LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Im on board ! Riding Shotgun!

What I love about Quinn is, he puts all 260lbs (and more) in his tackles and hits. He is relentless, he is great against the run, and what's most impressive is - his awareness. He is just a junior, and he is great at anticipating what's going to happen. Very high football IQ.

Nice video
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by boooby:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...

I stopped reading after "he lacks strength"

22 reps for a his size kinda shows hes lacking elite strength. I was honestly expecting him to rep up in the high 30s.

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

But I guess because they're not in the 30s, they're all weak, right?

I didnt say weak I said hes lacking the elite strength he was touted having. As the rest are concerned none have elite strength. All very good prospects but Dareus and Quinn imo were disappointing in the strength department.

It's not elite, but it's pretty damn good to hit over 20 reps at 225.

Its no deal breaker but it should be a little concerning that a 270 lb athlete with his strength reputation only put up 225 22 times. His run times a I could care less about. He has that 1st step thats only beat by Miller imo. I was thinking he would put up a show like Demarcus Ware. Now thats elite strength!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Because he can flip the hips...........
negative scouting report

Personally I am not sure what to think of him although it is interesting the lack of production against better competition.

Did you notice your source is a 14 year old kid? He makes a good point about the stats against good teams vs those against lesser teams but other then that...

22 reps for a his size kinda shows hes lacking elite strength. I was honestly expecting him to rep up in the high 30s.

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

I didnt say weak I said hes lacking the elite strength he was touted having. As the rest are concerned none have elite strength. All very good prospects but Dareus and Quinn imo were disappointing in the strength department.

Its no deal breaker but it should be a little concerning that a 270 lb athlete with his strength reputation only put up 225 22 times. His run times a I could care less about. He has that 1st step thats only beat by Miller imo. I was thinking he would put up a show like Demarcus Ware. Now thats elite strength!

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't hear much about him being a strength freak. His teammates and analysts brag about his physique, but what I've heard a lot about him since two seasons ago was his relentless nature in the trenches and his quick first step.
negative scouting report

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

Bench press reps are overrated. Issac Sopoaga put up like 42 reps and can't really hold down the nose tackle position. IMHO sqauts, deadlifts, cleans, and snatches are better indicators of strength.
negative scouting report

Bowers - 22
Dareus - 24
Jordan - 25
Smith - 20
Quinn - 22

Demarcus Ware put up 225 27 times. 5 extra reps really isn't a big deal. Plus you have to take into account arm length. Quinn relies on great leverage, technique and burst. You can always get stronger.
I've got a question, did Quinn ever go up against any elite talent?

I am a little skeptical of a guy from UNC.

-9fA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:
There is a 50-50 shot that he will there at the 7th pick. He is my favorite OLB pass-rusher in the draft. I like Von Miller too, but Quinn is a perfect for for 3-4 defense. He can rush the passer and he can play the run. He produced from his first year, so I'm not too worried about him being a junior coming into NFL.

At 6-4 260lbs - he is expected to run 4.6 or under. He can run by the tackle, has great hands, and 2-3 moves in his arsenal to beat the OT. He is still raw, which is a scary thought. He needs to add strength (he is just a Junior), and will need to add couple more moves at the pro-level.

Anyway, the video is pretty cool. Not just on field stuff, but shows his personality and background on and off the field. Had he played last season, Panthers would have had hard time passing up on a local talent like him.

Quite a story. Made me a little teary eyed. Him and his family seem like some damn fine good people. I think the kids a winner.

Yeup, the kid has a lot of heart. Easily one of the favorite players in the draft, and I'll be rootin' for him to do well regardless of which team he goes to. Hopefully, he doesn't go to Arizona - that will suck.
There is a 50-50 shot that he will there at the 7th pick. He is my favorite OLB pass-rusher in the draft. I like Von Miller too, but Quinn is a perfect for for 3-4 defense. He can rush the passer and he can play the run. He produced from his first year, so I'm not too worried about him being a junior coming into NFL.

At 6-4 260lbs - he is expected to run 4.6 or under. He can run by the tackle, has great hands, and 2-3 moves in his arsenal to beat the OT. He is still raw, which is a scary thought. He needs to add strength (he is just a Junior), and will need to add couple more moves at the pro-level.

Anyway, the video is pretty cool. Not just on field stuff, but shows his personality and background on and off the field. Had he played last season, Panthers would have had hard time passing up on a local talent like him.

Quite a story. Made me a little teary eyed. Him and his family seem like some damn fine good people. I think the kids a winner.

Yeup, the kid has a lot of heart. Easily one of the favorite players in the draft, and I'll be rootin' for him to do well regardless of which team he goes to. Hopefully, he doesn't go to Arizona - that will suck.

I would rather have Quinn over Von Miller! LET'S GET HIM!
Originally posted by PTulini:

I would rather have Quinn over Von Miller! LET'S GET HIM!

I would rather have Quinn over everyone besides Patrick Peterson in the whole draft. Lets bring on April Pat.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Ask anthony

Quinn is rated in the top five or ten of just about every mock I've seen. The people who make these mocks know his history and yet he is still up there...for a reason. While he didn't blow everyone away on the bench press, his overall strength comes through in his play. The fact that he won three straight wrestling championships in HS indicates the kind of quickness, endurance and strength that really helps in pass rushing.

Is he a risk? Every drafted player is a risk. Years ago, there was a player who took his signing bonus, bought drugs and moved to Tahiti. So it goes...
He is to big and stiff in the hips to be a 3 down OLB in the NFL. He is better suited as a 4-3 DE. Hed be a lmistake IMHO.
I'm with ya...bookend him with Brooks...we just might have a real pass rush. Fangio's just the DC to make that work...being a Capers disciple and all. I believe Quinn has a chance to be the next Charles Haley...equally adept at stopping the run and really getting after the QB. He'll also be extra fresh...not having played in 2010. Could be a bit rusty, too, but elite players like him typically get back up to speed quickly, especially with good coaching.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Yea...cuz level of competition is what defines great players.

Did Jerry Rice face a ton of great teams at Mississipi Valley?

Or how is Mario Williams doing?

And yes, he faced Castonzo several times.
Share 49ersWebzone