There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kevin Kolb

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
"A young quarterback needs time to mature as he grows in the game. I don't think Kolb has lost one thing. He's a franchise quarterback. He will win games, and championships, for the Eagles." ~Andy Reid, September, 2010

So we can take your opinion/analysis, or we can take the word of the guy who sees him every day. I know, I'm a fool for not taking your side on this, but you'll just have to forgive me if I lean towards the guy who actually coaches him.

Yea, it's pretty silly to think that Kolb is a train wreck or mediocre or similar to Alex Smith. Andy Reid is one of the best QB coaches to come around in last couple of decades - so, I too will take his word and his opinion on Kolb a little more seriously.

I highly doubt Kolb gets traded, unless a team offers somethin' that Eagles can't refuse.
You included the 6 games Kolb played in 2008? In those 6 games - he threw the ball a total of 34 times and 4 INTs.

Why would you include these stats? 6 games 34 attempts? You can't honestly evaluate a QB when he throwing less than 6 passes a game.

C'mon mannnnn...

This thread = Train Wreck
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
"A young quarterback needs time to mature as he grows in the game. I don't think Kolb has lost one thing. He's a franchise quarterback. He will win games, and championships, for the Eagles." ~Andy Reid, September, 2010

So we can take your opinion/analysis, or we can take the word of the guy who sees him every day. I know, I'm a fool for not taking your side on this, but you'll just have to forgive me if I lean towards the guy who actually coaches him.

Yea, it's pretty silly to think that Kolb is a train wreck or mediocre or similar to Alex Smith. Andy Reid is one of the best QB coaches to come around in last couple of decades - so, I too will take his word and his opinion on Kolb a little more seriously.

I highly doubt Kolb gets traded, unless a team offers somethin' that Eagles can't refuse.

There's no way the Eagles keep Kolb. Vick will receive one of the larger contracts in the NFL. You don't keep Kolb when you have zero intention of starting him in the forseeable future, why would you when you can net serious draft picks for him?
Kolb is easily better than any QB we currently have based on the few games he has played and more so based on Andy Reid. If he says Kolb is good. Then Kolb is good. Plain and simple
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

There's no way the Eagles keep Kolb. Vick will receive one of the larger contracts in the NFL. You don't keep Kolb when you have zero intention of starting him in the forseeable future, why would you when you can net serious draft picks for him?

The Eagles will absolutely keep him. You keep him because hes cheap (1.3 mil), and because Vick is always guarenteed to miss a few games every year so having a backup QB who gives you a chance to still win games is huge. Its not as if the Eagles need the picks, theyre already a pretty deep team.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Kolb is easily better than any QB we currently have based on the few games he has played and more so based on Andy Reid. If he says Kolb is good. Then Kolb is good. Plain and simple

Andy Reid is a proven liar when it comes to handling his QBs. You can't trust anything that guy says.
I think its hilarious that Alex Smith apparently is still considered a question mark/mystery despite all of the games he's played and loss, while guys like Kolb and Troy Smith are already train wrecks with much less evidence.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
What evidence do you have of Andy Reid being a great QB developer? He had McNabb for ever and he is apparently not a hard worker, I don't know any of his backups(oh wait A.J. Feeley -- Yea Reid did such a great job with him that he is backing up Bradford in STL after 3 years without accumulating stats and two tours with the Eagles seperated by 3 years with MIA with 1 with SD???)all the way until Kolb and Kolb just seems like a middle of the road QB. Michael Vick was already a pro bowl player and is clearly a veteran QB. If anyone gets credit for developing Vick shouldn't it be McNabb and the Eagles QB coach?!?? After all that is that guys job descriptions.....
Again Vick is just plain better then Kolb but tell me something if you were so high on your supposed starter who has been in your system for 4 years wouldn't you immediately put him back in after Vick did his job and backed up Kolb during injury?!??!

Also it shouldn't be that ridiculous to think Kolb will continue to play he has played. I'm sure by the time you are in your mid to late 20's you won't be getting anymore athletic then you already are and sorry but I am also looking at Kolb's size(really similar to Alex) and obviously he is becoming a concussion victim already.

Going after Kolb for 2 1st round draft picks(Reid's off season asking price for Kolb. GUESS WHO WE COULD DRAFT WITH EITHER OF THOSE FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS?!?!? Ryan Mallett, Cam Newton, Terrel Pryor, Patrick Peterson, or Prince Amukamara. Next year if we tanked it Luck, Locker or any of the DBs from next years class) -- We might as well sign Marc Bulger or someone else at the veteran minimum(Kolb would want a big deal) who has played more football.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 24, 2010 at 09:57:29 ]
Originally posted by sfout:
What evidence do you have of Andy Reid being a great QB developer? He had McNabb for ever and he is apparently not a hard worker, I don't know any of his backups(oh wait A.J. Feeley -- Yea Reid did such a great job with him that he is backing up Bradford in STL after 3 years without accumulating stats and two tours with the Eagles seperated by 1 year with MIA???)all the way until Kolb and Kolb just seems like a middle of the round QB. Michael Vick was already a pro bowl player and is clearly a veteran QB. If anyone gets credit for developing Vick shouldn't it be McNabb and the Eagles QB coach?!?? After all that is that guys job descriptions.....
Again Vick is just plain better then Kolb but tell me something if you were so high on your supposed starter who has been in your system for 4 years wouldn't you immediately put him back in after Vick did his job and backed up Kolb during injury?!??!

Also it shouldn't be that ridiculous to think Kolb will continue to play he has played. I'm sure by the time you are in your mid to late 20's you won't be getting anymore athletic then you already are and sorry but I am also looking at Kolb's size and obviously he is becoming a concussion victim already.

hmmm............... I think I will take Andy Ried's assessment over some arm chair GM sitting on his couch.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Hmm I think that is Andy Reid talking up his "talent" -- Also that was in September....Ask Reid that to repeat that this week and he will say "Will right now we've got Mike Vick and we're doing fine". Translation: We're going to give Vick the off season to make sure he doesn't screw up again then franchise him or sign him to a long term deal and try and trade Kolb. Both Vick and Eagles brass have said they want to keep their partnership going. There is no way Kolb will be an Eagle by end of next season. They will trade or let him walk in FA. Sorry but I don't want someone's trash for 2 first round picks.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 24, 2010 at 10:34:14 ]
What evidence do you have of Andy Reid being a great QB developer? He had McNabb for ever and he is apparently not a hard worker, I don't know any of his backups(oh wait A.J. Feeley -- Yea Reid did such a great job with him that he is backing up Bradford in STL after 3 years without accumulating stats and two tours with the Eagles seperated by 3 years with MIA with 1 with SD???)all the way until Kolb and Kolb just seems like a middle of the road QB. Michael Vick was already a pro bowl player and is clearly a veteran QB. If anyone gets credit for developing Vick shouldn't it be McNabb and the Eagles QB coach?!?? After all that is that guys job descriptions.....

Also it shouldn't be that ridiculous to think Kolb will continue to play he has played. I'm sure by the time you are in your mid to late 20's you won't be getting anymore athletic then you already are and sorry but I am also looking at Kolb's size(really similar to Alex) and obviously he is becoming a concussion victim already.

Going after Kolb for 2 1st round draft picks(Reid's off season asking price for Kolb. GUESS WHO WE COULD DRAFT WITH EITHER OF THOSE FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS?!?!? Ryan Mallett, Cam Newton, Terrel Pryor, Patrick Peterson, or Prince Amukamara. Next year if we tanked it Luck, Locker or any of the DBs from next years class) -- We might as well sign Marc Bulger or someone else at the veteran minimum(Kolb would want a big deal) who has played more football.

I can't even begin to break down everything wrong with this...
why I don't think he is a franchise QB, I do think he will be good +. He is no train wreck brah
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I can't even begin to break down everything wrong with this...
Its best to just ignore it. Let the trolls fade back into the darkness.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:

Yes. But how good? One 1st rounder? Two? No.