LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 377 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmithGore:
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/broncos.cutler.nfl.2.946829.html

here it is. I told you guys.

The Broncos had a three-way deal in the works late last night with the Patriots and Buccaneers. The proposed trade would've sent Cutler to Tampa and Matt Cassel to Denver. That deal fell apart when Cassel was traded to the Chiefs earlier Sunday morning.

...that's the most important part of the article. He ain't on the block anymore.
no way thats true..
Cutler to Broncos
Is Payton to Indy
Brady to New Eng
romo to homoland
Palmer to Cincy
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
no way thats true..
Cutler to Broncos
Is Payton to Indy
Brady to New Eng
romo to homoland
Palmer to Cincy

I thought Romo was already in homoland..
Okay, I'm generally agaisnt big trades (no reason in partcular, just a pet peeve), but this is one I would SERIOUSLY consider.
Jay Cutler - QB - Broncos
Cutler upset after Broncos' trade talks
Before the Pats traded Cassel to the Chiefs, the Bucs, Lions, and Broncos became entwined in the talks. Tampa called Denver about a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and Cutler to the Bucs. The Lions also knocked on Denver's door about Cutler with Cassel as potential bait, but the Broncos turned down both offers after "entertaining the notion." Schefter was clear that the Broncos only fielded calls and did not instigate talks. February 28 - 3:09 p.m. ET
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
no way thats true..
Cutler to Broncos
Is Payton to Indy
Brady to New Eng
romo to homoland
Palmer to Cincy

I thought Romo was already in homoland..

He is, but aparently, T.O. got there and is driving everyone crazy.
give up the 1st for this guy, and we have a franchise qb, or trade smith back to nolan plus a 2nd rder
REPORTS: BRONCOS ENTERTAINED TRADING CUTLER
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:22 PM
Adam Schefter of NFL Network and Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver report that the Broncos have been shopping quarterback Jay Cutler.

Per both reports, the Bucs and Broncos were trying to swing a three-way deal pursuant to which Matt Cassel would have been traded from the Pats to the Broncos, Cutler would have gone from Denver to Tampa, and the Patriots would have been compensated presumably by the Buccaneers.

According to Schefter, the Lions also approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler.

And here's where it gets interesting. Schefter's version creates the impression that the Broncos didn't initiate the talks, and merely responded to the offers presented. Vic Lombardi's version suggests that the Broncos were and are shopping the eleventh overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told Vic Lombardi. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

Despite Cutler's generally P.C. comments, Schefter contends that Cutler was angered by the news.

There's a consensus in league circles that Cutler has plateaued after showing some improvement early in the 2008 season. He has been criticized in some circles for having a nonchalant demeanor.

The reality is that, whenever there's a new coach, there's a chance that he'll want to pick his own quarterback. Regardless of whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks, the fact that the Broncos said anything other than "hell no" suggests that new coach Josh McDaniels wants to go in a different direction.
[url=null]null[/url] Pro football talk

[ Edited by epdavis on Feb 28, 2009 at 13:56:36 ]
Originally posted by lakers27:
give up the 1st for this guy, and we have a franchise qb, or trade smith back to nolan plus a 2nd rder

BTW, someone could ask Nolan if he plans to wreck the careers of every young QB in the NFL.
1st Rounder + Hill

DO IT!!! Pull the trigger guys
If it's true please pull the trigger on this one. Cutler is a play maker. I would give up our first rounder for him in a heart beat.
I don't see why they would have done this deal. Maybe McDaniels doesn't like Cutler, could mean that they would entertain other offers.

Cutler might be mad enough now to demand a trade.
  • Slothrop
  • Info N/A
I'd trade 'em our 1st . Cutler is one of the best young quarterbacks in the league. Denver's problems do not lie with Cutler, but with the defense and their now mediocre running game (which was one of the most dominating in the league not that long ago).
I would give what ever for him... Mike shanahan draft hi for a reason and he has shown he is the best young qb in the league...

pick him up right know...
Share 49ersWebzone