There are 265 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Chief49er:
Trading for Cutler would give us wins, playoffs, sales of tickets and product, prime time games and a happy fan base.

There is NO reason we shouldn't make a move on him.

This seems like BS but I will share anyway.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140554-jayc-to-dc-3-way-trade-has-5-players-moving-and-2-drafts

This is unconfirmed.

However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big.

Our source says that teams will announce the deal at 5 p.m. this evening.

If he couldn't take the Broncos to the playoffs, what makes you think he could do it for us? He was planted in one the best offensive systems in the league and he was surrounded by talent, yet he couldn't put it all together. Shanahan's QBs have the luxery of a dominant rushing attack an outstanding protection. Even Jake Plummer had success comparable success there. It's easy to blame their defense (Denver gave up 28 pts/gm, San Fran gaveup 23.8 pts/gm), but Cutler lost many of those games by his poor play.

When it's 3rd down and you're in scoring range, Cutler is the last QB in the NFL I'd want taking the snap. Even if there's nothing there, he's going to throw the ball up. It's the main reason Denver had such a problem getting in the endzone last season. He squandered too many drives that way. He doesn't yet grasp the concept of ball control.

Cutler has a great arm and plenty of potential, but he's showing some major immaturaty right now, IMO. Even if he feels betrayed by McDaniels, he didn't have to turn his back on the entire Bronco's organization, especially Pat Bowlen. That's classless. Teams surely would love to bring in a QB with that kind of talent, but he's just showing that he's got all the makings of a diva and few teams are going to be willing to deal with a player like that. He's really hurting his stock here. Because of the way Cutler is handling this, he's not going to be able to command the type of value he probably should get based on his abilities and youth, which means he's indirectly hurting his chances of getting traded because Denver isn't just going to give him away.

Right now, I don't see him leaving Denver. Once the mandatory workouts start rolling around, I think he'll find his way back on the team. Once he risks losing money, then it'll be a whole new story.
Trading for Cutler would give us wins, playoffs, sales of tickets and product, prime time games and a happy fan base.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140554-jayc-to-dc-3-way-trade-has-5-players-moving-and-2-drafts

This is unconfirmed.

However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big.

BTW, I think Denver makes out the best in that trade. I'd take Landry and Quinn over Cutler and Scheffler. Wow, that would be a huge trade.

It's not a bad deal for all teams involved.
Originally posted by strickac:

This is unconfirmed.

If he couldn't take the Broncos to the playoffs, what makes you think he could do it for us? He was planted in one the best offensive systems in the league and he was surrounded by talent, yet he couldn't put it all together. Shanahan's QBs have the luxery of a dominant rushing attack an outstanding protection. Even Jake Plummer had success comparable success there. It's easy to blame their defense (Denver gave up 28 pts/gm, San Fran gaveup 23.8 pts/gm), but Cutler lost many of those games by his poor play.

When it's 3rd down and you're in scoring range, Cutler is the last QB in the NFL I'd want taking the snap. Even if there's nothing there, he's going to throw the ball up. It's the main reason Denver had such a problem getting in the endzone last season. He squandered too many drives that way. He doesn't yet grasp the concept of ball control.

Cutler has a great arm and plenty of potential, but he's showing some major immaturaty right now, IMO. Even if he feels betrayed by McDaniels, he didn't have to turn his back on the entire Bronco's organization, especially Pat Bowlen. That's classless. Teams surely would love to bring in a QB with that kind of talent, but he's just showing that he's got all the makings of a diva and few teams are going to be willing to deal with a player like that. He's really hurting his stock here. Because of the way Cutler is handling this, he's not going to be able to command the type of value he probably should get based on his abilities and youth, which means he's indirectly hurting his chances of getting traded because Denver isn't just going to give him away.

Right now, I don't see him leaving Denver. Once the mandatory workouts start rolling around, I think he'll find his way back on the team. Once he risks losing money, then it'll be a whole new story.

b/c our defense is way better than the broncos?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Because we have a better defence and running back.

The Broncos can throw UDFAs in their backfield and still have more success than most teams. They also have a better O-line and WR.

I hope this trade goes through, so Jay can go to Washington and fall on his face.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

The Broncos can throw UDFAs in their backfield and still have more success than most teams. They also have a better O-line and WR.

I hope this trade goes through, so Jay can go to Washington and fall on his face.

That running game was with Mike Shanahan, we have a better running game. Also, see how those WR's do without a good QB. As for Oline, jury is out.
I'd give a bag of chips a real big bag of chips, or Manny and a pick! What the hell if we could get him we wouldn't need to draft Sanchez we could go O-line or Pass rusher at 10!
Take it for what its worth:

Two things that kept coming up were concerns about Cutler's alcohol consumption (given his diabetes) and "that's he not that (football) sharp."

"That scared the crap out of McDaniels,” the source told me.

linkish

He's in his 3rd year. The only QBs that come to mind that can put up those kinds of numbers with a solid running game are Drew Breese, Manning and Brady. Just wait until hes polished. This kid has the talents to be the best QB in the league.
Any word on how he looks in training camp?

Quote:
If he couldn't take the Broncos to the playoffs, what makes you think he could do it for us?

Because it is a widely accepted fact that QB's get better after 3 years in...that holds generally true for ALL QB's

So the Bears will have Cutler in his Prime, where as the Broncos had to deal with his developmental years.

That is a pretty big reason right there isn't it?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
Quote:
If he couldn't take the Broncos to the playoffs, what makes you think he could do it for us?

Because it is a widely accepted fact that QB's get better after 3 years in...that holds generally true for ALL QB's

So the Bears will have Cutler in his Prime, where as the Broncos had to deal with his developmental years.

So much better defense too. Denver's problem wasn't scoring, it was Defense. Chicago will get a top notch WR for him year, book it.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by danimal:
Quote:

So much better defense too. Denver's problem wasn't scoring, it was Defense. Chicago will get a top notch WR for him year, book it.

If I was a GM it would be my ultimate dream to acquire a 1st round QB in his 4th season!!!!!! Somebody else had to waste a pick on him, and develop him and test him out. I don't think I am going to see anything like this for the rest of my life.

Hell yeah they are going to get him a WR.
Share 49ersWebzone