LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

How is he overrated?! Cus his last name is Manning?! Come on. You never give credit when it's due. When your mind is made up, you stick with it even when your argument is ridiculous. Manning is a very good QB and it shows even with less talent.

He won the Super Bowl with Plaxico Burriss as his main target. Amani Toomer was his second option. Shockey was injured most of that yr and he succeed with Kevin Boss as his tight end. Brandon Jacobs was the main back. Now compare that to Rivers that same yr with LT, Turner, Sproles, Jackson, Chambers, Gates.

But you're right. Never going over the hump shouldn't all fall to Rivers' lap.
like i have already said: look at the chargers now...no real help by the RBs and no talent at all, except of gates...rivers still do it.
i wanna see eli manning in the same situation...and with burress and a working running game it's not the same situation at all.

Read what I said in that post you just replied to. I just compared the players on each roster from 2007. The talent level for the 2007 Chargers were much better than the Giants of 2007.

This year, yes, the Chargers have regressed a ton. Not having a good running game and Vincent Jackson sitting out was a huge blow to their team.

But look at the Giants right now. No legitimate running game either with Bradshaw disappearing every now and them. Hakeem Nicks is the main target. Kevin Boss hasn't done anything.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree with this 100%. Trade up for Luck and sign Harbaugh as our coach and we will become a force within 2 years in my opinion. Luck has everything you need to be successful in the NFL... smart, good arm, excellent feet. Dradt him and coach him well and giving up a first round pick will be WELL WORTH IT.
if we will success, we have to wait until the late 2nd round of the draft...and we have too many future holes in the team to pass up on so much talent. look at FS, both CBs, ilb, at least one olb and perhaps a nt.
and if we still suck, it means that we can't get a top-draft prospect...

no, thx...let's get a good qb-coach and draft a QB with our REGULAR first- or 2nd-round pick.

their are great to good DBs to be had after the 1st round. DBs are like QBs hit or miss. And I would rather have Reggie Smith and a seasoned Taylor Mays in our Defensive Backfield than any rookie coming in.
yes. but this organization doesn't have the balls to make such a move.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

soooo true.

not so sure about that..how many times have we moved back into the first...I think Baalke would do it if we were sold on Luck

Read what I said in that post you just replied to. I just compared the players on each roster from 2007. The talent level for the 2007 Chargers were much better than the Giants of 2007.

This year, yes, the Chargers have regressed a ton. Not having a good running game and Vincent Jackson sitting out was a huge blow to their team.

But look at the Giants right now. No legitimate running game either with Bradshaw disappearing every now and them. Hakeem Nicks is the main target. Kevin Boss hasn't done anything.
no legitimate running game??? their RBs have already run 1000 yards combined.
yes, nicks is the main target but smith is not far behind.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

their are great to good DBs to be had after the 1st round. DBs are like QBs hit or miss. And I would rather have Reggie Smith and a seasoned Taylor Mays in our Defensive Backfield than any rookie coming in.
and i wanna keep the chances on that hit-or-miss as long as we can't improve late-round picks.
and like i've said, we have to draft for more than just a CB or a FS.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 8, 2010 at 2:46 PM ]

no legitimate running game??? their RBs have already run 1000 yards combined.
yes, nicks is the main target but smith is not far behind.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

and i wanna keep the chances on that hit-or-miss as long as we can't improve late-round picks.
and like i've said, we have to draft for more than just a CB or a FS.

Bradshaw has only had 3 games where he went over 100 yards, and they were against some questionable defenses (except for Chicago). After that, he's pretty much disappeared.

And if you look at San Diego's running back committee of Sproles, Tolbert, and Mathews, they're pretty much at the 1000 yard mark as well, right?
Yes,, but only if we dont get a FA QB or trade for one (Gradkowski, Kolb, etc.). If we can get a current NFL starter type QB, then I say NO, just get a good guy in the 2nd.

And if you look at San Diego's running back committee of Sproles, Tolbert, and Mathews, they're pretty much at the 1000 yard mark as well, right?
you are talking about some fumble-happy players...

I'm not talking about fumbles. I'm talking about their production through yards which is what you brought up.

Keep coming up with excuses and I'll keep battling them.

I'm not talking about fumbles. I'm talking about their production through yards which is what you brought up.

Keep coming up with excuses and I'll keep battling them.
ok, u wanna more things about yardage...here we go. u can count out sproles with his laughable 134 yards...50% of that number came from 2 plays, so he is a non-factor for the running game.
we can do it the whole day long, but it's already midnight in germany, so i have to go to bed
I'd suck 37 dicks for Luck.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'd suck 37 dicks for Luck.

what about 38?
Originally posted by jcs:
There is a good chance we draft #1 so no trades.

no way we will be drafting 10-17
Yes, true franchise quarterback, better than any #1 QB taken in the last few years.

Unless Troy looks absolutely amazing out there the rest of the season, but otherwise do whatever it takes to get this guy
Share 49ersWebzone