LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • omarl02
  • Info N/A
lol iom praying the niners trade for Jay Cutler ..we should give them our 2nd round and 3rd round of this years draft and next years 2nd round pick ...lol i bet they would do it .
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
we need to make a deal for cutler.
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I love all of the idiots and morons on here saying dont get Cutler he cant play and Warner would just plain suck without two big wrs. If you are 8 9 or 10 years old you really shouldnt post on here and if not try watching some football at least for 1 full season.

Who would disagree with you? Clearly you're a genius.

Do you remember Warner's final play of the Super Bowl this year? Do you remember his interception before half time? That would be a sign of things to come if he were to join the 49ers.

And Cutler hasn't proven anything. I'd rather take a quality tackle or pass rusher with the tenth pick and address a point of concern. Then I'd use my remaining chips and put them in Alex's pocket and let him redeem himself in the eye's of the organization and fans.

Quite the opposite actually. Cutler has played at a pretty high level in the NFL while ANY player available at 10 overall hasn't proven a thing. Come on dude.

Everything is a roll of the dice. Until our offensive line is solid, all QBs are going to struggle behind it. And like I've said many times, I don't like Cutler. I don't care how strong his arm is. I think he is a poor decision maker and sports a bad attitude.

Doesn't change the fact that what you said was completely backwards. Cutler has proven what he can do in this league and no one in the upcoming draft can say the same thing. Taking an OT sounds easy, was real easy for Oakland who took a sure thing in Robert Gallery.

What has Cutler proven in the NFL? That he can squander an almost certain playoff spot? Get real.

Uhmm that he can play at a pro-bowl level? You do realize the Broncos had the 3rd WORST defense in the NFL, and towards the end of the season were on their 5th running back.
With all that in mind its pretty impressive that he got them to an 8-8 record.

thats too logical..
On an ESPN blog with mortenson, it said that the Bucs offered a 1st and a 3rd for Cutler as part of the 3 way deal.
  • TXNINERFAN
  • Info N/A
Three way deal with whom?
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
trade:

Shaun Hill
+
1st Round Draft Pick

+

2nd round in 2010

for cutler
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
What I am wondering is WHY the Broncos would even consider giving up a Pro Bowl caliber QB ?
Do they know something about his health issues? I believe he has diabetes and needs to monitor his insulin closly during games. We all know that diabetics have a much larger chance of major health problems as the years go on ,so do the Broncos believe that Cuttler will not be able to remain their long term QB ?
I love his skills and believe he will only get better with time (if he stays healthy) and I believe he will probably get better at decision making as he plays more and so will cut down his stupid int's . So would I give up the 10th pick for him,of course . Unless the Broncos know something ominous about his health that is not public knowledge yet.

What do you think they saw? His heartless performance at the end of last season of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqM7ae67Sw

And then there is the South Park episode that sealed the deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3kHiMg2TvM

And comments such as these are routine when you watch Cutler on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Xel_l7q0Q

post all the youtube links you want. In the end you, I, and the rest of the zone all know Cutler would be the best QB on this team hands down and the perfect piece to make a playoff run.

That 1st youtube link is from week 2 in the season, what has that got to do with his "heartless" performance at the end of the season.

Fail!
Originally posted by stever:
Why should Denver shop Cutler ?

Maybe he's not a "Nolan Guy"...lol. Or, sad to say, it could that they have to keep worrying if he's going to go into diabetic shock during a game.
The hoopla with his situation will blow over...his feeling are hurt (justifiably so), but all it'll take is for him to sit down w/Josh McDaniels and be reassured he's the man in Denver. He's not going anywhere...

Jay Cutlers record as a starter 17-20 and thats with 2 full years as being the starter..sounds like a winner lets trade for him ASAP, you guys are willing to give cutler a chance even though he has had 2 full years to prove he can be a winning QB which he is not, yet Alex Smith had only 1 full year yet you wont give him a chance, personally i think Shaun Hill should be the starter but im just saying
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The hoopla with his situation will blow over...his feeling are hurt (justifiably so), but all it'll take is for him to sit down w/Josh McDaniels and be reassured he's the man in Denver. He's not going anywhere...

yep.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jay Cutlers record as a starter 17-20 and thats with 2 full years as being the starter..sounds like a winner lets trade for him ASAP, you guys are willing to give cutler a chance even though he has had 2 full years to prove he can be a winning QB which he is not, yet Alex Smith had only 1 full year yet you wont give him a chance, personally i think Shaun Hill should be the starter but im just saying

Not that I totally disagree with you, per se, but Cutler did throw for over 4500 yards last season.
The funny thing is people sit on here and say he didnt have a running game and you want to trade the 10th pick for him yet the Broncos had a better running team then we had And stop giving him praise for taking them to 8-8 he had his hands in the losses as well as the wins. Why do you think they had so many blow out losses? The D takes some blame but give some to good ol #6 because Cutler put them in bad situations early in the game and is far from a clutch performance QB. Go watch the SF v Den game and I believe the QB that got his team into winning field position was Alex Smith with the Broncos getting the ball first.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Since everyone seems to be in love with the "laser rocket arm" QB's go compare Cutlers games to Shaun Hills games. Someone posted it in a thread a while back and the numbers where very similar except for one differnce. TURNOVERS! The kid is color blind ive been to plenty of Bronco games since I live in Denver and Cutler hasnt even learned how 2 look the safety off. He stares down who hes throwing to almost rt off the snap. I wouldnt give up a 1st rd pick for this guy at all, QB isnt our biggest need Oline is. Unless we move Cutler to RT or NT let someone else take his turnovers

No kidding. Like I said from the get, Cutler is way overrated.

Do you think a 29th ranked defense and the fact that Denver was down to their 6th string running back have any thing do to all those TO's.

I'm guessing yes. Cutler had to chuck it on every down and he did a d*mn good job at it earning himself a Pro Bowl slot. Anyone who would take Shaun Hill over Cutler nears to go to the nearest bridge and jump that or just become a Lions fan. Either way stay away from my football team.

Well if your game starts out interception, punt, interception then yeah the D is going to struggle for the entire game. You think Denver (McDaniels specifically) is intrested in trading Cutler because of how amazing he is at 25 yrs old because they are in need of draft picks (they have 10 in the draft this off season) NO! McDaniles has worked with Tom Brady and even Matt Cassel whom he was trying to aqcuire. McDaniels obviously sees flaws all across his game. If bringing in Cutler = Wins the id be all for it but consider Cutler JTO 2.0, the new and improved JTO with a cannon arm! Giving up draft picks from a team that lacks depth is stupid. You wanna see mishandling of draft picks then you can go become a Lions fan!!! Or be a niner fan for the past few seasons lol
Share 49ersWebzone