LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Slothrop:
I'll take Cutler's 54td's, 37 picks, 9000 yards and 62% completion percentage over Alex Smith's 19 td's, 31 picks, 4600 yards and 54% completion percentage any day of the week. As would all rational 49ers fans who don't have a crush on Alex.

It isn't fair to compare their numbers. It isn't telling either.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
I'll take Cutler's 54td's, 37 picks, 9000 yards and 62% completion percentage over Alex Smith's 19 td's, 31 picks, 4600 yards and 54% completion percentage any day of the week. As would all rational 49ers fans who don't have a crush on Alex.

ok, so numbers aren't enough for you. Cutler can lead a reciever, has a quick release and has the strongest arm in the league. smith has none of those.
  • Binge
  • Info N/A
If Mike Shanahan couldn't get Cutler to reach his potential why would we want him, we're not known for are "coaching up" skills.

Cutler is far from mobile and further from consistent.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Smith has shown nothing in 3+ years other than he is stiff and inaccurate and mediocre at just about everything (and that is when healthy).
Cutler is a pro bowl talent that should learn to stop making some of those rookie type mistakes. He is a gem and a rare talent that could be one of the greats if he workss hard and gets better as he plays more.
Smith so far is a bust and might make a good backup somewhere. (don't get me wrong,he is still young and if he remains on the team I will be rooting for him to greatly improve over his consistently mediocre play and become a great player. Sad to say ,so far he is far from even being good. ). I would gladly trade Smith and JT and some high draft picks to get Cutler. The Broncos are not that stupid. ( unless they know Cutler's diabetic problems are so bad that he will be forced to retire early ).
I think we should try for Cutler, Offer them a 3rd + Player (Jennings anyone)..

or go the KC route and offer up our 3rd....

Im just sayin,

I do like Hill, and I do not think Alex is a bust, but i definatley see soemthing big in that kid...

-Da Tank
Jay Cutler got buthurt
lol this isn't f**king madden football guys. you can't just throw in players and get the trade completed. jonas jennings, JTO (who isn't even on our team now), alex smith.... all ridiculous.

now if you're talking draft picks i guess that is always feasible. but why in the world would the broncos want to start over at QB?

unless you assume they're going to go after brady quinn/derek anderson.

i dont think cutler will be traded but if he does i have a 99.9% guarantee it wont be to us
i'd trade them a 3rd this year and 1st next year
  • Slothrop
  • Info N/A

Right...because Alex didn't have the right coaching, because Alex had too many offensive coordinators, because Alex was hurt, because Alex didn't have the surrounding cast, because Alex had diaper rash when he was little, because Alex got yelled at by mean Mr. Nolan, because Alex is still young, because Alex is the second coming of Joe Montana but is just pretending to be Steve Dils to test our loyalty, because Alex had all the pressure of being the #1 pick in the draft, because Alex had to deal with tough questions from the media, because Alex just needs time to adjust to the speed of the game, because Alex didn't play in a pro style offense in college, because the Zone is mean to Alex, because Alex didn't get enough love as a child, because Alex broke up with his girlfriend, and is, like, TOTALLY heartbroken, because Alex's teammates aren't nice enough to him, because Alex is a sensitive young poet of the gridiron who's just misunderstood, because Alex had to worry about taking care of his family, because Alex had to have his family take care of him, because Alex is a Mormon and Mormons are discriminated against, because Alex is white and whites are discriminated against, because Alex is male and males are discriminated against, because Alex is a black albino and black albinos are discriminated against, because Alex has ADD, because Alex is too thoughtful, because Alex had to concentrate on fighting the evil Sauron, because Alex was busy preparing propaganda for the coming proletarian revolution, because Alex was busy editing his dialectical treatise on the hermeneutics of pocket presence in the age of Michael Vick, because Alex....

because Alex...

because Alex...

[ Edited by Slothrop on Feb 28, 2009 at 15:28:50 ]

Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:

i wont give up a 1st for no qb unless his name is peyton, tom, or carson
WTF - this makes absolutely ZERO sense and I dont think that it can be true... But if it was - I'd give up basically our whole draft.
Cutler is overrated. He makes poor decisions on the regular. I'd rather have Alex Smith with a strong rushing attack.

If you are serious - then this officially the most retarded post I have ever read on the webzone and you should be prohibited from posting ever again... Please tell me you are joking???

This takes Smith-love to a whole new level.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
WTF - this makes absolutely ZERO sense and I dont think that it can be true... But if it was - I'd give up basically our whole draft.
lol, okay Mike Ditka

Seriously though I think the reason they might be looking elsewhere is that they might feel Cutler is too much of a gunslinger and would not fit the system that the new coaching regime is putting into place. Coming out of the draft Mayock said Cutler had all the tools but sometimes questionsed his decision making. If you look at Brady and Cassell the yboth played within the system and if this istrue that they are shopping Cutler, it may be that they feel he cannot play within their system.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:

i wont give up a 1st for no qb unless his name is peyton, tom, or carson

Would you draft a QB in the first? Or trade it for a young QB that is actually proven to be good?
Share 49ersWebzone