LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It took Dashon Goldson about 3 years to be a starter. I think it will take Mays about that too

Wasn't he hurt one year?
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
It took Dashon Goldson about 3 years to be a starter. I think it will take Mays about that too

i doubt we re-sign goldson

Our secondary is going to be s**tty next season.

like its not already?
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i doubt we re-sign goldson

Our secondary is going to be s**tty next season.

Our secondary is the weak link on this team. Next years draft will be circa early 1980s draft where we focus heavily on DBs. Once we get this ironed out, look out!!!!
I think that Mays will start next season for the niners. Michael Lewis is getting older and I think that he has this season and he is gone. Unless he goes to the probowl or produces interceptions this season, I think his job will at least be in question during the offseason. I am really curious as to what Mays has to offer for our D that has not been very good against the pass. But I think I could be wrong about how good our DB's are right now. They did contain Brees so maybe they get better this year
As soon as next season but no later than 2 years. If can't get the starting job after 3 years on the team he ain't going to ever get it.
next season or after lewis concussion whichever comes first
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

tell me how that crow tastes next season
[/b]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
next season or after lewis concussion whichever comes first

lol, this pretty much
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:

tell me how that crow tastes next season
[/b]

He's talking about how the guy spelled "safety" wrong. If you read his post, you would have gotten that.

• ACUK
  • Veteran
I think it will be a couple of seasons before he starts at safety, much like Reggie Smith has had to wait, but I think he is going to be good on special teams during that period.
most likely next season. reggie and mays don't even come close to crossing paths at SS. goldson resigning and reggie developing have nothing to do with it

Would you move Reggie into SS or move him into FS and put Goldson at SS? I think Reggie would be the better FS out of the two.
  • titan
  • Veteran
When our safety play starts turning to garbage. But they have been pretty solid.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Would you move Reggie into SS or move him into FS and put Goldson at SS? I think Reggie would be the better FS out of the two.

Its possible that in the end Reggie and Mays will be the starting safeties, Smith could be FS and Mays SS
Share 49ersWebzone