LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
One thing about Taylor Mays is he's willing to take "chances."

This can result in BIG PLAYS that work in your favor -- or against.

In other words -- you either end up with a game-changing PICK -- or a long TD.
MaioccoCSN

Mike Singletary declined to say whether Michael Lewis' "personal reason" is football related. Pretty easy to assume he lost starting job.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I have to say is...this kid wants it more than anyone else.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

I'm really rootin for this guy.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

when you're a self proclaimed guru you don't have to be right
Originally posted by verb1der:

Amen! I hope he gets a pick! I'm bracing myself for at least one blown coverage for a TD over the top, though.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Amen! I hope he gets a pick! I'm bracing myself for at least one blown coverage for a TD over the top, though.

He'll make mistakes and he might as well make all of them now (season is lost), hopefully he will become the full time starter in 2011, and prove all his doubters wrong.
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:00 PM ]

He'll make mistakes and he might as well make all of them now (season is lost), hopefully he will become the full time starter in 2011, and prove all his doubters wrong.

8-8 might win the division. Season's far from lost, though things have got to turn fast.
Originally posted by gravelburn:

8-8 might win the division. Season's far from lost, though things have got to turn fast.

I sure hope you're right.
Originally posted by gravelburn:

He is a good in the open field , Lets see him Pick one off Matt Ryan this Sunday!!

LETS GO 49ERS!!!!
This could not get any better. Michael Lewis has been the weak point of our defense for so long I cant wait til they release him!!! Now the Taylor Mays will get his shot!!! This team needs a fresh look to the secondary and now with Mays and Goldsen as our safteys we can move forward!!!
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:
This could not get any better. Michael Lewis has been the weak point of our defense for so long I cant wait til they release him!!! Now the Taylor Mays will get his shot!!! This team needs a fresh look to the secondary and now with Mays and Goldsen as our safteys we can move forward!!!

Is Mays starting or are they going with Reggie Smith? Has it been announced?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We all know who Matt Ryan will be picking on.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:

i like how you say "the" taylor mays..makes him sound so freakish
Share 49ersWebzone