LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Matt Flynn

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Matt Flynn just lost the MVP for Rodgers.

No way they can give it to Rodgers now after seeing what Flynn did. Brees has this locked up.

Im pretty sure MVP votes were turned in already.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
oh yay 17 more yards

and how bout that performance in the post season
9/18 70 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 20.4 Passer rating
what a great season he had!

I think the Charlie Weis debacle had something to do with that....
Flynn had a great game. 6 TDs is just INSANE.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm on the Flynn bandwagon after today. Smith has done okay this year, but it seems like Harbaugh and co. aren't comfortable featuring Smith as a QB, but always try to get him to do minimal managing stuff. I want a QB that can open of the passing game and air the ball out with accuracy.

Yes because the 49ers receivers are just the same as the Packers receivers.

Remember, the Packers were WITHOUT their best WR, Greg Jennings, for this game and were giving a lot of starters rest, yet Flynn still threw for 6 TDs and set a yardage record for the Packs, which is a big deal given the QB's that have played for that franchise.

I'm not basing my judgment of Flynn just on this game, but on his consistent play when coming in for Rodgers the past few years.

Also, despite Smith's numbers, he and the Niners have been horrendous on 3rd downs and in the red zone this year. I don't see how, or why, the Niners would not want to upgrade all their offensive positions, especially the QB, after such a horrible showing this year. Practically of the Niners success on offense has been due to the amazing field position given to it by the special teams and turnovers by the defense, other than that, the offense has looked terrible this year outside of a few flashes here and there. If Harbaugh still thinks Kaep is the future of the franchise soon, that is fine and I will trust him and Baalke if they resign Smith, but this is a NOW league and they need to seriously consider upgrading the QB and the WR positions. Imagine if the Niners even had a middle of the pack offense with this defense...
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

No way they can give it to Rodgers now after seeing what Flynn did. Brees has this locked up.

They are not. Peter King on Sunday Night Football, who has a vote, said he was glad he still had 16 hours to cast his vote.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm on the Flynn bandwagon after today. Smith has done okay this year, but it seems like Harbaugh and co. aren't comfortable featuring Smith as a QB, but always try to get him to do minimal managing stuff. I want a QB that can open of the passing game and air the ball out with accuracy.

Yes because the 49ers receivers are just the same as the Packers receivers.

Remember, the Packers were WITHOUT their best WR, Greg Jennings, for this game and were giving a lot of starters rest, yet Flynn still threw for 6 TDs and set a yardage record for the Packs, which is a big deal given the QB's that have played for that franchise.

I'm not basing my judgment of Flynn just on this game, but on his consistent play when coming in for Rodgers the past few years.

Also, despite Smith's numbers, he and the Niners have been horrendous on 3rd downs and in the red zone this year. I don't see how, or why, the Niners would not want to upgrade all their offensive positions, especially the QB, after such a horrible showing this year. If Harbaugh still thinks Kaep is the future of the franchise soon, that is fine and I will trust him and Baalke if they resign Smith, but this is a NOW league and they need to seriously consider upgrading the QB and the WR positions. Imagine if the Niners even had a middle of the pack offense with this defense...

I like this upgrade at QB. Plus, we need a legit, BIG receiver and a shut down corner and we are good for a decade.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
They are not. Peter King on Sunday Night Football, who has a vote, said he was glad he still had 16 hours to cast his vote.

I thought I heard it somewhere, maybe I heard wrong. Though you do always hear writers like to turn in there votes early.

I thought I heard it somewhere, maybe I heard wrong. Though you do always hear writers like to turn in there votes early.

Yeah, probably. I still think Rodgers gets it, just due to how amazing the Packs have been on offense this year. It's either him or Brees.

Pretty sure not. They aren't voted on until after the season is over.

They talked about it on the morning shows how it would affect the MVP race if Rodgers doesn't play and Brees puts up huge numbers.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Yeah, probably. I still think Rodgers gets it, just due to how amazing the Packs have been on offense this year. It's either him or Brees.

It will be close between Brady, Rodgers and Brees. And since probably 40-50% of writers have already turned in their vote. Rodgers wins in super close vote with Brees #2 and Brady #3

IT'S THE SYSTEM NOT THE PLAYERS!!!

I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS AND GOT FLAMED FOR IT !

SCREEN , SLANT, CHECKDOWN, SCREEN, SLANT, PLAYACTION, CHECKDOWN, SLANT, ........
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
IT'S THE SYSTEM NOT THE PLAYERS!!!

I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS AND GOT FLAMED FOR IT !

SCREEN , SLANT, CHECKDOWN, SCREEN, SLANT, PLAYACTION, CHECKDOWN, SLANT, ........

take a deep breath......
There was a lot of YAC in that game
Flynn is deff learning from Aaron and that great staff they have there. Amazing game by him props

It will be close between Brady, Rodgers and Brees. And since probably 40-50% of writers have already turned in their vote. Rodgers wins in super close vote with Brees #2 and Brady #3

I'd give it to Bree's if the saints weren't so bipolar away for the dome
Share 49ersWebzone