LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Would you trade #1 pick and Willis and Davis for rights to Luck

Would you trade #1 pick and Willis and Davis for rights to Luck

I would not makes this trade. I would simply draft Nick Foles who is real close to being as good as Luck and is having a magnificent season for a crappy team. Foles is the most overlooked player in the nation right now but he will probably end up going very high in the draft and we wont get a shot at him either. Anyway he is my number two QB in the draft.
[ Edited by domingo on Oct 21, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]
There are certain players who are lifers in my eyes and would churn my stomach to see in different colors

-Willis
-Gore
-Davis
-Harbaugh
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
No offense but how in the world did you have Calvin Johnson graded above Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning was a really good college QB, but I don't think anyone projected the career he has created for himself. If you remember, there was a massive debate on who was the best QB in his draft year: Manning or Leaf.

As for Johnson, his combination of size, speed, and playmaking ability really translated well to the NFL, and I stated before the draft that he would break nearly all of Jerry Rice's record before he retired. I thought he was that special. Now, do I think he will reach that level at this point of his career? More than likely not. But, he may be one of the top five players in the NFL, and was easily the best player in that draft (the Raiders chose Russell number one that year...yikes).
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
No.

We have Harbaugh.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think some of you dismissed the idea too abruptly.

It is a crazy amount of talent to give up...but I'd do it because I believe Luck will be a Hall of Fame QB before his NFL career is finished. I think he is the best NFL QB prospect coming out of college since John Elway, which will be 29 years ago on draft day. And, as we all know, superstar QB's win multiple Super Bowls, not great middle linebackers and tight ends.

The only other player I would have been willing to make a comparable deal was Calvin Johnson, who I said in pre-draft notes would break every major WR record before he is retired. These were my two highest graded players since the Stanford horse nixed the Colts.

Elway is a perfect example.......for not doing this trade. It took him almost 15 years to win his first Superbowl, thanks mostly to the running game and improved defense. The greatest prospect to come out of college in 29 years (according to you) took 15 years to win his first Superbowl, and he needed the best RB in the game those 2 years to get there, two pro-bowl WRs in Rod Smith and McCaffrey, and Hall of Fame TE Shannon Sharpe - not to mention a great LT to protect him.

No way in Hell i give up Vernon, Willis and 1st rd picks. No way. I dont care how great Luck will be, but we have studs in Willis and VD, and take away VD from Luck would be stupid.

Just trade our 1st in 2012 and 2013, a 2nd, 4th and another pick,if not good enough, screw it. Not worth depleting our talent on one players who may(not guaranteed) be the next elway.
Way too much to give up. However, I would deal one of them plus our 2012 first rounder for Luck.
No offense but how in the world did you have Calvin Johnson graded above Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning was a really good college QB, but I don't think anyone projected the career he has created for himself. If you remember, there was a massive debate on who was the best QB in his draft year: Manning or Leaf.

As for Johnson, his combination of size, speed, and playmaking ability really translated well to the NFL, and I stated before the draft that he would break nearly all of Jerry Rice's record before he retired. I thought he was that special. Now, do I think he will reach that level at this point of his career? More than likely not. But, he may be one of the top five players in the NFL, and was easily the best player in that draft (the Raiders chose Russell number one that year...yikes).

Best draft in years.

1. CJ
2. Joe Thomas
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Patrick Willis
5. Derell Revis

Is that 5 future hall-of-famers in the first round? wow!
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Best draft in years.

1. CJ
2. Joe Thomas
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Patrick Willis
5. Derell Revis

Is that 5 future hall-of-famers in the first round? wow!

That's 5 future hall of famers with the first fourteen picks. Also, I would trade our 2012-2014 first round draft picks and some late rounders for luck, but I would not trade Willis or Davis.
stupidest thread ever is stupid.
bump for "I told you so draft crush" thread on hits and misses from the past.

See my notes on Luck and Calvin Johnson. Two of my better moments. I cling on to these when I tank on many, many others.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM ]

bump for "I told you so draft crush" thread on hits and misses from the past.

See my notes on Luck and Calvin Johnson. Two of my better moments. I cling on to these when I tank on many, many others.

Way to go out on a limb on the two prospects everyone called future hall of famers lol
i'd trade davis if it meant no more of those fantek or whatever the f**k ads on the zone
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by domingo:
I would not makes this trade. I would simply draft Nick Foles who is real close to being as good as Luck and is having a magnificent season for a crappy team. Foles is the most overlooked player in the nation right now but he will probably end up going very high in the draft and we wont get a shot at him either. Anyway he is my number two QB in the draft.

Domingo knew what was up.
Originally posted by gage:

Good find and impressive foresight by domingo.

LOL at trying to claim credit for rating Luck and Megatron high. They were both called once in a generation type prospects all over the media prior to their drafts.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by gage:

Good find and impressive foresight by domingo.

LOL at trying to claim credit for rating Luck and Megatron high. They were both called once in a generation type prospects all over the media prior to their drafts.

Yeah, Domingo should be gloating not MD
Share 49ersWebzone