There are 166 users in the forums

FCUK Robert Quinn

• 4ML
  • Veteran
...and his bandwagon
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM ]
Im on board ! Riding Shotgun!

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:17:50 ]
At this point in the process, it's either CB or OLB at 7. Quinn is one of 4 I'd like. The others are Miller, Peterson and Prince. I love these kinds of problems
Quinn or Prince/Peterson at 7 is my hope.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 29, 2011 at 07:52:37 ]
he probally would be there with the 7th pick i wouldt mind getting him but i would much rather perfer both peterson and prince wouldn be mad if we took him over prince

still he has the potential to be a great OLB has size speed heart and ambition
Robert Quinn is who I'm liking at pick #7.

I'd love to get Patrick Peterson but he'll be gone. Prince would also make sense here as well as Von Miller.

I like Quinn better then Miller. He's bigger but still almost as fast. Quinn is a better tackler, he shows patience when appropriate to read the play and stop the run but can also go balls out after the quarterback with his speed and hands and he can add strength as well.

I think if he played last year and was able to continue the progression he made from his freshman year he might have been the clear #1 overall pick in the Luckless draft.
Ghost posted this on another thread but I could not believe it so I had to look it up for myself. This is all I could find:

Quote:
In April, 2010, Quinn broke UNC’s lineman record in the 40-yard dash, clocking in at a blazing 4.38 seconds, .15 seconds faster than the previous holder, Julius Peppers. Additionally, he holds the lineman record for the power clean lift at 374 pounds. He recently tipped the scales at 266 pounds.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/425166-robert-quinn-the-monster-off-the-edge

= beast
He's the guy I'd love to have at #7. He's just as good as Miller at rushing the passer and is a monster of a man.

I expect him to show up huge at the combine.
He's also the guy I'm most afraid Arizona will draft because we beat them in that final game :(
i was skeptical of him last week but im warming up to taking him at 7 as well. For me its between him and Miller

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i was skeptical of him last week but im warming up to taking him at 7 as well. For me its between him and Miller

More I think about it, I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe Prince or peterson at CB but I believe especially with Baalke saying the biggest thing for OLB is pass rush ability (and ours don't have any), he see's this as the biggest defensive need.
Didn't realize he was a wrestler. Makes me like him even more. Explains why he's able to use his hands so well. Wrestlers are perfect for the trenches with their ability to use leverage and hands.

I'd say Arizona is the biggest risk with him dropping to us. Combine could push him up all the way to Buffalo.

We'll see but I'd have no issues taking him at #7 and outside of Patrick Peterson he's the guy I want there.
Originally posted by rayn36:
Ghost posted this on another thread but I could not believe it so I had to look it up for myself. This is all I could find:

Quote:
In April, 2010, Quinn broke UNC’s lineman record in the 40-yard dash, clocking in at a blazing 4.38 seconds, .15 seconds faster than the previous holder, Julius Peppers. Additionally, he holds the lineman record for the power clean lift at 374 pounds. He recently tipped the scales at 266 pounds.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/425166-robert-quinn-the-monster-off-the-edge

= beast

I'd have to see it to believe it. If he can post a sub-4.5, I'd be blown away. A 4.38 for someone with his size and power is ridiculous.

I'm definitely intrigued by Quinn. He's agile enough to make a smooth transition to OLB. We really need to step up our pass rush this offseason.
There's no way he ran a 4.38.

If he runs a 4.6 he'll be sky rocketing up the draft boards. If he runs a 4.5 he's a top 5 pick easy.

That's a "home town" number if I've ever seen one.
I'm on and have been on. My hope is that his time away from football will make a team like Arizona stay away.
Share 49ersWebzone