LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
We don't need him yet. The other rookies are filling needed holes and doing admirably, especially our 2 O-line.

I'm shocked at how good our draft is looking. We are into week 3 and look at our

Definite Starters:
A.Davis
M.Iupati

Play Significant Role:
N.Bowman (possibly start)
N.Byham (moving up the depth chart, could start as H-back and replace Norris)

Solid Contribution
T.Mays (props on the R.Bush tackle! way to play disciplined!)
K.Williams (Starting PR/KR? if healthy)
P.Adams (Starting PR?)

We actually seamed to hit on EVERY pick! Stars in the making and solid contributors.
You have to consider that he has to learn more than the average safety about coverage because he wasnt asked to do much at USC, he consistently played 20 yards from scrimmage. From what we have heard from training camp and coaches he is coming along nicely but there is no need to put him in a starting role just yet...and he still is playing behind reggie smith who has played very well so far... Mays has a lot of physical talent but until he can understand the defense he is a liability at that position.
Originally posted by WkendWarrior:
You have to consider that he has to learn more than the average safety about coverage because he wasnt asked to do much at USC, he consistently played 20 yards from scrimmage. From what we have heard from training camp and coaches he is coming along nicely but there is no need to put him in a starting role just yet...and he still is playing behind reggie smith who has played very well so far... Mays has a lot of physical talent but until he can understand the defense he is a liability at that position.

this
Because he needs to learn how to play football instead of just using physical talent to get by.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ur kinda new so u probally dont know drafting him we knew he was a project he will start later this season or next year for sure he has good work ethic and oysical abilities but his coverage and tackling isnt good he is a work in progress

this guy... him bein new to tha zone don't make him any less knowledgable about tha team then u
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
We don't need him yet. The other rookies are filling needed holes and doing admirably, especially our 2 O-line.

I'm shocked at how good our draft is looking. We are into week 3 and look at our

Definite Starters:
A.Davis
M.Iupati

Play Significant Role:

Solid Contribution
P.Adams (Starting PR?)

We actually seamed to hit on EVERY pick! Stars in the making and solid contributors.

Very true, and how can you forget A. Dixon. He was the Preseason rushing leader and scored a key td in his only regular season carry.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Who's number 23 ?
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Definite Starters:
A.Davis
M.Iupati

Play Significant Role:

Solid Contribution
P.Adams (Starting PR?)

Very true, and how can you forget A. Dixon. He was the Preseason rushing leader and scored a key td in his only regular season carry.

Don't forget, Adams can actually be a starting CB for us in the future.

Man, Baalke probably showed Jed all the player he WOULD have picked in past drafts and the list probably blew Jed away only to look for any reason to replace Scot.
It took Dashon Goldson about 3 years to be a starter. I think it will take Mays about that too
mays still has a lot of learning to do, hopefully he'll be the starter next year when michael lewis leaves.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It took Dashon Goldson about 3 years to be a starter. I think it will take Mays about that too

i doubt we re-sign goldson
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Our secondary is going to be s**tty next season.
  • dman
  • Veteran

Why would we not re-sign Goldson...?

Why would we not re-sign Goldson...?

dude wants to be paid like a top safety
Share 49ersWebzone