LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Honey Badger and Eric Reid ?

Reid in first? Possibly.
Mathieu in the first or second round? Not a chance. I wouldn't consider him till the 4th round at the earliest. He's just like Marcus Lattimore except the Honey Badger is head case, not an injury risk.
Reid would be a good pick...Mathieu would be ok later in the draft. He didn't play last season...understand he's a playmaker and KR, but would be a risk early in the draft. Early on you take a bigger CB...somebody who can match up better against the big receivers.
If Honey Badger is available in the 5th round , then "Maybe" I would take a chance on him
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Yeah Matthieu is not being drafted by the 49ers sorry guys..he is an immature dude an does not posses the character qualities were wanting on this team.

And what character qualities are those?

Mature, great work ethic, lives for football, a team player and a great person on an off the field.
I think getting to high caliber players from the same school is beneficial. Matheiu is a harbaugh type of guy he's versatile he had some issues so he can got at a cheap price and can be a steal in the draft. And don't forget that's only 2 of 14 picks with a already loaded team that needs a safety well with the 1st pick address that. With the second get a guy like Matthieu who can not only play a hybrid cb/safety but can also return and defend on kickoffs..
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Mature, great work ethic, lives for football, a team player and a great person on an off the field.

Lol and you know he posesses none of thos qualities for a fact? From what ive learned reading watching interviews he is fairly mature it takes quite to level to maturiy to man up admit your wrong and seek help. If he didnt live for football why seek help to get back into the game? I dont seem to see how hes not a team player his team mates spoke pretty hihly of him. Your acting as if none of those qualities can be built being on this. Cuz last i remember our own vernon davis hasnt always posessed those qualities while he was on this team.
They got manti Te'o going in the 1st or 2nd round he showed he will have a rough time in the NFL against a NFL ready team(Bama) but LSU played that same team. which was in the Championship just like ND...we all know that was a defensive struggle and its basically the last game matheiu played..it's reports that Niners are giving Eric Reid extra looks more looks then usual I know they have their eye on the honey badger which he made it clear he wants to be a Niner...im taking the chance
I am curious as to why people think he is a head case... is it because he smoked some reefer and got suspended... Im pretty sure about 3/4 of the posters on the zone are high right now so smoking a little wacky tobacky should not be too much of a red flag. The guy is a straight up PLAYMAKER and I would not be too upset if we drafted him in the third or later.

As for Reid, I know the guy is a big hitter and very physical but after watching some of his full game highlights, I was left unimpressed by his poor angles in run support and his average cover skills, I feel he would not be a good fit for our defense. His highlight reel is very impressive but if you actually look at the full game highlight on youtube he just seems very average IMHO. Go Niners.
Reid absolutely. I don't care for Matthieu unless it's past the fourth round.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
If Matthieu is cheap, and if he can accept a no guarantees contract, yeah.
Not sure what you mean. You make it sound like he's a free agent.

Originally posted by NinerSquire:
I am curious as to why people think he is a head case... is it because he smoked some reefer and got suspended... Im pretty sure about 3/4 of the posters on the zone are high right now so smoking a little wacky tobacky should not be too much of a red flag. The guy is a straight up PLAYMAKER and I would not be too upset if we drafted him in the third or later.

As for Reid, I know the guy is a big hitter and very physical but after watching some of his full game highlights, I was left unimpressed by his poor angles in run support and his average cover skills, I feel he would not be a good fit for our defense. His highlight reel is very impressive but if you actually look at the full game highlight on youtube he just seems very average IMHO. Go Niners.

People can think what they want. Ed Donatell seems to like the kid a bit and if he likes him enough and sees enough in him hell be a 49er next season. I trust the coaches judgement before any fans and even my own.
People that say they dont want Tyrann Mathieu im glad you guys aint coaching football cause you wouldnt know talent when you see it..People Judge someone cause of one mistake if you havent notice everyone makes mistakes in this world might as well throw everyone under the bus
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
People that say they dont want Tyrann Mathieu im glad you guys aint coaching football cause you wouldnt know talent when you see it..People Judge someone cause of one mistake if you havent notice everyone makes mistakes in this world might as well throw everyone under the bus
Pretty sure he's made more than one mistake.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Dont you make mistakes
Originally posted by SFrush:

Dont you make mistakes

Not sure what I have do with this discussion. I didn't fail multiple drug tests.
Share 49ersWebzone