people think; Clements should know it best.

it is a possibility with the new GM but i dont think they can give up on palmer that fast they would just lse too much
Ok, we have agree to disagree. Especially in the point about "losing much".
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Tru2RedNGold25.
If everything else fails do the niners look to his way if he still available???

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If everything else fails do the niners look to his way if he still available???

no we haven't called him yet, Flynn is not an upgrade from Smith and probably not even an upgrade from Kaepernick. If we inexplicably lost both Manning and Smith we would sign Hasselbeck(if Manning pick TEN and Smith to MIA or SEA), or Josh Johnson(if Manning went to DEN and Alex went to SEA or MIA). In both scenarios Flynn still choses between his main suitors of SEA and MIA. No way we get Flynn.
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Filed to ESPN: Matt Flynn has agreed to terms witj Seattle on a 3-yr contract worth up to $26M w/$10M guaranteed.
Alex, lol. It's either wait for the Niners or go to the sorry ass Dolphins. What is it going to be?
ok we can this thread up
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Share 49ersWebzone