LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

How many active players are HOF bound?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I wonder if Larry Fitz will get another QB to help him out.

What do you guys think about Julius Peppers?

I think Larry leaves once his contract is up.
What are everyone's thoughts on Donovan McNabb?

Not a first ballot...but maybe 3 or 4 tries he can make it in, I beleive.
Bradford.
Tebow.
Chris Johnson.
Demarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Patrick Willis

Darrelle Revis if he can keep up his level of play. Staying injury-free will be key for him.

[ Edited by Homo4Romo on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:57:37 ]
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:
Demarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Patrick Willis

Darrelle Revis if he can keep up his level of play. Staying injury-free will be key for him.

Witten, seriously? He's good, but it's arguable whether he's even top-5 in the league today at the peak of his career. I question Ware too, like Witten he's good but will he have the longevity/numbers to warrant HOF consideration?
Originally posted by thedude:
Demarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Patrick Willis

Witten, seriously? He's good, but it's arguable whether he's even top-5 in the league today at the peak of his career. I question Ware too, like Witten he's good but will he have the longevity/numbers to warrant HOF consideration?

He's already 4th all-time statistically. He's the only tight end in NFL history to 80 or more catches, and 900 or more yards in five different seasons. He has better numbers than Gonzalez did at his age, and he's always at the top of the league statistically. He's already 60 catches ahead of him at the same point in their careers, and 119 catches ahead of him at the same age.

This season he's at
90 catches

956 yards

8 TD's

For his career he's at
613 catches

6,921 yards

35 touchdowns
Demarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Patrick Willis

He's already 4th all-time statistically. He's the only tight end in NFL history to 80 or more catches, and 900 or more yards in five different seasons. He has better numbers than Gonzalez did at his age, and he's always at the top of the league statistically. He's already 60 catches ahead of him at the same point in their careers, and 119 catches ahead of him at the same age.

This season he's at
90 catches

956 yards

8 TD's

For his career he's at
613 catches

6,921 yards

35 touchdowns

Wow, I didn't realize his alltime stats were that good. He's actually the only player on the Cowboys I like, but he's never been the game-changer that other HOF tight ends like Gonzalez/Winslow/Sharpe were IMO. But he is defintely a dependable target and if he stays healthy the next few years he could make a run at some records and make a good argument for himself.
Demarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Patrick Willis

This season he's at
90 catches

956 yards

8 TD's

For his career he's at
613 catches

6,921 yards

35 touchdowns

Wow, I didn't realize his alltime stats were that good. He's actually the only player on the Cowboys I like, but he's never been the game-changer that other HOF tight ends like Gonzalez/Winslow/Sharpe were IMO. But he is defintely a dependable target and if he stays healthy the next few years he could make a run at some records and make a good argument for himself.

Most people usually don't realize how good he is. Another thing most people don't know is he's usually one of the top tight ends when it comes to Yards After Catch.
Most people usually don't realize how good he is. Another thing most people don't know is he's usually one of the top tight ends when it comes to Yards After Catch.

Yes, he is definitely a good YAC TE (especially since Romo went out). But I'd still take Davis over him any day.

Yes, he is definitely a good YAC TE (especially since Romo went out). But I'd still take Davis over him any day.

I wouldn't expect any less. Part of being a fan is thinking that your guys are the best.

I wouldn't expect any less. Part of being a fan is knowing that your guys are the best.

Fixed

I wouldn't expect any less. Part of being a fan is knowing that your guys are the best.

Fixed

Patrick Willis
Here's my list, broken down by team. I also included players that some might consider future hall of famers, just not by me (italicized).

Arizona Cardinals
WR Larry Fitzgerald
OG Alan Faneca
OLB Joey Porter
SS Adrian Wilson

Atlanta Falcons
TE Tony Gonzalez
DE John Abraham

Baltimore Ravens
C Matt Birk
TE Todd Heap
LB Ray Lewis
FS Ed Reed

Buffalo Bills
None

Carolina Panthers
LB Jon Beason
WR Steve Smith

Chicago Bears
C Olin Kreutz
KR/PR Devin Hester
LB Brian Urlacher
DE Julius Peppers

Cincinnati Bengals
None

Cleveland Browns
LT Joe Thomas

Dallas Cowboys
OLB Demarcus Ware
TE Jason Witten

Denver Broncos
FS Brian Dawkins
CB Champ Bailey
LT Ryan Clady

Detroit Lions
WR Calvin Johnson
DT NDamukong Suh

Green Bay Packers
QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Donald Driver

Houston Texans
WR Andre Johnson

Indianapolis Colts
QB Peyton Manning
C Jeff Saturday
DE Dwight Freeney
K Adam Vinatieri
WR Reggie Wayne
RT Ryan Diem

Jacksonville Jaguars
None

Kansas City Chiefs
OG Brian Waters

Miami Dolphins
WR Brandon Marshall

Minnesota Vikings
QB Brett Favre
OG Steve Hutchinson
DT Pat Williams
DE Jared Allen

New England Patriots
QB Tom Brady
LT Matt Light
NT Vince Wilfork
C Dan Koppen

New Orleans Saints
QB Drew Brees
LB Jonathan Vilma

New York Giants
LT David Diehl
OG Chris Snee
C Shaun O'Hara

New York Jets
C Nick Mangold
CB Darrelle Revis
DE Shaun Ellis

Oakland Raiders
P Shane Lechler

Philadelphia Eagles
QB Michael Vick

Pittsburgh Steelers
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Hines Ward
OLB James Harrison
NT Casey Hampton
SS Troy Polamalu
LB James Farrior

San Diego Chargers
QB Philip Rivers
TE Antonio Gates

San Francisco 49ers
LB Patrick Willis
RB Frank Gore
RB Brian Westbrook

Seattle Seahawks
None

St. Louis Rams
RB Steven Jackson

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
CB Ronde Barber

Tennessee Titans
WR Randy Moss
RB Chris Johnson

Washington Redskins
LB London Fletcher
QB Donovan McNabb

Thoughts? Did I miss somebody, or add somebody who shouldn't be there?
^^ you left off Tomlinson.

Also, I don't think Heap has anywhere near the credentials to be a HOFer.
Share 49ersWebzone