LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
somewhere in Pennsylvania Joe Pa is laughing his arse off for not taking this dumbass as his qb for the pen state from his own backyard.

Penn State tried very very hard to land Pryor.

Had Pryor been a Nittany Lion perhaps Penn State wins the Rose Bowl in 2008.

In 2009, Penn State lost to the Pryor led Buckeyes...had they won that game they'd have been back in the Rose Bowl instead of ending up in the Capital One Bowl.

Last year they went 7-6 and had 2 different starters...I'd bet they would have rather had Pryor than Bolden or McGloin. Heck Pryor while not an elite QB was still better than ex PSU QB Darryl Clark as well as the 2 aforementioned kids as well.

Doubtful that Joe Pa is laughing or even smiling about NOT landing Pryor.

Pryor is the 1st guy in history to destroy both OSU's and Michigan's programs.

RichRod couldn't land him or beat him and got the ax
Destroys OSU from the inside

Joe Pa is waiting on outside looking to swoop in.
who cares, he sucks.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by strickac:
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

how so?? are you an osu fan?

The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.

cant tell if serious
Why didn't he just enter the real draft if he didn't want to be in college anymore? He's driving around sports cars he can't afford. So obviously he's done with college and wants to be a pro.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why didn't he just enter the real draft if he didn't want to be in college anymore? He's driving around sports cars he can't afford. So obviously he's done with college and wants to be a pro.

and he wont be able to after 3 yrs and he is outta the NFL
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by tjd808185:
somewhere in Pennsylvania Joe Pa is laughing his arse off for not taking this dumbass as his qb for the pen state from his own backyard.

In 2009, Penn State lost to the Pryor led Buckeyes...had they won that game they'd have been back in the Rose Bowl instead of ending up in the Capital One Bowl.

Last year they went 7-6 and had 2 different starters...I'd bet they would have rather had Pryor than Bolden or McGloin. Heck Pryor while not an elite QB was still better than ex PSU QB Darryl Clark as well as the 2 aforementioned kids as well.

RichRod couldn't give him free cars and tattoos
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

RichRod couldn't give him free cars and tattoos

Speaking of RichRod would he not be the perfect candidate to take the reigns at Ohio State ?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He made a promise to the Sweater Vest that if he was allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl he'd return for his senior year and serve his 5 game suspension.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
who cares, he sucks.

He may not be a clear-cut, top-tier NFL QB prospect...but "sucks?" Not even close.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
who cares, he sucks.

He may not be a clear-cut, top-tier NFL QB prospect...but "sucks?" Not even close.

As a QB prospect I think it's fair to say he is teh suxorz. He is a phenominal athlete who should start learning how to catch cause the only way he sticks in the league is by turning into a TE, which he is fully capable of doing.
Originally posted by 5280High:
who cares, he sucks.

As a QB prospect I think it's fair to say he is teh suxorz. He is a phenominal athlete who should start learning how to catch cause the only way he sticks in the league is by turning into a TE, which he is fully capable of doing.

I think he is better suited as a WR... 6'6 WR with a 4.4 40... matchup nightmare I don't think he's physical enough to block.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by 5280High:
who cares, he sucks.

I think he is better suited as a WR... 6'6 WR with a 4.4 40... matchup nightmare I don't think he's physical enough to block.

Depending on the offense he may not be asked to block much, and it's hard to say he isn't physical when he was never really asked to block. IMO he isn't quick enough to be a WR cutting in and out of breaks where as TE's can get away with just running to an area and posting up the defender for the catch. Plus he is only gonna get bigger as he grows into his 6'6 frame, he's fast but not quick.

[b]The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field[/b]. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

That ends once he hits the NFL field. The level of competition just isn't good enough to stop guys like Pryor, Tebow, Newton, Young in college. Once he hits the pros it's a whole different ball game. Work ethic, mechanics, and smarts becomes more important than pure athletic ability.

My personal opinion but I see a very immature, lazy person in Pryor. Wouldn't touch him as a free agent. Not worth the time.
Originally posted by FreddyG:

cant tell if serious
this
Share 49ersWebzone