There are 142 users in the forums

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
hell yeah. if we don't solve our tackle problem in the 1st, we're fcked.

Biggest misperception on this board. You can find quality starters outside the 1st round. Not too mention, while our Rt needs an upgrade. The biggest problem with our oline was playcalling and personnel. We called the same type of run play what seems to be 75% of the time. We didn't challenge deep until mid to late part of the season. So teams blitzed the hell out of us.

I'd agree if we were the Colts, Saints or Patriots...but we're the 49ers lol

point taken
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
hell yeah. if we don't solve our tackle problem in the 1st, we're fcked.

Biggest misperception on this board. You can find quality starters outside the 1st round. Not too mention, while our Rt needs an upgrade. The biggest problem with our oline was playcalling and personnel. We called the same type of run play what seems to be 75% of the time. We didn't challenge deep until mid to late part of the season. So teams blitzed the hell out of us.

I think first round O-linemen can work out but so can a 2-7 rounders, I think it would be crazy to draft two safeties but with the love fest for both Mays & Berry I wanted to see how people trully felt about both of them.

I wouldn't draft a RT in the 1st round just to take a RT in round 1! Makes no sence if you can get a quality RT in 2-7, most tackles drafted in round one are drafted to play LT anyway and we already have a 1st round LT in Staley. RT's are not valued as high and can be found later.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
This would be like that old Bill Walsh draft back when he drafted Lott, Wright, and the other DB.

I think everything else we need can be found in rounds 2-7 (OLB, OT, G, RB, DE or DT).

Your thoughts?

The situation was entirely different then when we different areas of need.

What made it different?
This would be like that old Bill Walsh draft back when he drafted Lott, Wright, and the other DB.

I think everything else we need can be found in rounds 2-7 (OLB, OT, G, RB, DE or DT).

Your thoughts?

What made it different?

We drafted Hicks, Lott and Williamson. We needed defensive backfield help, but most specifically we needed corners. While the need for safeties is probably different now, I do think we would be wasting a pick that we could use elsewhere.

Your thoughts?

What made it different?

We had practically no DBs worth a damn. Now, our problem isn't the DB's more than it is a consistent edge rusher. Look at how our DB's performed once Ahmad Brooks began to do some damage.

Goldson showed some positive attributes and Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor are still being groomed. It would be a waste to make our primary selections DB's (FS/CBs specifically) when we have 3 question marks on the OL and inconsistency the edge rush.
So now we have Taylor Mays!
he will fit into our system better and therefore be the superior saftey. As long as Mays puts in the work we will turn him into a legened. Not to say Berry wont take it to the house now and then but Mays will TAKE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!!!
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
he will fit into our system better and therefore be the superior saftey. As long as Mays puts in the work we will turn him into a legened. Not to say Berry wont take it to the house now and then but Mays will TAKE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!!!

taylor mays should mark himself like the predator when he takes a receivers life
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
forget mays and berry we need to fix our o line NOW

lol we did both, awesome draft so far
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
forget mays and berry we need to fix our o line NOW

lol we did both, awesome draft so far

lol how was i supposed to know mays would fall to the 2nd but im loving this draft so much at the time of the draft this is my favorite draft in recent memory

Share 49ersWebzone