LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL 2018/19 Soccer Thread***

Originally posted by Garce:
Thats amazing. That is what blows me away about soccer abroad, the passion the fans have is unrivaled in any sport.

Just come across this passion from the kids only to be heartbroken at the end. Poor kids screaming no as the 4th went in.

• Veteran
What a beautiful goal by Ribery.
  • Veteran
All the Bayern old timers are scoring today.
  • Veteran
Bayern Munich 2018-19 Champions
Man City won the domestic treble today which is the first time in history any team has won the domestic treble in England. ( League, League cup and FA Cup)

As amazing as that achievement is, it must be pretty weird for them to know that the papers and media will instantly go back to talking about Man United and Liverpool. Nobody cares about Man City, which i suppose is what happens when you are a small club that won the lottery of oil money.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 190836:
All the Bayern old timers are scoring today.

Originally posted by 190836:
Bayern Munich 2018-19 Champions

That was a fairy tale ending. Both Robben and Ribery score in their final home game to lift the trophy. Such a pleasure watching that match and the celebrations.

Mia San Mia!
Originally posted by Ashelbash:
Man City won the domestic treble today which is the first time in history any team has won the domestic treble in England. ( League, League cup and FA Cup)

As amazing as that achievement is, it must be pretty weird for them to know that the papers and media will instantly go back to talking about Man United and Liverpool. Nobody cares about Man City, which i suppose is what happens when you are a small club that won the lottery of oil money.

True the broadcasters and writers seem to hate or disregard Man City, people call their stadium the EMPTYhad (instead of etihad)...

But.........

2018/2019 average attendance.
[ Edited by Debryune on May 20, 2019 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Debryune:
True the broadcasters and writers seem to hate or disregard Man City, people call their stadium the EMPTYhad (instead of etihad)...

But.........

2018/2019 average attendance.

There have been many many times I have been inside a ground and the attendance was announced and it was either way too high or way too low. It's an easy enough trick. City get 30000 in the ground and they announce 52000 which helps them get around FFP.
Pep Guardiola close to becoming Juve's next manager. f**king awesome. Pep managing the GOAT and bringing the CL to Turin.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Pep Guardiola close to becoming Juve's next manager. f**king awesome. Pep managing the GOAT and bringing the CL to Turin.

According to who?

Originally posted by Janitor:
According to who?

Momblano, AGI, and Chiringuito.

Momblano and Chiringuito were the ones who first broke the news about CR7 last year before the major sports outlets hopped on the transfer.

June 4 Pep signs a deal worth 24m/yr for 4 years. He will be unveiled on the 14th. Juventus has cancelled ticket sales for their museum and stadium tours for the 14th making their story have some validity. Agnelli(Juve's President) has been in contact with Pep about this for 2 months.

fun fact: Pep was a Juventus and Platini fan as a kid.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Momblano, AGI, and Chiringuito.

Momblano and Chiringuito were the ones who first broke the news about CR7 last year before the major sports outlets hopped on the transfer.

June 4 Pep signs a deal worth 24m/yr for 4 years. He will be unveiled on the 14th. Juventus has cancelled ticket sales for their museum and stadium tours for the 14th making their story have some validity. Agnelli(Juve's President) has been in contact with Pep about this for 2 months.

fun fact: Pep was a Juventus and Platini fan as a kid.

just checked with SkyBet, he is currently 10/11 to become the next Juventus manager.
Originally posted by Ashelbash:
just checked with SkyBet, he is currently 10/11 to become the next Juventus manager.

Can you bet these things from the U.S?
I don't want Pep to leave city, (minus some of his stupid lineup choices causing us to lose) as it's been fun. However, I'm sure he fears a CL ban for city, and doesn't want to get embarrassed by Klopp. Going to Juventus could be a fun new challenge for him to conquer.
I'm a relatively new soccer fan, it's crazy how some other team can just walk in and pay more and take your manager.
I don't want Pep to leave city, (minus some of his stupid lineup choices causing us to lose) as it's been fun. However, I'm sure he fears a CL ban for city, and doesn't want to get embarrassed by Klopp. Going to Juventus could be a fun new challenge for him to conquer.
I'm a relatively new soccer fan, it's crazy how some other team can just walk in and pay more and take your manager.

Big teams with history routinely do that. Get used to it. lol.

I believe you can bu i'm afraid that i'm not too sure about US law when it comes to gambling etc, it might be worth googling.

Usually if a team approaches a manager they have to seek permission from their current club and the two sides will negotiate a compensation amount before they get to speak to the manager. It works the same as a transfer fee. Unless either the manager himself is out of contract or close to being out of contract or if the manager has a clause written in to his contract allowing another team to approach him.
Share 49ersWebzone