LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Terrence Cody DT Alabama 6-5 368
  • ColumbusNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

I'm sorry, but no way should the highest rated player be a Free Safety. In my eyes, free safety is the position where CBs who are too slow are moved to.

Niner

I don't see a problem with a FS being rated as the highest.. he's just definitely not going to be the first player taken. I also disagree with FS being the position that slow corners are moved to. What you say is correct sometimes for sure, but not with Mays (and other true safeties).

Depth at defensive tackle looks pretty solid next year at this point.. good sign.
I know it's early but it's nice knowing we'll have two first round picks next year...
Taylor Mays from USC is going to be a stud when he gets to the NFL. I hope our scouts have our eyes set on him.

But other than that, I think we did well in the draft. Go crabtree.

FS Eric Berry is better than Mays in every category possible. Ballhawk, Wooooo hitter, athletic a Ronny Type player a Singletary kind of player.

ERIC BERRY IN 2010 BABY!!

http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2008/11/02/2_berry4pres1.box.jpg

Why I want Eric Berry check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7Oj8wmRLQ
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
FS Eric Berry is better than Mays in every category possible. Ballhawk, Wooooo hitter, athletic a Ronny Type player a Singletary kind of player.

ERIC BERRY IN 2010 BABY!!

http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2008/11/02/2_berry4pres1.box.jpg

Why I want Eric Berry check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7Oj8wmRLQ

Berry is much better than the overrated Mays. Berry has been the real deal since High School as the top rated defensive prospect going into college.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
People keep stating we "got over" by getting an extra 1st. for next year, so I posed this assignment:

Who's the top 25 players for next years draft ???

Here ya go!

I'm sorry, but no way should the highest rated player be a Free Safety. In my eyes, free safety is the position where CBs who are too slow are moved to.

Niner

So you're telling me that Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed are just slow CBs? If either Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed were in this year's draft... They would be in the top 5 picks. The safety position is stereotyped as a position for slow corners, but in reality, it's an entirely different position. Safeties need to be able to tackle just as well as linebackers. Corners, on the other hand, are usually softies when it comes to squaring up and tackling a 220 pound running back.

Taylor Mays, who is coming out in next years draft will probably be a top 5 or 10 pick. The guy is a beast. At 6'2 220lbs. of muscle, this guy takes people's heads off. IMO i think he's probably one of the best players that will be coming out.
Yeah, perhaps with the two first-rounders, we'll finally be able to land:

A mammoth nose tackle: Can you say hello to Mount Cody? Boo Robinson? Al Woods even?

A monster pass-rusher: Come on down to San Francisco Mr. Selvie? Greg Hardy? Antonio Coleman? Sergio Kindle? Brandon Graham? Rahim Alem? Auston English? Everson Griffon?

2010 draft will be WAY deeper at Pass Rusher. Now, at tackle though, it might be a different story, which is why I was concerned that we did not address that in this draft. But considering we have two firsts next year, we could land a dominant safety (Eric Berry, Taylor Mays) and a monster pass-rusher or nose tackle.

I need to calm down. Maybe I should take a week off, because I'm ready to get the work started already.
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

A mammoth nose tackle: Can you say hello to Mount Cody? Boo Robinson? Al Woods even?

A monster pass-rusher: Come on down to San Francisco Mr. Selvie? Greg Hardy? Antonio Coleman? Sergio Kindle? Brandon Graham? Rahim Alem? Auston English? Everson Griffon?

2010 draft will be WAY deeper at Pass Rusher. Now, at tackle though, it might be a different story, which is why I was concerned that we did not address that in this draft. But considering we have two firsts next year, we could land a dominant safety (Eric Berry, Taylor Mays) and a monster pass-rusher or nose tackle.

I need to calm down. Maybe I should take a week off, because I'm ready to get the work started already.

Are you telling me there are three legit 3-4 NT prospects with first round grades in 2010? That would be the first time since I can remember. That in itself is reason to be excited, you are right.
  • Mex49
I hope Carolina fails
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
People keep stating we "got over" by getting an extra 1st. for next year, so I posed this assignment:

Who's the top 25 players for next years draft ???

Here ya go!

Niner

obviously you do not realize who taylor mays is...

he was already being compared to CERTAIN notable USC defensive back halfway through his first season..

he makes laron landry look like a baby.

Don't forget Jerry Hughes (led the nation in sacks last year), Brandon Lang or even ASU's Dexter Davis...dude is a sack machine!
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Apr 27, 2009 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by TowelBoy:

Are you telling me there are three legit 3-4 NT prospects with first round grades in 2010? That would be the first time since I can remember. That in itself is reason to be excited, you are right.

It's way too early to be projecting players -- there's so much time for injury to occur. Right now, aside from Mount Cody, no one can really be considered a 1st rounder. We knew Cody would likely have been if he came out this year, but the other two -- Robinson and Woods -- You're looking at early Day Two guys who have a chance to play themselves into day one.

It's a long ways away.

To be honest, I am most excited about the pass-rushing group. I mean, heck.. I barely listed what would be available next year. That was 8 players right there, which didn't include Rico McCoy or Jerry Hughes, two amazing pass-rushers who could elevate themselves for 2010. And don't forget Troy's Brandon Lang.

Don't get me carried away.
Originally posted by GoFD74:

Don't forget Jerry Hughes (led the nation in sacks last year), Brandon Lang or even ASU's Dexter Davis...dude is a sack machine!

Yeah I was writing it as you were posting You put this up 10 seconds before mine posted. :P
Originally posted by GoFD74:

Yeah I was writing it as you were posting You put this up 10 seconds before mine posted. :P

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Terrence Cody DT Alabama 6-5 368
Share 49ersWebzone