There are 197 users in the forums

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

Originally posted by TX9R:
Yeah he's about dumb enough to do that. Piss away a degree, which he'll need because he isn't going to stick in the NFL. Also he'll be blacklisted at OSU for saying what it took to play in the bowl game, then changing that. It makes you wonder though if he knows something about what's in store for OSU with the NCAA.

no he wont get blacklisted, he was staying until his coach left, things change. And how is he pissing away his degree, he can always go back and finish.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
How many games is he supposed to be suspended for in the upcoming season?

If it's only a few games, I think it's a dumb decision. If it's majority of the season, then I would agree with him.

I believe it's 5 games. IMO, that's pretty significant...consider that it will likely take at least 2 games to get his timing down (usually reserved for lightweight opponents), which means he'll only really be competing at a high level in about 7 games in his senior year.

I can see why he would be considering this move.

Aren't the first 3 games against Cupcake College, Creampuff U and College of St. Ann or something like that. That's who the Big 10 powers normally tune up on.

Yup, that's what I said. They use those games as tune-ups, essentially. Pryor won't have that luxury, going right from his suspension in to Big-10 games, and there's a good chance he'll be a little rusty for the first few. Giving him really 7 or so games where he's playing at full capacity.

IMO, that's reason enough to at least consider jumping to the next level.

Did not know you could enter the supplemental draft while on NCCA suspension,,,Whats the rules?????
Originally posted by franklinfan:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
How many games is he supposed to be suspended for in the upcoming season?

If it's only a few games, I think it's a dumb decision. If it's majority of the season, then I would agree with him.

I believe it's 5 games. IMO, that's pretty significant...consider that it will likely take at least 2 games to get his timing down (usually reserved for lightweight opponents), which means he'll only really be competing at a high level in about 7 games in his senior year.

I can see why he would be considering this move.

Aren't the first 3 games against Cupcake College, Creampuff U and College of St. Ann or something like that. That's who the Big 10 powers normally tune up on.

Yup, that's what I said. They use those games as tune-ups, essentially. Pryor won't have that luxury, going right from his suspension in to Big-10 games, and there's a good chance he'll be a little rusty for the first few. Giving him really 7 or so games where he's playing at full capacity.

IMO, that's reason enough to at least consider jumping to the next level.

Did not know you could enter the supplemental draft while on NCCA suspension,,,Whats the rules?????

I don't know of any rules that apply here. Once a player leaves the NCAA, whatever happened there has no relevance to the NFL (other than draft value, perhaps).
somewhere in Pennsylvania Joe Pa is laughing his arse off for not taking this dumbass as his qb for the pen state from his own backyard.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
somewhere in Pennsylvania Joe Pa is laughing his arse off for not taking this dumbass as his qb for the pen state from his own backyard.

didn't know he was a PA guy
id take em... as a wr.

Yeah, I'm sure he's really happy he didn't win those 2 BCS bowl games.

Say what you want about Pryor being a moron and not being an NFL quality QB (he isn't. he can't read a defense). But he was a great college QB. A stupid player off the field, but a great player on the field.
Put a 6th round flyer on him. Groom him for 2 yrs under Harbaugh and than trade him for a 2nd round pick! If we dont do it the PATS, EAGLES or Packers will.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Penn State tried very very hard to land Pryor.

Had Pryor been a Nittany Lion perhaps Penn State wins the Rose Bowl in 2008.

In 2009, Penn State lost to the Pryor led Buckeyes...had they won that game they'd have been back in the Rose Bowl instead of ending up in the Capital One Bowl.

Last year they went 7-6 and had 2 different starters...I'd bet they would have rather had Pryor than Bolden or McGloin. Heck Pryor while not an elite QB was still better than ex PSU QB Darryl Clark as well as the 2 aforementioned kids as well.

Doubtful that Joe Pa is laughing or even smiling about NOT landing Pryor.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Put a 6th round flyer on him. Groom him for 2 yrs under Harbaugh and than trade him for a 2nd round pick! If we dont do it the PATS, EAGLES or Packers will.

IMO, he'll be snapped up by a team with an established QB somewhere in the 4th-5th round. Or, a team like Washington without any real QB on their roster might take a chance in the 3rd round on him.

• evil
  • Veteran

IMO, he'll be snapped up by a team with an established QB somewhere in the 4th-5th round. Or, a team like Washington without any real QB on their roster might take a chance in the 3rd round on him.

The Colts would be wise to sacrifice a 3rd on him.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

The Colts would be wise to sacrifice a 3rd on him.

I could definitely see that happening.
I think folks are undervaluing him. somebody will give him a shot at qb. no doubt he needs time to develop
He is another Troy Smith. He'll get taken in the suppl draft, but after the 4th, anything sooner is the sign of a desperate team. He is athletic, but Ohio has talented people, plus there those he felt the team played better when he wasn't in there.

The rules for supple draft before they allowed underclassmen to enter was that they must have graduated. Now that they allow underclassmen into the draft, they can declare anytime they want prior to a certain deadline which I can't remember if it was the official start of training camps (not these mini camps mind you) so don't quote me, suspension from the NCAA or whatever be damn.
cant believe no one has brought up the raiders

he is extrmely fast has a great arm and raiders need a qb
Share 49ersWebzone