Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Originally posted by volfan2008:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Berry only has one interception this year. He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

One guy I've got my eye on is Morgan Bennett out of Georgia Tech. He's got 3 interceptions on the year and 7 last year. Anyone who's watched him have any opinion on him? I'm very intrigued by him and I think he's a better suit for our free safety position.

You can't be this stupid can you? He's been playing all over the field this year lining up at S, CB, LB and is dominating. Yes he hasn't had the INT's but people are staying away from him. Monte Kiffin one of the best if not best DC's ever said he's the best player he's ever coached.

He's a very good player no doubt.

But as a pure ballhawk I'm not sure he's the best out there. We have plenty of hard-hitting run stuffers, we need a ballhawk.

If he declares he could maybe be had at our second first rounder and we could get someone like Dez Bryant instead.

No need to blow your load at me though....I'm sorry that I don't have time to watch every Tennessee game out there.

So basically you're saying you don't have time to watch every game and someone called you out for your BS opinion on something you have no clue about and are conceding that in fact you are wrong? Cool, I agree. He is the definition of a ball hawk how can you overlook him leading the NCAA in INT's last year and return yards and then complain about his numbers of INT's this year? THe logic or lack there of is giving me a headache. Berry is playing a load of different postions and teams aren't trowing at him, he picked off Tebow which is basically impossible to do has 5 tackles for loss, leads the team in tackles what more do you want? Not a ballwhawk, crazy.

You need to calm the f*ck down. I have better stuff to do than watch all the football games of some mediocre SEC school.

As I can see from your user name you do watch all the games, which is good. Maybe instead of telling me how stupid I am you could nicely tell me a different opinion since you watch him on a weekly basis.

I never said he sucked. I was just bringing up a guy I liked who had just as many interceptions and almost as many tackles for losses as Berry last year who was doing better stats wise than Berry in terms of interceptions. All I said was that Berry was the all around better player but Burnett may be the better ball hawk. Thank you for correcting me.

Honestly I don't know why I'm even bothering replying to someone who's bent on trying to make people look like idiots.

So you watch all of GT games then? Morgan is good but he isn't close to Berry, where did you say Berry was better all around? You may have said it in an earlier post but I don't care to go and look. Yeah I'm a Vol fan but I know who Morgan, Mays, Earl Thomas and so on are and Berry is the better player, ballhawk, has better instincts, is more versatile and so on. You just don't like being questioned its alright I get it. I don't care about this board I've been a lurker for years and don't give a crap if I'm here or not I just couldn't sit by a let your BS post go unnoticed.

Seriously, go crawl back under the rock!

Berry only has one interception this year. He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

One guy I've got my eye on is Morgan Bennett out of Georgia Tech. He's got 3 interceptions on the year and 7 last year. Anyone who's watched him have any opinion on him? I'm very intrigued by him and I think he's a better suit for our free safety position.

You can't be this stupid can you? He's been playing all over the field this year lining up at S, CB, LB and is dominating. Yes he hasn't had the INT's but people are staying away from him. Monte Kiffin one of the best if not best DC's ever said he's the best player he's ever coached.

But as a pure ballhawk I'm not sure he's the best out there. We have plenty of hard-hitting run stuffers, we need a ballhawk.

If he declares he could maybe be had at our second first rounder and we could get someone like Dez Bryant instead.

No need to blow your load at me though....I'm sorry that I don't have time to watch every Tennessee game out there.

So basically you're saying you don't have time to watch every game and someone called you out for your BS opinion on something you have no clue about and are conceding that in fact you are wrong? Cool, I agree. He is the definition of a ball hawk how can you overlook him leading the NCAA in INT's last year and return yards and then complain about his numbers of INT's this year? THe logic or lack there of is giving me a headache. Berry is playing a load of different postions and teams aren't trowing at him, he picked off Tebow which is basically impossible to do has 5 tackles for loss, leads the team in tackles what more do you want? Not a ballwhawk, crazy.

You need to calm the f*ck down. I have better stuff to do than watch all the football games of some mediocre SEC school.

As I can see from your user name you do watch all the games, which is good. Maybe instead of telling me how stupid I am you could nicely tell me a different opinion since you watch him on a weekly basis.

I never said he sucked. I was just bringing up a guy I liked who had just as many interceptions and almost as many tackles for losses as Berry last year who was doing better stats wise than Berry in terms of interceptions. All I said was that Berry was the all around better player but Burnett may be the better ball hawk. Thank you for correcting me.

Honestly I don't know why I'm even bothering replying to someone who's bent on trying to make people look like idiots.

So you watch all of GT games then? Morgan is good but he isn't close to Berry, where did you say Berry was better all around? You may have said it in an earlier post but I don't care to go and look. Yeah I'm a Vol fan but I know who Morgan, Mays, Earl Thomas and so on are and Berry is the better player, ballhawk, has better instincts, is more versatile and so on. You just don't like being questioned its alright I get it. I don't care about this board I've been a lurker for years and don't give a crap if I'm here or not I just couldn't sit by a let your BS post go unnoticed.

WHERE DID I SAY THAT MORGAN BURNETT WAS THE BETTER PLAYER THAN BERRY!

Maybe you should go look at my posts then instead of talking out of your ass about me.

I'm having a good time seeing you getting all worked up over nothing. Go back to lurking, do us all a favor.
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A

Maybe you should go look at my posts then instead of talking out of your ass about me.

I'm having a good time seeing you getting all worked up over nothing. Go back to lurking, do us all a favor.

Man you are stupid, I said where did you say that Berry was the better overall player? You said you did but I didn't see it, reread your posts and you'll understand how stupid you are IMO.

Man you are stupid, I said where did you say that Berry was the better overall player? You said you did but I didn't see it, reread your posts and you'll understand how stupid you are IMO.

Any more insults you got up your sleeve for me?

Lets break it down:

Quote:
He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

I never said he was playing poorly.

Quote:
Anyone who's watched him have any opinion on him? (Burnett)

merely asked a question about a guy who caught my eye.

Quote:

Are you angry that I didn't say he was God?

Quote:
But as a pure ballhawk I'm not sure he's the best out there.

Thanks for clearing that up. Berry is just as good as a ballhawk as Burnett I get it. I appreciate the feeback from someone who watches all their games. There's other ways you can relay this information than personal attacks.

Quote:

Obviously I'm not saying that Burnett is the better player here. Our later first rounder as opposed to a top 10 pick which Berry will be. Use your head.

Thank you.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 6, 2009 at 08:18:25 ]
We'll draft neither as Lewis and Goldson are doing an excellent job so far Lewis is hitting everything and Goldson is flying around. Teams haven't gone deep on us very often and when they did we can point at Roman lol. Point is we need offensive help and maybe a cornerback! But if I had to pick between the two I'd go Taylor Mays hands down, hes the complete package. ONE pass over 30 yards has been completed against the Trojans since he's been there, ONE! He also hits harder then linebackers, runs faster then corners and that was shown when he ran down the fastest running back in college football and tackled him in the open field by himself. Enough said!
Originally posted by Thrash88:
We'll draft neither as Lewis and Goldson are doing an excellent job so far Lewis is hitting everything and Goldson is flying around. Teams haven't gone deep on us very often and when they did we can point at Roman lol. Point is we need offensive help and maybe a cornerback! But if I had to pick between the two I'd go Taylor Mays hands down, hes the complete package. ONE pass over 30 yards has been completed against the Trojans since he's been there, ONE! He also hits harder then linebackers, runs faster then corners and that was shown when he ran down the fastest running back in college football and tackled him in the open field by himself. Enough said!

I understand that Taylor Mays is a great talent and I wouldn't be mad if we selected him, but Berry is the better Safety. Eric Berry can play both FS and SS. He hits hard and is a ballhawk which is evident by his 13 interceptions the previous two years. But like I said, Taylor Mays wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Originally posted by Thrash88:

goldson is doing a better job than roman but FS is still the weakest point in our D
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A

Lets break it down:

Quote:
He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

I never said you said he was playing poorly, but the insiunation about Morgan being a better ballhawk infers that he is playing better than Berry and is a better Ballhwak which is the most asinine thing I have ever read on any message board in my life. Monte Kiffin probably the best DC in football is playing Berry everywhere on the field mostly near the LOS. Also teams aren't throwing it anywhere near him becasue he IS the best Ballhawk in CF. I don't want to hear about Rahim Moore, MOrgan, Mays etc. Berry is better than all of them and anyone who watched CF would know that.

Quote:

Caught your eye, lol. I know what you are doing. Trying to act like some great insider hey look at the kid that plays a t GT he's great also. Funny thing is that anyone who knows his ass from a hole on the ground already knows about Morgan and is well aware of the fact that he is a great player but not in the same league as Berry.

Quote:

LOL, you're just mad that someone challenged you stupid posts on the subject and exposed your knowledge of lack thereof about college football. About 95% of people, commentators have ended this debate already Berry is the better well rounded player and that isn't a homerish UT fan thing.

Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up. Berry is just as good as a ballhawk as Burnett I get it. I appreciate the feeback from someone who watches all their games. There's other ways you can relay this information than personal attacks.

What do you want me to send you a hallmark card with flowers and crap on it talking all lovely on how dumb your post was? Give me a PO Box or I'l just drop it in a trash can in the city somewhere like one of those money dropoffs. Will that be an acceptable alternative for you so that your hurt feelings can be soothed by nice upbeat positive words? Let me know.

Quote:

Obviously I'm not saying that Burnett is the better player here. Our later first rounder as opposed to a top 10 pick which Berry will be. Use your head.

We need Dez Bryant, cool! We have like 13,000 receivers already. I'll go with a Elite DB over a WR any day. Berry won't last that long and you know it, we need a Game changing DB, Pass rusher and some OL over WR and now that Rockhead Crabby signed I'm sure WR will be the furthest thing from our waroom's mind.
Thank you.
You are welcome.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by crzy:
Berry is better than Mays, but it's really win-win with either of them.

huh? why ur saying berry is better than Mays? come on silly.. I like Mays cuz he is very good to tackle and that he can hit hard make Wr would fear cuz they don't want to hurt it and would not want to catch the ball possible that why. I love Mays but wait and see till finnish whole season.. Berry is good around defense and sometime hit hard. I think, Mays may simlair to Troy Polamalu.. I love Troy Polamalu cuz he is very good to read the defense quick a time and awesome blitz and can hit hard too.. wow.. i wish, Troy Polamalu can became a 49ers..

huh? what do u mean this? are u dislike it or not happy?

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by crzy:
Berry is better than Mays, but it's really win-win with either of them.

huh? why ur saying berry is better than Mays? come on silly.. I like Mays cuz he is very good to tackle and that he can hit hard make Wr would fear cuz they don't want to hurt it and would not want to catch the ball possible that why. I love Mays but wait and see till finnish whole season.. Berry is good around defense and sometime hit hard. I think, Mays may simlair to Troy Polamalu.. I love Troy Polamalu cuz he is very good to read the defense quick a time and awesome blitz and can hit hard too.. wow.. i wish, Troy Polamalu can became a 49ers..

huh? what do u mean this? are u dislike it or not happy?

Yea as you can see, I gave up on him

• Ether
  • Veteran
Dashon Goldson is good.

[ Edited by Ether on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:43:57 ]

Lets break it down:

Quote:

I never said you said he was playing poorly, but the insiunation about Morgan being a better ballhawk infers that he is playing better than Berry and is a better Ballhwak which is the most asinine thing I have ever read on any message board in my life. Monte Kiffin probably the best DC in football is playing Berry everywhere on the field mostly near the LOS. Also teams aren't throwing it anywhere near him becasue he IS the best Ballhawk in CF. I don't want to hear about Rahim Moore, MOrgan, Mays etc. Berry is better than all of them and anyone who watched CF would know that.

As I've said a couple times already, thank you for clearing that up. It makes sense that people wouldn't be throwing the ball near him and he's lining up all over the field. Stuff I can't see from looking at stats.

Quote:

Caught your eye, lol. I know what you are doing. Trying to act like some great insider hey look at the kid that plays a t GT he's great also. Funny thing is that anyone who knows his ass from a hole on the ground already knows about Morgan and is well aware of the fact that he is a great player but not in the same league as Berry.

You don't know me so I think it's funny that you try to put words into my mouth. I saw his name prominent on nfldraftscout rankings, looked up his stats and was impressed. Again were talking about a surefire top 10 pick versus an end of round 1 potentially guy.

Was just asking some of the big draft gurus what their opinions of him was. I don't pretend to be in the know (unlike some posters on this board). But of course you would know nothing of that sort and instead make accusaions about stuff you know nothing about.

Quote:

LOL, you're just mad that someone challenged you stupid posts on the subject and exposed your knowledge of lack thereof about college football. About 95% of people, commentators have ended this debate already Berry is the better well rounded player and that isn't a homerish UT fan thing.

Can you not read? I've said multiple times that Berry was the better all around player.

Quote:

What do you want me to send you a hallmark card with flowers and crap on it talking all lovely on how dumb your post was? Give me a PO Box or I'l just drop it in a trash can in the city somewhere like one of those money dropoffs. Will that be an acceptable alternative for you so that your hurt feelings can be soothed by nice upbeat positive words? Let me know.

I knew as soon as I posted this that that you were going to launch into some crazy hyperbole like that.

There's a thing called tact and you seem to be lacking in that.

Quote:

We need Dez Bryant, cool! We have like 13,000 receivers already. I'll go with a Elite DB over a WR any day. Berry won't last that long and you know it, we need a Game changing DB, Pass rusher and some OL over WR and now that Rockhead Crabby signed I'm sure WR will be the furthest thing from our waroom's mind.
Thank you.

You are welcome.

Of course we don't need Dez Bryant now! This post was written before there was any news that Crabtree was even going to sign with us. It's easy to say that now and sound so smart. At this point this is a moot issue since Crabtree is signed.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 8, 2009 at 19:42:39 ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Rahim Moore >>>>>> Eric Berry + Taylor Mays.
Originally posted by Ether:
Dashon Goldson is good.

He hasn't had the impact I thought he would.

Lets break it down:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.

You are welcome.

Dude, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they're stupid. Show some respect to a fellow sportsfan who just happened to have a difference of opinion.

Stop getting all high and mighty and get off your highorse.

[ Edited by DarthNiner on Oct 13, 2009 at 08:16:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone