There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Honey Badger and Eric Reid ?

if available would you draft LSU's CB (mathieu) and safety (reid) with pick 31 and 1st pick in the 2nd round?
Eric Reid, yes. Matthieu - not a chance. Dude is a basketcase.
If Matthieu is cheap, and if he can accept a no guarantees contract, yeah.
Matthieu isnt bad his state of mind now is without question better ffrom the rehab and counseling. He a little small and definetely not who id pick number two i think hes predicted 3rd or fourth round but i like his determination to play for us and hes a great football player there would be space for him here. Harbaugh does well with players out of rehab ie Alex Boone.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Matthieu isnt bad his state of mind now is without question better ffrom the rehab and counseling. He a little small and definetely not who id pick number two i think hes predicted 3rd or fourth round but i like his determination to play for us and hes a great football player there would be space for him here. Harbaugh does well with players out of rehab ie Alex Boone.

Good points. I've been doing a lot of research on Tyrann because of how high people appear to be on him. He was a damn fine player at LSU. I don't care of someone decides to .. "partake" ... that's their business. But, after watching a few interviews with him since the Combine, I'm just not so sure about him being in a good state of mind. I also have had just about enough the self promotion of this kid, If he's good enough, he'll make it on his own merits - I dn't need to listen to him sell himself anymore. Even the talking heads in ESPN and NFLN are saying their sick of his self promotion at this point.

I know there's a team that will overdraft him, I just hope it isn't the 49ers. Maybe take a flyer on him in the 6th rd? I could roll with that, but I don't have much faith in the kid lasting long in the league.
I wish we had a section on the webzone just for draft related discussions.....
Originally posted by niners_guy:
I wish we had a section on the webzone just for draft related discussions.....

IBTM
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for NYCNINER.
Reid with either picks 31 or 34... Yes!! Would not take the Honey Badger b4 the 3rd rd.
Yeah Matthieu is not being drafted by the 49ers sorry guys..he is an immature dude an does not posses the character qualities were wanting on this team.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Good points. I've been doing a lot of research on Tyrann because of how high people appear to be on him. He was a damn fine player at LSU. I don't care of someone decides to .. "partake" ... that's their business. But, after watching a few interviews with him since the Combine, I'm just not so sure about him being in a good state of mind. I also have had just about enough the self promotion of this kid, If he's good enough, he'll make it on his own merits - I dn't need to listen to him sell himself anymore. Even the talking heads in ESPN and NFLN are saying their sick of his self promotion at this point.

I know there's a team that will overdraft him, I just hope it isn't the 49ers. Maybe take a flyer on him in the 6th rd? I could roll with that, but I don't have much faith in the kid lasting long in the league.

Lol nfln and espn tired of self promotion thats funny. Some times if you feel your that good and have the numbers to back it but you habe misfortunes of not fitting the size you habe to promote yourself and your pros because all the talking heads arent going to sell them theyd rather sell all of your cons because it makes for better news.
Pacman Jones 2?
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Yeah Matthieu is not being drafted by the 49ers sorry guys..he is an immature dude an does not posses the character qualities were wanting on this team.

And what character qualities are those?
I think one of those 1st 2 picks will be a gamble. I mean they took AJ Jenkins in the 1st last year, that was a shocker.
It would be a gamble but i can say now unless harbaugh has met the one expected to be a later pick which would be matthieu and really sees sometjing special in him he wont gamble that him on him.
Originally posted by CUZO49:
I think one of those 1st 2 picks will be a gamble. I mean they took AJ Jenkins in the 1st last year, that was a shocker.

The only reason it was a real shocker though is not alot of people heard much about him.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home