LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

might as well since the world is going to end in 2012 so that way we don't have to worry about the 2012 pick panning out lol

p.s. if the world ends i'm going to be pissed
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There would be no hesitation. I dont care where we end up in the draft. I would swap picks to get Luck and give up a #1 in 2012. Look at how Bradford and Stafford have energized their teams. The Niners need this kid.

Yes, but for every success there is a failure, even in the first round. It's bad enough when your first round pick busts, but when you have already additionally thrown away the following year's first round pick, it is dire.

No.

You mean you dont think the Niners have offensive weapons that are as good?

Vernon,Gore, and Crabtree vs Petigrew, Best, and CJ? I think we have plenty of weapons and like Detroit needed when they took Stafford, we need a franchise QB. Obviously a QB needs weapons around them.
bradford performs well despite the lack of talent in the offense...stafford didn't perform well last year...that's what i'm talking about.
i only mentioned the first-round picks...they have kevin smith and schefter additionally.

if only our playcalling would use our weapons more often...vernon, gore, dixon, westbrook, crabtree and sometimes ted ginn (at least for pulling a DB away). instead of that it's gore gore gore gore gore gore crabtree gore gore gore gore gore davis gore gore gore gore and so on.
Originally posted by communist:

Vernon,Gore, and Crabtree vs Petigrew, Best, and CJ? I think we have plenty of weapons and like Detroit needed when they took Stafford, we need a franchise QB. Obviously a QB needs weapons around them.
bradford performs well despite the lack of talent in the offense...stafford didn't perform well last year...that's what i'm talking about.
i only mentioned the first-round picks...they have kevin smith and schefter additionally.

if only our playcalling would use our weapons more often...vernon, gore, dixon, westbrook, crabtree and sometimes ted ginn (at least for pulling a DB away). instead of that it's gore gore gore gore gore gore crabtree gore gore gore gore gore davis gore gore gore gore and so on.

THIS BIG TIME
Unless the Yorks want empty seats next year...they better DRAFT or SIGN a franchise QB.

Of course the play calling needs to be better. However, the NFL is a QB league and you simply arent going to win unless you have a very good one. The Niners don't and wont win until they do. Alex Smith sucks. It's time to go get a real impact player and do what it takes to get Andrew Luck.
Originally posted by jcs:
There is a good chance we draft #1 so no trades.

During the Stanford/Arizona game, they talked about how Luck said that he never made a decision to stay in school or declare for the pros. So it's still up in the air and that he would talk with Harbaugh about what his decision should be.

*Harbaugh tells Luck he's gonna take the Niners HC position and that he would do all he could to draft Luck*

Of course the play calling needs to be better. However, the NFL is a QB league and you simply arent going to win unless you have a very good one. The Niners don't and wont win until they do. Alex Smith sucks. It's time to go get a real impact player and do what it takes to get Andrew Luck.
only stupid organisations like the raiders the last few years trade their future 1st-rounders away...or like the bears (nothing against cutler but this was way too much...).

only stupid organisations like the raiders the last few years trade their future 1st-rounders away...or like the bears (nothing against cutler but this was way too much...).

i think the niners qualify as a "Stupid Organization" even though they haven't made that move.

The NY Giants traded away their 2004 first round pick (Phillip Rivers) and their 2005 first round pick (Shawne Merriman) for Eli Manning.
Originally posted by jreff22:
who said Luck is declaring this year?

Hopefully he does and we trade for him the bills need a qb, but they also need help every were else and would benefit better from doing a trade and acquiring more players with more picks.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by jreff22:
who said Luck is declaring this year?

Hopefully he does and we trade for him the bills need a qb, but they also need help every were else and would benefit better from doing a trade and acquiring more players with more picks.

Honestly, I don't see Buffalo passing on Luck. He's a legitimate franchise QB. The only way Luck doesn't end up playing for Buffalo is if he pulls an ELI MANNING and makes it clear that he doesn't want to play for the Bills.

The Giants gave up a TON of picks including 2 first rounders to get Eli.
How do you think that has worked out for them?

We have enough pieces of the pie. A young OL gaining experience by the minute. A future studdly WR, a Beast at RB and TE. All we need is a QB that isnt afraid with all the intangibles....Luck. I would trade our future 1st to a QB coached up by NFL coaches....and a local guy that would make sense for the organization to reach for.

Thankfully this draft is loaded with QBs this year. So if we possibly make a move with Buffalo, they can still get a good QB, Locker, or Mallet.
I would only if Harbaugh is attached. I think the BCS screwing him and his brother doing well in the NFL he comes.

I think Luck only comes out if the CBA is in place for no lock out or he stays and does 1 more year of college.

But to answer the question, yes, but only for Luck. My dream would be draft patterson out of LSU this year luck stays in. We end up wit hthe 1st pick overall next year and draft Luck.
Share 49ersWebzone