LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Matt Flynn

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
IT'S THE SYSTEM NOT THE PLAYERS!!!

I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS AND GOT FLAMED FOR IT !

SCREEN , SLANT, CHECKDOWN, SCREEN, SLANT, PLAYACTION, CHECKDOWN, SLANT, ........

this,

plug and play system
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Matt Flynn just lost the MVP for Rodgers.

No way they can give it to Rodgers now after seeing what Flynn did. Brees has this locked up.

Well since Matt Flynn put up better stats against Detroit than Drew Brees maybe he's better than Brees. I can do this to. I can't stand people that make silly arguments like this. His QB Rating for this game was a tad higher than Rodgers' for the whole season. Are you implying that Flynn could play like this every game? Because that is close to what Rodgers did this season.

The people that think Brees deserves the MVP over Rodgers just don't know football. Drew Brees threw 150 more passes than Rodgers. It took him 60 more passes to hit 5087 yards than it took Marino to hit 5084. In every single QB efficiency stat with the exception of completion %, Rodgers is substantially better. Rodgers only threw 502 passes this year. Arguably the best season ever by a QB. All Brees did is throw a gazillion passes this year. Way more than any other QB. In a comfy dome. The MVP voters will rightfully give it to Rodgers. How else do you explain the Packers having a worse defense and rushing offense than the Saints yet having a better record? Answer that question. Green Bay has the best record in the NFL with the 2nd worst defense and one of the worst rushing offenses in the NFL. How can Brees have possibly had the better season? It makes no sense to anybody that actually knows something about football.

There is no way an MVP allows his team to lose to a 2-14 team. Absorb that for a second. Drew Brees lost to the Rams. One of just two teams that they beat. That's a pretty significant blemish. Seriously. The Rams beat two teams and Brees team was one of them. If you break down the stats. Brees isn't the same guy on the road. Rodgers' stats are almost identical at home or on the road. By far the most consistent QB in the NFL.
[ Edited by strat1080 on Jan 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Flynn just lost the MVP for Rodgers.

No way they can give it to Rodgers now after seeing what Flynn did. Brees has this locked up.

Im pretty sure MVP votes were turned in already.

How well the back-up does should have zero influence on the MVP vote anyway.
Pretty sure not. They aren't voted on until after the season is over.

They talked about it on the morning shows how it would affect the MVP race if Rodgers doesn't play and Brees puts up huge numbers.

It shouldn't. Its silly to use the fact that Rodgers has played so well that he doesn't even need to play the final game against him. If you ignore the bulk stats and just look at the numbers, Rodgers was significantly better. The Saints were also pretty classless chasing that yardage record. Rodgers has been pulled in the 3rd quarter three times and several more times with at least half the 4th quarter left. Mike McCarthy is a classy coach and doesn't believe in running up the score like Sean Payton and Bill Belichick. Rodgers easily could have broken Marino's record and surpasses Brady's 50 TD mark.

I mean we're really supposed to use stats that Brees compiled in a meaningless Week 17 game against a terrible team to solidify his MVP credentials over a guy that didn't even play because he played at arguably the highest level in NFL history. I'm sure plenty of voters will go with Brees but Rodgers should get the award. His team had a better record despite having the 2nd worst defense in the NFL and a substantially worse ground game than the Saints.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
MatthewBerryTMR Matthew Berry

Oh no... RT @Russellmania980: Heard Matt Flynn's performance generated lot of buzz & positive chatter amongst the big names of #Redskins org
He mad himself a lot of money this weekend.
brees should win mvo

he broke 6 records including most cionsecutive gaes with TD pass and most games with multiple TD pases most 300 yard passing games (consectuvly)

and single season yards

on another habd flynn i think is the new cassel r kolb- a product of there system
OMG he threw for 400+yards and TD's in a system hes been watching for 4 years, lets bring him here INSTANT sucess..

oh lord please give the 49ers offense Finley alongside Vernon davis, Jennings/Crabtree/Jordy Nelson/Donald Driver.. Frank Gore/Ryan Grant.. Oh man.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Flynn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Smith.
im going to crack up when Green bay sells Fllynn for a 1st rounder and a stud CB or some type of duo package to make there team even more unbalance lmao

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
im going to crack up when Green bay sells Fllynn for a 1st rounder and a stud CB or some type of duo package to make there team even more unbalance lmao

Flynn is a free agent after this year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'd give up our 1st, patrick willis and VD for him Flynn.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i'd give up everyone but bowman for him.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i'd give up everyone but bowman for him.

the only thing I would give up is reading these posts for him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dump Smith and bring in Flynn
Share 49ersWebzone