There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FCUK Robert Quinn

• cozz4
  • Veteran
quinn is a major risk anyway you wanna spin it...he sat out an entire year!!! thats a lot of time off from the game...fairley,bowers,etc atleast played last year
Originally posted by cozz4:
quinn is a major risk anyway you wanna spin it...he sat out an entire year!!! thats a lot of time off from the game...fairley,bowers,etc atleast played last year

If he shows that he's still got the skills and abilities that he showed his sophomore year, then why would that bother you? At least he stayed healthy.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cozz4:

Check out the video

He is not a character concern like you're saying. Yes, he didn't play a year - but who cares? He was a damn good player in his 1st and 2nd year - please show me how many DEs dominate in their 2nd year?
Robert Quinn interview at the Combine
The man is a freakish beast. What freshman is going to put up huge numbers as a freshman he was awesome as a sophmore. He is a beast on the edge. And for having a year off he did great at the combine. I would be happy to get him.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by boooby:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...

I stopped reading after "he lacks strength"

22 reps for a his size kinda shows hes lacking elite strength. I was honestly expecting him to rep up in the high 30s.
Quinn's teammates speak very highly of him...not just his playing ability, but that he's an unassuming guy who's a great teammate. Yes, he made some mistakes...a lot of college kids have. It's what you learn from it and how you make adjustments afterwards. From just about every analyst I've read, they're convinced Quinn's a safe pick who could develop into a player a la Charles Haley, because he can play DE and/or OLB. He's great against the run and is a mad pass rusher. I'm also very high on Dareus...but, because he had such a great combine showing and played at a national championship level at Alabama, he'll likely be off the board by the #7 pick. I believe Quinn would be an excellent player for Fangio's aggressive 3-4 defense...and I'll bet VF would agree.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...

22 reps for a his size kinda shows hes lacking elite strength. I was honestly expecting him to rep up in the high 30s.

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

But I guess because they're not in the 30s, they're all weak, right?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
There is a 50-50 shot that he will there at the 7th pick. He is my favorite OLB pass-rusher in the draft. I like Von Miller too, but Quinn is a perfect for for 3-4 defense. He can rush the passer and he can play the run. He produced from his first year, so I'm not too worried about him being a junior coming into NFL.

At 6-4 260lbs - he is expected to run 4.6 or under. He can run by the tackle, has great hands, and 2-3 moves in his arsenal to beat the OT. He is still raw, which is a scary thought. He needs to add strength (he is just a Junior), and will need to add couple more moves at the pro-level.

Anyway, the video is pretty cool. Not just on field stuff, but shows his personality and background on and off the field. Had he played last season, Panthers would have had hard time passing up on a local talent like him.

Quite a story. Made me a little teary eyed. Him and his family seem like some damn fine good people. I think the kids a winner.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
negative scouting report

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

I didnt say weak I said hes lacking the elite strength he was touted having. As the rest are concerned none have elite strength. All very good prospects but Dareus and Quinn imo were disappointing in the strength department.
negative scouting report

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

As mooch said, it's a little on the low side for a guy who had a whole year to prepaire for the workout of his life.
Quinn is a straight up animal.

I bet he goes top 2, if he ends up on the niners I'll be more than thrilled.
negative scouting report

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

I didnt say weak I said hes lacking the elite strength he was touted having. As the rest are concerned none have elite strength. All very good prospects but Dareus and Quinn imo were disappointing in the strength department.

It's not elite, but it's pretty damn good to hit over 20 reps at 225.
I can't see Quinn getting past Buffalo. If he does, AZ and CLE will have to give him serious consideration. There's too much potential there in the one of the biggest value areas in football (pass rush/pressure).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I can't see Quinn getting past Buffalo. If he does, AZ and CLE will have to give him serious consideration. There's too much potential there in the one of the biggest value areas in football (pass rush/pressure).

I think I'm more scared of Arizona selecting Quinn than Von Miller.