There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

He needs 6 years to develop.
Originally posted by susweel:

Maybe more...

Naw,
lucky for him he's surrounded by talent

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It took Dashon Goldson about 3 years to be a starter. I think it will take Mays about that too

Wasn't he hurt one year?

Yeah, I think so but he wasn't going to see the field aways. The coaches still have the hots for Mark Roman back then. Goldson got the licks but don't know enough about the position back then.

Not Nate Davis, Taylor Mays.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

I expected to not see much of Mays this season, however in 2011, I think we will see a lot of #23
I think they're doing the right thing with him.
mattbarrows

Singletary: Taylor Mays could play with Michael Lewis dealing with "personal reasons" this week. 3 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

MaioccoCSN

No practice today for 49ers S Michael Lewis (personal reasons). That could open door Sunday for Taylor Mays to see first snaps on defense.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Singletary: Taylor Mays could play with Michael Lewis dealing with "personal reasons" this week. 3 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

MaioccoCSN

No practice today for 49ers S Michael Lewis (personal reasons). That could open door Sunday for Taylor Mays to see first snaps on defense.

I wonder if Lewis's personal issues are being benched? I think he's washed up but I hope nothing goes wrong with his family or anything, he has always been a good leader and seemed like a good teammate. I'd be happy to see TMays in action though.
we dont have coaches to develop him

idk why we drafted project players knowing we have a poor track records at developing them.
MaioccoCSN Do not expect to see Michael Lewis with 49ers on Sunday.
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Do not expect to see Michael Lewis with 49ers on Sunday.

Good I hope Taylor Mays starts it can't get any worse than Michael Lewis back there.