LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

there are going to be 2 very lucky teams next year.....
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Terrence Cody would look real good on our D-Line.

How about DE Carlos Dunlap from Florida:

6'6"

290Ibs

4.65 40 time.

You heard me right.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Eric Berry and Greg Hardy!

No QB?

give me Bradford/McCoy with Kindle/Mays

Kindle is awesome, but would need to put on some weight (like Maybin's playing weight this past year, Kindle is around 230ish)....Hardy is already 265 and is a freak of an athlete.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather invest in defense next year and see how Nate Davis develops...he has a much bigger arm than either of those two and that's ideal for a vertical passing system like ours. He's really good at play-faking, is extremely accurate with the underneath routes and has the big arm to stretch the field when needed. Not saying he's a better overall QB than Bradford or McCoy, but he could be really good for our system...sort of a Drew Brees-type (we're talking potential, of course).
  • supersing
  • Info N/A
you suck if you think this is possible...playoffs in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It would suck if we pick 1 and 2.
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Us and the panthers would have to be the worst and second or third worst teams in the league.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Terrence Cody would look real good on our D-Line.

I think people will be pleasantly surprised with what they see out of Sopoaga this year now that he has the green light to one-gap from the NT position...
  • krizay
  • Veteran

No QB?

Kindle is awesome, but would need to put on some weight (like Maybin's playing weight this past year, Kindle is around 230ish)....Hardy is already 265 and is a freak of an athlete.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather invest in defense next year and see how Nate Davis develops...he has a much bigger arm than either of those two and that's ideal for a vertical passing system like ours. He's really good at play-faking, is extremely accurate with the underneath routes and has the big arm to stretch the field when needed. Not saying he's a better overall QB than Bradford or McCoy, but he could be really good for our system...sort of a Drew Brees-type (we're talking potential, of course).

not that i don't believe you. but draftscout has him at 254

I personally don't like waiting and hoping for a project type QB when we already have young talent in place else where. We've already wasted Gore. Atleast we will have by the time we are ready to compete. Don't want to do the same with Crabs, Willis and company if Davis doesn't pan out.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 26, 2009 at 10:50 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

We have to draft Eric Berry. No two questions about it. I like George Selvie just a little bit more than Greg Hardy, but wow - I would love Hardy. Plus, who would mind drafting another guy from Ole Miss in the first round???
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

only for 17 weeks. Small sacrifice for 10+ years of competing.

Well, it could possibly mean that McCloughan really sucked and his draft this year didn't pan out and it would be even more dangerous to give him the 1 and 2 pick.
what if shaun hill is a probowler this year
  • RLB78
  • Info N/A
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but people were saying William Moore was a sure fire top of round 1 selection a year ago. I like the ideas a lot, but who knows who will step up this year! It's going to be AWESOME to have two #1s! Though hopefully a top 10 from Carolina and something more in the twenties from us
  • RLB78
  • Info N/A

Well, it could possibly mean that McCloughan really sucked and his draft this year didn't pan out and it would be even more dangerous to give him the 1 and 2 pick.

The $80M guaranteed would be a tough pill to swallow too!

No QB?

me too, i think he could be solid down the road, and then we can revamp the D even more with 2 1sts next year
Share 49ersWebzone