LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Matt Flynn

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by fastforward:
True if there is no interest on Flynn. However with many teams needing a QB, it might work out very well. What it translates to is Flynn will have $14 million guaranteed contract. If Fitzpatrick can get more than that guaranteed, Flynn can get it. And the reward for taking on the low risk is for the Packers to get a second-round pick at minimum. Who knows they might get a top-10 pick with that kind of move.
Stop taking drugs...We are talking about a backup who started a pair of games in a very good system. Who is so f... retarded to give a unproven backup 14M bucks?

cards gave it to Kevin Kolb. He had a couple more starts, maybe 4 starts. I can see it happening.
Stop taking drugs...We are talking about a backup who started a pair of games in a very good system. Who is so f... retarded to give a unproven backup 14M bucks?

Like I wrote in my post, the Bills gave Fitzpatrick more than that, and we knew very well that the Cardinals gave Kolb $20 million. When Bradford can make $50 million in 2 years while standing on the sideline for a big chunk of time (more than 6 games this season), anything can go.

Like I wrote in my post, the Bills gave Fitzpatrick more than that, and we knew very well that the Cardinals gave Kolb $20 million. When Bradford can make $50 million in 2 years while standing on the sideline for a big chunk of time (more than 6 games this season), anything can go.

You can't use Bradford as an example. Rookie salaries were ridiculous, and that system has been fixed.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
cards gave it to Kevin Kolb. He had a couple more starts, maybe 4 starts. I can see it happening.
Yeah and everyone saw what happened, same goes for Cassel. But Kolb and Cassel played a little bit more games and it's not like we are talking about unimportant ones. Cassel played a whole season, Kolb played early in the season. Flynn hadnt any pressure this sunday. Last season, the only game he played good was against the Pats. That's all.
Fitzpatrick played a good season (summarized) before he got that contract, not 2 games, where one of them was completely meaningless. And his supporting cast is way more worse than that in Green Bay.
Redskins might be the team to overpay him , considering its all they ever do.

Best bet for Skins is trade up and draft RG3 if they need to
RGIII to the Skins is a very likely scenario imo. He is athletic/strong-armed, thats what Shanahan loves.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Dump Smith and bring in Flynn

I remember when people said the same about McNabb!

oh wait....

• cciowa
  • Veteran
ah,,,, never mind
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
ah,,,, never mind

Come on CC tell me how you really feel.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I remember when people said the same about McNabb!

oh wait....

And Kolb. Cromartie and a first

i think it was cromartie and a 2nd round pick, but either or we sitting at 13-3... Flynn whoo?
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

i think it was cromartie and a 2nd round pick, but either or we sitting at 13-3... Flynn whoo?

You may be correct. I just chuckle every time any other QB has a good day, come to the zone and you will see a thread about signing him. If he becomes a FA, there will be a thread to sign him. Works with almost everyone. Right now is Flynn's turn. Last year was Kolb.

I hope Flynn has a good career, I liked him in college. Just think people need to slow down a bit, he has 2 starts and a really good game. How many backups had a great day? How about Dallas coach Jason Garrett. If he were playing now on that night, they would have screamed for him to be a 9er.

Anyways, guys can have a good day anointing Flynn the new Jesus of QBing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You may be correct. I just chuckle every time any other QB has a good day, come to the zone and you will see a thread about signing him. If he becomes a FA, there will be a thread to sign him. Works with almost everyone. Right now is Flynn's turn. Last year was Kolb.

I hope Flynn has a good career, I liked him in college. Just think people need to slow down a bit, he has 2 starts and a really good game. How many backups had a great day? How about Dallas coach Jason Garrett. If he were playing now on that night, they would have screamed for him to be a 9er.

NO, that would be Tolzien.

I say the same about Andrew luck.. awesome hes supposed to be the next best thing.. the next peyton manning, but College and NFL level are on a completely different level than one another... my friends have played college, 1 played for humboldt.. Division 2 but still.. and i dont see him in the NFL and he was starting tackle lol.
Share 49ersWebzone