LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if we're at the 3rd/4th overall pick by January, I'd do whatever it takes to swap with (possibly) Buffalo to move up to #1. Bills want Luck, but if they could get something sweet, I'm FOR SURE they'd settle for Jake Locker at #3/#4.

-But this is IF Luck declares...

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by jcs:
There is a good chance we draft #1 so no trades.

No chance, the way Buffalo is playing they're set to go 1-15/0-16, while we're en-route to some bulls**t moral victory wins against the Broncos, Bucs, Cards, and Rams.

This team is gonna f**k itself out of a high draft pick again (when there's really no reason to win anymore), it always happens.

Buffalo is playing better than us, their QB has a 102.2 QB rating and they got Balitmore in to OT and the game was in Baltimore.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if we're at the 3rd/4th overall pick by January, I'd do whatever it takes to swap with (possibly) Buffalo to move up to #1. Bills want Luck, but if they could get something sweet, I'm FOR SURE they'd settle for Jake Locker at #3/#4.

-But this is IF Luck declares...

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by jcs:
There is a good chance we draft #1 so no trades.

No chance, the way Buffalo is playing they're set to go 1-15/0-16, while we're en-route to some bulls**t moral victory wins against the Broncos, Bucs, Cards, and Rams.

This team is gonna f**k itself out of a high draft pick again (when there's really no reason to win anymore), it always happens.

Buffalo wants a QB but that doesn't mean they want Luck or Locker. Until they can sit down an interview both kids and put them through some private workouts Buffalo has no preference. They are a professional football organization who will evaluate both players in every way possible and make the best decision for their football team. Buffalo may opt to draft another premium position and take a QB in the 2nd or perhaps trade down from #1 and trade up from #2 and get 2 first round prospects, people forget that the Bills also need a long term solution at LT. Miami passed on the QB a couple years back for Jake Long, came away with Chad Henne in the 2nd and that has looked like a good move by the organization to date.

And sounds to me like you wanna tank...the last time this team "f**ked itself" out of a high draft pick was Reggie Bush and how's his career working out ? Many wanted us to tank for the supposed "Jesus in cleats" and we ended up with VD. Seemed to work in our favor by NOT tanking and playing to win. You think the players on this team truly want to lose? You think they enjoy losing, and being looked at as the worst team in football? You think that's something to be proud of?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
They are a professional football organization ...
truly, i respect u, but buffalo is worse than the 49ers so it can't be a professional organization at all. do u remember which position they drafted for with their 1st pick?

even the niners drafted for their biggest needs at first...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
They are a professional football organization ...
truly, i respect u, but buffalo is worse than the 49ers so it can't be a professional organization at all. do u remember which position they drafted for with their 1st pick?

even the niners drafted for their biggest needs at first...

Yup they took CJ Spiller this year, which was not their biggest need by far and large. Fred Jackson took the job and ran with it and they still had Lynch (whom they wanted to move), however running backs are a dime a dozen and they could have looked to the middle rounds to address finding a compliment or partner to pair with Jackson. They have McGee, McKelvin and Parrish who are all very good return men, so it's not like that part of Spiller's skill set was a major need either. They could've went with a LT or a pass rusher considering the switch to the 3-4 defense (the Bills pass rush has been anemic thus far), or looked to try and trade down and accumulate more picks.

They waited until the 7th round to even take a QB and did not address the OL which was a glaring weakness going into the draft until the 5th round.

And my statement you quoted was meant in regards to the fact that they have not already decided on who they will pick if they do in fact end up picking 1st overall.

Yup they took CJ Spiller this year, which was not their biggest need by far and large. Fred Jackson took the job and ran with it and they still had Lynch (whom they wanted to move), however running backs are a dime a dozen and they could have looked to the middle rounds to address finding a compliment or partner to pair with Jackson. They have McGee, McKelvin and Parrish who are all very good return men, so it's not like that part of Spiller's skill set was a major need either. They could've went with a LT or a pass rusher considering the switch to the 3-4 defense (the Bills pass rush has been anemic thus far), or looked to try and trade down and accumulate more picks.

They waited until the 7th round to even take a QB and did not address the OL which was a glaring weakness going into the draft until the 5th round.

And my statement you quoted was meant in regards to the fact that they have not already decided on who they will pick if they do in fact end up picking 1st overall.
that's a wonderful bills' draft summary...and here u can read out why i am thinking that the bills aren't a professional franchise at all.
  • evil
  • Veteran

that's a wonderful bills' draft summary...and here u can read out why i am thinking that the bills aren't a professional franchise at all.

Again, in context the statement refers to the fact that the poster claimed the Bills want Luck when in fact they are focused on winning football games every Sunday right now while the scouts scout the college ranks. Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix don't have a draft board with Andrew Lucks named atop it in dried ink.
I don't think the Bills will go QB in the 1st. Fitzpatrick had looked poetry darn good when he's had protection the last few games. I think they will entertain a trade in hopes of moving down a few spots but will take the best LT with their pick regardless of where they select.
would luck want to play in buffalo--i wouldn't if i were him--id stay at stanford rather than come out andget picked by bills...nfl labor unrest may also help convince luck to stay at school
Originally posted by WINiner:
I don't think the Bills will go QB in the 1st. Fitzpatrick had looked poetry darn good when he's had protection the last few games. I think they will entertain a trade in hopes of moving down a few spots but will take the best LT with their pick regardless of where they select.
only b/c fitzpatrick looked solid the last few games, it doesn't mean that the bills can afford passing up on luck.
the only alternative is to wait with a qb pick until the 2nd round but they would have to trade out of the 1st ovr spot...
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
yes. yes, i would.

look at it! it's beautiful. but i have a feeling he won't declare.

Nice

I really think with a name like Luck, his number should b 3 or 7.

There would be no hesitation. I dont care where we end up in the draft. I would swap picks to get Luck and give up a #1 in 2012. Look at how Bradford and Stafford have energized their teams. The Niners need this kid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There would be no hesitation. I dont care where we end up in the draft. I would swap picks to get Luck and give up a #1 in 2012. Look at how Bradford and Stafford have energized their teams. The Niners need this kid.
then u have to forget the lions b/c without the multiple weapons on their offense, which had been drafted in the first round (megatron, pettingrew, best) stafford would't create anything.
But what happens when Troy Smith leads us to the playoffs?
Originally posted by jreff22:
who said Luck is declaring this year?

It's hypothetical, and in this scenario, he is.

Yes, I'd do it without hesitation.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
then u have to forget the lions b/c without the multiple weapons on their offense, which had been drafted in the first round (megatron, pettingrew, best) stafford would't create anything.

You mean you dont think the Niners have offensive weapons that are as good?

Vernon,Gore, and Crabtree vs Petigrew, Best, and CJ? I think we have plenty of weapons and like Detroit needed when they took Stafford, we need a franchise QB. Obviously a QB needs weapons around them.
Share 49ersWebzone