LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

• ttime
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

how so?? are you an osu fan?

[b]The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field[/b]. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.

That ends once he hits the NFL field. The level of competition just isn't good enough to stop guys like Pryor, Tebow, Newton, Young in college. Once he hits the pros it's a whole different ball game. Work ethic, mechanics, and smarts becomes more important than pure athletic ability.

My personal opinion but I see a very immature, lazy person in Pryor. Wouldn't touch him as a free agent. Not worth the time.

Lazy? Very Immature? The kid sells a jersey in exchange for a tattoo because the NCAA exploits his skill sets to pay itself large sums of money made from his jersey and play, but he can not benefit from it and HE is lazy and immature? It has been my experience that these characterizations more often than not is the code word = "Black Athlete" Unless you can provide some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature, then concluding that your comments are based more on a racist perspective than reality must follow.
Originally posted by ttime:
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

[b]The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field[/b]. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.

That ends once he hits the NFL field. The level of competition just isn't good enough to stop guys like Pryor, Tebow, Newton, Young in college. Once he hits the pros it's a whole different ball game. Work ethic, mechanics, and smarts becomes more important than pure athletic ability.

My personal opinion but I see a very immature, lazy person in Pryor. Wouldn't touch him as a free agent. Not worth the time.

Lazy? Very Immature? The kid sells a jersey in exchange for a tattoo because the NCAA exploits his skill sets to pay itself large sums of money made from his jersey and play, but he can not benefit from it and HE is lazy and immature? It has been my experience that these characterizations more often than not is the code word = "Black Athlete" Unless you can provide some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature, then concluding that your comments are based more on a racist perspective than reality must follow.

If you think my dislike towards is because he's black be my guess. White person doesn't like potential diva black athlete = Well I guess I have to conclude that it's coming from a racist perspective

I'm concluding you got some racial issues to deal with. If you want my reasonings for not liking Pryor ask them before you play the race card. At least then you're not being a hypocrite.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 10, 2011 at 22:53:09 ]
  • ttime

If you think my dislike towards is because he's black be my guess. White person doesn't like potential diva black athlete = Well I guess I have to conclude that it's coming from a racist perspective

I'm concluding you got some racial issues to deal with. If you want my reasonings for not liking Pryor ask them before you play the race card. At least then you're not being a hypocrite.

There you go with that played out "playing the race card" facade. If you had some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature; a characterization often misapplied to Black athletes, then why didn't you simply produce it? You do have one thing right though; yes I do have a problem with people using code words while expressing unsubstantiated characterizations.

There you go with that played out "playing the race card" facade. If you had some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature; a characterization often misapplied to Black athletes, then why didn't you simply produce it? You do have one thing right though; yes I do have a problem with people using code words while expressing unsubstantiated characterizations.

No, you have a problem with white people not liking any diva black person because you automatically assume it's racially motivated. Hence why you're a hypocrite.

Why didn't I produce it? Maybe because I decided to focus on your actual point.

I can easily point to his immaturity. Taking 1,000 dollar handshakes, stating that if he was in Auburn's offense he'd be better than Cam.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 11, 2011 at 10:54:23 ]
  • ttime

No, you have a problem with white people not liking any diva black person because you automatically assume it's racially motivated. Hence why you're a hypocrite.

I can easily point to his immaturity. Taking 1,000 dollar handshakes, stating that if he was in Auburn's offense he'd be better than Cam.

Look. If you were talking about Russel, I would not have any problem with your characterization as it is fully supported. But instead, you used that characterization; one that is often improperly applied to black athletes and rarely applied to whites. You know this, I know this, the whole world knows this. Now, if you can not support your characterization without reaching, as you have just done, then your actions speak for themselves.

Upon being called out, rational people; with unbiased intent, would simply state the facts to support their characterization of him being lazy and immature. Instead, you responded with that lame game of race card, which it appears at this point that you initially played.

Him saying that he could have been better than Cam, is not example of being immature or lazy. Him standing up and taking responsibility for breaking NCAA rules that exploit players is not an example of of being immature and lazy. If anything, it addresses the core exploitation that is taking place with the NCAA structure and represents one incident of many incidents by other college players in the history of the NCAA. Yet, they were not characterized as being lazy and immature.

Bottom line is that Black players have been characterized like this way too often without being challenged about it and that needs to stop.

Look. If you were talking about Russel, I would not have any problem with your characterization as it is fully supported. But instead, you used that characterization; one that is often improperly applied to black athletes and rarely applied to whites. You know this, I know this, the whole world knows this. Now, if you can not support your characterization without reaching, as you have just done, then your actions speak for themselves.

Upon being called out, rational people; with unbiased intent, would simply state the facts to support their characterization of him being lazy and immature. Instead, you responded with that lame game of race card, which it appears at this point that you initially played.

Him saying that he could have been better than Cam, is not example of being immature or lazy. Him standing up and taking responsibility for breaking NCAA rules that exploit players is not an example of of being immature and lazy. If anything, it addresses the core exploitation that is taking place with the NCAA structure and represents one incident of many incidents by other college players in the history of the NCAA. Yet, they were not characterized as being lazy and immature.

Bottom line is that Black players have been characterized like this way too often without being challenged about it and that needs to stop.

You are the one who made this a race issue. Anyone who reads this thread can see this. So I suggest you stop digging this hole.
  • ttime
Originally posted by English:

You are the one who made this a race issue. Anyone who reads this thread can see this. So I suggest you stop digging this hole.

No. You are the one who sat idle as he made an unsubstantiated characterization that is often used as code words exemplifying racism. Now you want to throw in your two cents to support this illogical practice.

At no point did Pryor take full responsibility for his actions. Here's what happened. He got caught doing something minor, his coach swept it under the rug. It got revealed and he accepted a 5 game suspension because in the end it was best for him. From there bigger things starting come and he was forced to enter the supplamental draft. That's not being responsible for your actions and you can whine and b*tch about the NCAA structure all you want, but Pryor actions there is showing some immaturity. You're right that he's hardly the only one and it is something that can be overlooked.

Stating that you could have won the Heisman if your offense was different is also being immature and not taking responsibility for your own inconsisant play. Troy Smith played in Tressel's offense and last time I checked he won the Heisman. If Pryor actually played to his potential in big regular season games he'd easily be a contender.

I live in Ohio, my sister and alot of my friends go to OSU. Needless to say I'm surrounded by OSU football talk. They all tell me he's a douche. Mike Golic has also came and said that his sources inside of OSU paint a very unflattering picture of the guy too. Funny thing is me coming out and saying Russell (5 years ago) is immature and lazy would be racist because I have nothing to base that off of. I've been surrounded by Pryor's hype for the past 4 years and that is my impression of him.

For the record I did not have this impression of Cam Newton. Like Pryor I think he has a large learning curve but I think his skill set actually translate to the pros. Pryor doesn't have a great throwing motion and is accuracy is inconsisant at best. He also struggles making progressions. I've watched pretty much every game of his and you have to remember that what works in college doesn't work in the pros. Tebow, Young, Newton, Pryor dominate college football because colleges have to stack the line to stop them on the ground and that leads to easy reads. That ends once he steps on the NFL field.
  • ttime

At no point did Pryor take full responsibility for his actions. Here's what happened. He got caught doing something minor, his coach swept it under the rug. It got revealed and he accepted a 5 game suspension because in the end it was best for him. From there bigger things starting come and he was forced to enter the supplamental draft. That's not being responsible for your actions and you can whine and b*tch about the NCAA structure all you want, but Pryor actions there is showing some immaturity. You're right that he's hardly the only one and it is something that can be overlooked.

Stating that you could have won the Heisman if your offense was different is also being immature and not taking responsibility for your own inconsisant play. Troy Smith played in Tressel's offense and last time I checked he won the Heisman. If Pryor actually played to his potential in big regular season games he'd easily be a contender.

I live in Ohio, my sister and alot of my friends go to OSU. Needless to say I'm surrounded by OSU football talk. They all tell me he's a douche. Mike Golic has also came and said that his sources inside of OSU paint a very unflattering picture of the guy too. Funny thing is me coming out and saying Russell (5 years ago) is immature and lazy would be racist because I have nothing to base that off of. I've been surrounded by Pryor's hype for the past 4 years and that is my impression of him.

For the record I did not have this impression of Cam Newton. Like Pryor I think he has a large learning curve but I think his skill set actually translate to the pros. Pryor doesn't have a great throwing motion and is accuracy is inconsisant at best. He also struggles making progressions. I've watched pretty much every game of his and you have to remember that what works in college doesn't work in the pros. Tebow, Young, Newton, Pryor dominate college football because colleges have to stack the line to stop them on the ground and that leads to easy reads. That ends once he steps on the NFL field.

Now that is good and I can appreciate that! You are expressing yourself from a point of knowledge instead of characterizations. I apologize if I offended you and please continue to enlighten us with you "inside info." That was good!

Now that is good and I can appreciate that! You are expressing yourself from a point of knowledge instead of characterizations. I apologize if I offended you and please continue to enlighten us with you "inside info." That was good!

_

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 12, 2011 at 00:15:17 ]

No. You are the one who sat idle as he made an unsubstantiated characterization that is often used as code words exemplifying racism. Now you want to throw in your two cents to support this illogical practice.

Referred to mods
Pryor is flat out dumb.

An immature, in-over-his-head, brat and a quitter to boot.

If he kept clean and played ball he'd be a first round pick easy. They just don't make QBs that big, fast, and strong armed.

After getting exposed as a NCAA rulebreaker his best option was to publicly apologize. He should have said he's made mistakes and will do his time (his suspension) and emerge a better man.

America forgives a man who makes a mistake and admits he's wrong.

Now he's just a quitter who's too good for the CFL or UFL in his mind. NFL teams won't put up with his attitude. He'll be lucky to be selling insurance five years from now. Maybe by then he'll finally 'get it'.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

No, you brought race in to the discussion. You could have made the same point in your post and stopped at "and HE is lazy and immature.". You were asking for him to support his position and then you accused him of racism. And for all you know he could be black himself.

You committed the same offense he did you made an accusation without supporting it by claiming he was using racist code words. I recall Ryan Mallet was described as immature, does that mean anyone that said that thinks Mallet is black or that they hate white people.

There was no reason to bring up race. Period.

No offense taken, you're right that I should have gave my reasoning in my initial post.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Otter:

No, you brought race in to the discussion. You could have made the same point in your post and stopped at "and HE is lazy and immature.". You were asking for him to support his position and then you accused him of racism. And for all you know he could be black himself.

You committed the same offense he did you made an accusation without supporting it by claiming he was using racist code words. I recall Ryan Mallet was described as immature, does that mean anyone that said that thinks Mallet is black or that they hate white people.

There was no reason to bring up race. Period.

Cosigned for effect.
Share 49ersWebzone