LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
My buddy who's a dallas fan, said a scout that messages on his board, said that They may sit him in the green room, basically tell him he might not be drafted based on his lack of experiance/playing time, and his off the field issues... Now depends on how he looks at the combine, i'm going to look at his first 10 seconds of his 40 time, cause i don't care what his over all speed is, but i do care about his first few steps to the qb, and how he does in the cone drills!!!!

what you mean dallas might not draft him?? quinn will go in the 1st especially if he comes in tremendous shape and destroys the combine

He might not be drafted at all by any team. do to not playing last season, and his off the field issues and I think they just want to prepare him for that. The guy who plays on the other side of quinn went from first round to the 2-3rd round from missing last season he's stalk slide... Now quinn tears up the combine he should be a lock for the first... Dallas won't draft him anyways, they need to get younger at MLB, Cb and they need a saftey. They also need oline...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 8, 2011 at 22:00:22 ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
My buddy who's a dallas fan, said a scout that messages on his board, said that They may sit him in the green room, basically tell him he might not be drafted based on his lack of experiance/playing time, and his off the field issues... Now depends on how he looks at the combine, i'm going to look at his first 10 seconds of his 40 time, cause i don't care what his over all speed is, but i do care about his first few steps to the qb, and how he does in the cone drills!!!!

what you mean dallas might not draft him?? quinn will go in the 1st especially if he comes in tremendous shape and destroys the combine

He might not be drafted at all by any team. do to not playing last season, and his off the field issues and I think they just want to prepare him for that. The guy who plays on the other side of quinn went from first round to the 2-3rd round from missing last season he's stalk slide... Now quinn tears up the combine he should be a lock for the first... Dallas won't draft him anyways, they need to get younger at MLB, Cb and they need a saftey. They also need oline...

Um... where did you get this garbage? Did you use the same manatee Family Guy uses to write their episodes?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He may not get drafted because he didn't play a year? C'mon man, Bradford got drafted no.1 overall after not playin' a year. Plus, Quinn played 2 years before not playin' last year.

As far as his off-field stuff is concerned - the guy is humble and down to Earth. At least that's what his team-mates have said. He will pass the off-field issue test with flyin' colors. He made a stupid mistake, there wasn't much to it.
I'm not a fan of Quinn's at all at #7. Way too many questions to be drafted that high. Peterson/Prince/Von Miller/Cameron Jordan. In that order at #7. Quinn sat out of football for a full year and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about Defensive Linemen from North Carolina anyway. Now don't get me wrong if we can get him in the 2nd? or even Marvin Austin in the 2nd-3rd? That makes much more sense but if your picking a player at #7 he pretty much should be able to step in and be a starter from day 1. Now i'm not saying he doesnt have the ability. I'm just saying after his off the field issues and sitting out for a year is too risky for the #7 pick. The ideal situation would be to let Nate walk, sign Asomugha then draft Peterson or Prince. Imagine the backfield of the Double A's and Mays... I know I'm missing one but I couldn't fit Dashon into the rhym.... with that backfield our front 7 would be instantly upgraded b/c of the coverage.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
I'm not a fan of Quinn's at all at #7. Way too many questions to be drafted that high. Peterson/Prince/Von Miller/Cameron Jordan. In that order at #7. Quinn sat out of football for a full year and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about Defensive Linemen from North Carolina anyway. Now don't get me wrong if we can get him in the 2nd? or even Marvin Austin in the 2nd-3rd? That makes much more sense but if your picking a player at #7 he pretty much should be able to step in and be a starter from day 1. Now i'm not saying he doesnt have the ability. I'm just saying after his off the field issues and sitting out for a year is too risky for the #7 pick. The ideal situation would be to let Nate walk, sign Asomugha then draft Peterson or Prince. Imagine the backfield of the Double A's and Mays... I know I'm missing one but I couldn't fit Dashon into the rhym.... with that backfield our front 7 would be instantly upgraded b/c of the coverage.

lol - he is not falling to 2nd round. He was dominating in college in the 2nd half of his 1st year and dominated throughout the soph year. I'm not concerned too much about him missing his Junior year. Had he played, he would be the front runner for no.1 pick right now.
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.

he did all that as a sophmore thats extrmely rare look at most pass rushers in sophmore year theyre stats wont be close to his

he may need 1 year of grooming but he will be an explosive pass rusher
negative scouting report

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boooby:
negative scouting report

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...

I stopped reading after "he lacks strength"
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I thing Quinn is going to be a beast and the presence we need. I have seen hi m go as early as #1 and #2. What do you all think? Who has had the opportunity to watch him a consistent basis (i know he was suspended last yr)

He was out of football for a year because he took money from an agent, so he will not go #1 or #2. This guy is a top 10 pick based on his talent and he nailed the media interview portion compared to Newton and Eminem (i.e. Ryan Mallett).

Quinn aces media interview

For the Niners, he would be one of my top 3 prospects with Von Miller and Patrick Peterson.
Mike Mayock is in love with this guy.
I like him a lot too. Freakish athlete.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
He was out of football for a year because he took money from an agent, so he will not go #1 or #2. This guy is a top 10 pick based on his talent and he nailed the media interview portion compared to Newton and Eminem (i.e. Ryan Mallett).

For the Niners, he would be one of my top 3 prospects with Von Miller and Patrick Peterson.

Why would this effect where he goes? It doesnt matter anymore.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Meaningless
Mayock loves Quinn as a DE. We'll need to see how he does in space as an OLB. tomorrow can't come fast enough.
Share 49ersWebzone