LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 173 users in the forums

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Berry is better than Mays, but it's really win-win with either of them.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Taylor Mays had one hell of a game today vs Cal. 10 tackles and 1 INT!

that int was horrible, anyone could have picked him off

but when he ran down best was impressive, he has speed

ya that 4th down stop was amazing
berry is obviously better but if hes gone by the time we pick pays is not a bad consulation prize he plays the same football as singeltary wants physical
Are they FS or SS in the NFL?
Berry only has one interception this year. He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

One guy I've got my eye on is Morgan Bennett out of Georgia Tech. He's got 3 interceptions on the year and 7 last year. Anyone who's watched him have any opinion on him? I'm very intrigued by him and I think he's a better suit for our free safety position.
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Berry only has one interception this year. He'splaying well but maybe he's not quite the ballhawk we've all made him out to be.

One guy I've got my eye on is Morgan Bennett out of Georgia Tech. He's got 3 interceptions on the year and 7 last year. Anyone who's watched him have any opinion on him? I'm very intrigued by him and I think he's a better suit for our free safety position.

You can't be this stupid can you? He's been playing all over the field this year lining up at S, CB, LB and is dominating. Yes he hasn't had the INT's but people are staying away from him. Monte Kiffin one of the best if not best DC's ever said he's the best player he's ever coached.
Careful with the personal attack. A warning may be given if a mod sees this.
Originally posted by volfan2008:

You can't be this stupid can you? He's been playing all over the field this year lining up at S, CB, LB and is dominating. Yes he hasn't had the INT's but people are staying away from him. Monte Kiffin one of the best if not best DC's ever said he's the best player he's ever coached.

He's a very good player no doubt.

But as a pure ballhawk I'm not sure he's the best out there. We have plenty of hard-hitting run stuffers, we need a ballhawk.

If he declares he could maybe be had at our second first rounder and we could get someone like Dez Bryant instead.

No need to blow your load at me though....I'm sorry that I don't have time to watch every Tennessee game out there.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 4, 2009 at 21:55:05 ]
Originally posted by volfan2008:

He's a very good player no doubt.

But as a pure ballhawk I'm not sure he's the best out there. We have plenty of hard-hitting run stuffers, we need a ballhawk.

If he declares he could maybe be had at our second first rounder and we could get someone like Dez Bryant instead.

No need to blow your load at me though....I'm sorry that I don't have time to watch every Tennessee game out there.

He's playing in a cover 2 defense this year and has been placed all over the field. If you look at the previous two years he's played, his first year starting he had 5 picks followed by 7 ints last year. He's a ballhawk.
I watched the Tennessee game this Sat and Berry didn't stand out at all.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I watched the Tennessee game this Sat and Berry didn't stand out at all.

Really? I watched it and he seemed all over the place making tackles. There was one play where he tried to go head on with Auburn's running back and he got hit sticked.
In a way, if Eric Berry's stats aren't as impressive this year, then that may cause his draft stock to fall? That could be good for us because we'll have a better shot at drafting him!

Originally posted by PTulini:
In a way, if Eric Berry's stats aren't as impressive this year, then that may cause his draft stock to fall? That could be good for us because we'll have a better shot at drafting him!

Kinda like William Moore last year? Or Kenny Phillips before that?

I wish. I know Berry is going to dominate in the combine

I'm still praying though.
I havent seen enough of Berry, but Mays is definitey a game changer. ask any wr or hc in the pac 10 he is one of very few players in the pac 10 who changes the entire game. usc didn't have him versus Washinton and look what happened. i think he may be converted to an olb in the nfl and could be dominant in that position.
i want an o lineman
Share 49ersWebzone