LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Marv Lewis was .500 entering this season, better than Sam Wyche did there in the 1980s. Only Forrest Gregg surpassed that.

They are going to allow Marv Lewis to keep the team and right the ship.

He is 58-63 with Cincy and has never made it out of the Wild Card. Only 2 playoff appearances in 8 years and no deal in place for next year whilst his team has but 2 wins this year thus far. Another losing season stands before them....hard to imagine he comes back.

Still 2nd best in franchise history.

Still terrible. That's nothing to be proud of really. Can't be proud that the 2nd best record for a coach in their history is a losing record.
I'm not so sure Buffalo goes with a Quarterback either -- Fitzpatrick is putting up the same numbers as Eli Manning and Matt Schaub with much less talent.

Not so fast...just because he is playing well doesn't mean they see him as the long term solution.

Quote:
Buffalo is going to be near the top of the draft, and Bills general manager Buddy Nix already is doing his due diligence. Nix flew to Northern California last week and spent a day at Stanford looking at quarterback Andrew Luck, who is likely to be the No. 1 pick if he turns pro after this season. Buffalo has been looking for a quarterback like Luck since Jim Kelly retired. The fact that Nix already is spending his time scouting quarterbacks up close and personal is an indication that, as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick has been this season, Buffalo knows it must upgrade at the most important position in sports. But just the Bills' luck: Their improved play might cost them their best chance at Luck.

When is your quote from?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&page=10spot/10week12

THX
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
say we have the 8th pick...it would take a lot.

Most likely our 1st and 2nd and maybe a 2nd and 4th in 2012.

I'd be down tho.

I don't think giving up that much would be wise.
I think we will be picking 8-12, we typically finish strong after the season appears lost.
IMO, Carolina will have that 1st pick and they won't hesitate to draft luck. If Clausen was a high-to-mid 1st rounder, I could see them waiting until that investment paid off a little...since JC was a 2nd rounder, and they'll likely be heading into 2011 with a new coaching staff in place, Luck will be their guy.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Carolina will have that 1st pick and they won't hesitate to draft luck. If Clausen was a high-to-mid 1st rounder, I could see them waiting until that investment paid off a little...since JC was a 2nd rounder, and they'll likely be heading into 2011 with a new coaching staff in place, Luck will be their guy.

They could even draft Luck and pick up another draft pick for Clausen via-trade. Carolina doesn't have a 2nd round pick...

I watched Clausen play at the Farm last year. He is decent, but Luck is a definite cornerstone and upgrade. IMO no-brainer.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

They could even draft Luck and pick up another draft pick for Clausen via-trade. Carolina doesn't have a 2nd round pick...

I watched Clausen play at the Farm last year. He is decent, but Luck is a definite cornerstone and upgrade. IMO no-brainer.

Yup...they won't hesitate to draft Luck and trade Clausen away, though I seriously doubt anyone will trade a 2nd rounder for him. He's still unproven, so it might be closer to a 3rd/4th (which they'll gladly take).

Agree 100%.
If Harbaugh takes the gig with the niners, would that increase the likelihood of trading up for Luck or not necessarily?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
If Harbaugh takes the gig with the niners, would that increase the likelihood of trading up for Luck or not necessarily?

I'm sure he would love to have Luck as his QB for whatever NFL team he ends up coaching, but he seems smart enough not to give up to much to be able to draft him.

Yes, I'm sure if he agrees to come here his first request will be getting his guy.

Yes I think so.
Do it. Do whatever it takes. We've been through way too much bulls**t at QB the last seven years. Anything you do in the NFL is a gamble, so gamble away. Harbaugh-Luck is our best shot at starting a return to glory this offseason. Go to the extreme to make it happen.
I would give up the whole draft for just luck, let's make it happen people plz plz plz we can adress needs with Fa also

Unless Luck doesn't like the location, the division, the coaching staff, the ownership ... The guy seems pretty stand-up, but few players hold power ever in their careers and top of the draft QBs hold some sway. If Luck doesn't want to play for Carolina I could see Carolina taking the best deal possible and trading him after drafting him. That team has a lot of holes and trading away the rights to Luck for, say, Cam Newton and 4 extra picks (including next year's No. 1 from a team likely to start a rookie QB) would be hard to turn down.
Share 49ersWebzone