LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Honey Badger and Eric Reid ?

I swear what world do we live in Someone always has to accuse someone ..Colin Kaepernick has Tattoos and people critcize him for it..Tyrann Mathieu got busted for Marijuana and people wanna throw him under the bus..Whats Next?
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
People that say they dont want Tyrann Mathieu im glad you guys aint coaching football cause you wouldnt know talent when you see it..People Judge someone cause of one mistake if you havent notice everyone makes mistakes in this world might as well throw everyone under the bus
Pretty sure he's made more than one mistake.

Dont you make mistakes

Not sure what I have do with this discussion. I didn't fail multiple drug tests.

Yeah but what does it have to do with the way this guy plays football to me hes a pretty good football player
Honey Badger in the 3rd would be nice.
I swear what world do we live in Someone always has to accuse someone ..Colin Kaepernick has Tattoos and people critcize him for it..Tyrann Mathieu got busted for Marijuana and people wanna throw him under the bus..Whats Next?

I'm confused - comparing Colin's tattoos to Tyrann's marijuana issues isn't logical. For starters, tattoos aren't illegal and unless you're breaking team rules, can't affect you playing football. Whether people use marijuana recreationally or not, it is still illegal in most places. It also will get you kicked off the LSU team when it causes you to fail multiple drug tests. No one's throwing him under the bus - he put himself there by getting kicked off the team AND getting kicked out of school. To think that teams and fans shouldn't be worried about him - just because he "manned up about it" and talked about it at the combine - is short-sided.
People that say they dont want Tyrann Mathieu im glad you guys aint coaching football cause you wouldnt know talent when you see it..People Judge someone cause of one mistake if you havent notice everyone makes mistakes in this world might as well throw everyone under the bus
Pretty sure he's made more than one mistake.

Dont you make mistakes

Not sure what I have do with this discussion. I didn't fail multiple drug tests.

Yeah but what does it have to do with the way this guy plays football to me hes a pretty good football player

It has everything to do with the way he plays football if he fails drug tests in the pros and gets suspended. Doesn't matter how fast your 40 time is if you're suspended for 4 games.
And just because he says he's learned his lesson doesn't mean teams shouldn't be concerned about his past.
And FYI, I'm hoping beyond hope we get Eric Reid. I think it's clear the team will draft a safety very early - hoping he's the one that's selected.
Originally posted by olapac:
I'm confused - comparing Colin's tattoos to Tyrann's marijuana issues isn't logical. For starters, tattoos aren't illegal and unless you're breaking team rules, can't affect you playing football. Whether people use marijuana recreationally or not, it is still illegal in most places. It also will get you kicked off the LSU team when it causes you to fail multiple drug tests. No one's throwing him under the bus - he put himself there by getting kicked off the team AND getting kicked out of school. To think that teams and fans shouldn't be worried about him - just because he "manned up about it" and talked about it at the combine - is short-sided.

It wasnt about manning up to it. Its the fact that he also sought help for it so he could continue his passion of playing football. If teams should be worried aboit players that have smoked weed why is dobbs still on the roster???
Shoot seems like 49ers like SEC players we had RJF now Dorsey, Culliver, Willis, Haralson. Would love the idea to add Eric Reid & Matheiu
I'm really hoping we get both of these LSU db's. They are both ballers. Mathieu is a freakin playmaker and Reid is solid all around. We are bringing in Mathieu for a visit, and the patriots are too. f**k the Patriots. I hope we draft him before they do.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Mar 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by CUZO49:
I think one of those 1st 2 picks will be a gamble. I mean they took AJ Jenkins in the 1st last year, that was a shocker.

And if the Jenkins pick was viewed universally as a success rather than "dubious" pick it appears, I would agree.

It is one of the reason's I think Tavon Austin is a smoke screen. Even Baalke does not have the ca-hones to risk two "perceived" bad #1 picks on WR, two consecutive years.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Mar 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well its not that he just got busted for weed, but dismissed from LSU for repeatedly breaking team rules. I can understand if he did it once, but dude just doesn't learn and that HAS to say something about his personality.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well its not that he just got busted for weed, but dismissed from LSU for repeatedly breaking team rules. I can understand if he did it once, but dude just doesn't learn and that HAS to say something about his personality.

i was in the same boat, Kolohe, but hearing his story and the steps he took to overcome the addiction showed his willingness to get his life in order. He sat down and spoke with his family about his options and he chose to not attend LSU because of the distractions and admit himself into rehab.

It's just criticism for him smoking Marijuana, considering it's illegal. Criticizing players for having tattoos on the other hand is ridiculous.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

i was in the same boat, Kolohe, but hearing his story and the steps he took to overcome the addiction showed his willingness to get his life in order. He sat down and spoke with his family about his options and he chose to not attend LSU because of the distractions and admit himself into rehab.

Well lets hope he's done with all that and that we draft him! He's a talented mofo.
I don't think we'd take Matheiu very high. All reports are that the team is dead set on getting a bigger corner. If we do take a nickel corner, I don't think it would be until later in the dratf.
Share 49ersWebzone