• Veteran
Lol
[ Edited by Garce on May 11, 2019 at 5:22 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Ashelbash:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Looks level to me...the defender's shoulder looks to be in line with the foot

It's hard to say though...if the linesman called it onside - probably should have stuck with that decision.

Like I said it's his foot that is marginally advanced, by the letter of the law he is off. Harsh yes, but he is just off.

VAR reversals are supposed to be for "clear and obvious" reversals. IF the foot is offside by an inch, that is extremely marginal, and should never be reversed.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Looks level to me...the defender's shoulder looks to be in line with the foot

It's hard to say though...if the linesman called it onside - probably should have stuck with that decision.

Like I said it's his foot that is marginally advanced, by the letter of the law he is off. Harsh yes, but he is just off.

VAR reversals are supposed to be for "clear and obvious" reversals. IF the foot is offside by an inch, that is extremely marginal, and should never be reversed.

If plays like that become the standard for a VAR reversal than the game is going to be a nightmare, as every goal could be scrutinized down to the pixel to see if something is wrong. It's the same nightmare that is going to happen with the new Pass Interference rules in NFL.

I've looked at it a lot, and I still don't see it being obvious that he is offside
Originally posted by Janitor:
If plays like that become the standard for a VAR reversal than the game is going to be a nightmare, as every goal could be scrutinized down to the pixel to see if something is wrong. It's the same nightmare that is going to happen with the new Pass Interference rules in NFL.

I've looked at it a lot, and I still don't see it being obvious that he is offside
I totally agree with your point about it being clear and obvious, I would be fuming if a goal for my teamwas overturned in that manner, luckily we are a million miles away from that being an issue!

Speaking of fuming I am getting so wound up watching the San Jose Earthquakes it's unreal. They are absolutely awful.
You will have no problem finishing the job on Wednesday night. Derby were dreadful today. The penalty was actually a really good decision, but your man probably should have been sent off for putting his head in where he did at the end.

After the way we blew automatic promotion I'll never take a 1-0 lead for granted again. But if we start & score early on Wednesday, kill them off it'll be much more enjoyable.

Thought we dominated the game, our final ball at times was wasteful but our quality showed with the goal, perfect cross from jack Harrison ex NYCFC

Klitch could have seen red I agree but the derby player Huddleston should have for his elbow on Dallas, it's nice to be on the right side of decisions for a change.

Also a brilliant chant started yesterday aimed at Frank Lampard after all the spying stuff

https://twitter.com/awaydaysvideos/status/1127233229721866241?s=12
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
After the way we blew automatic promotion I'll never take a 1-0 lead for granted again. But if we start & score early on Wednesday, kill them off it'll be much more enjoyable.

Thought we dominated the game, our final ball at times was wasteful but our quality showed with the goal, perfect cross from jack Harrison ex NYCFC

Klitch could have seen red I agree but the derby player Huddleston should have for his elbow on Dallas, it's nice to be on the right side of decisions for a change.

Also a brilliant chant started yesterday aimed at Frank Lampard after all the spying stuff

https://twitter.com/awaydaysvideos/status/1127233229721866241?s=12

I love that chant, saw it pop up on twitter yesterday, class.

I love that Leeds travel in the numbers they do, you have no idea how much I would love to draw them in the FA Cup. The income they could generate for my tiny club would be amazing.

Do you travel? Nothing like a quality away day is there?
I love that chant, saw it pop up on twitter yesterday, class.

I love that Leeds travel in the numbers they do, you have no idea how much I would love to draw them in the FA Cup. The income they could generate for my tiny club would be amazing.

Do you travel? Nothing like a quality away day is there?

Who do you support pal. Yes Yesterday was my 16th away day of the season. Nothing better than all day on the beer & good atmosphere.
Who do you support pal. Yes Yesterday was my 16th away day of the season. Nothing better than all day on the beer & good atmosphere.

Weymouth.

My dad is an ex season ticket holder at Man United through the 70s and 80s so I watch them on the box but Weymouth are my local team, follow them up and down the country.
Weymouth, that's a proper fan that mate. Following your local team. What division are they in. The local semi pro team around me is Pontefract collieries they are in the premier league north which is the 7th tier so 3 divisions away from League 2
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I still miss Pep

Weymouth, that's a proper fan that mate. Following your local team. What division are they in. The local semi pro team around me is Pontefract collieries they are in the premier league north which is the 7th tier so 3 divisions away from League 2

We just won the southern premier league (and the overall pointless shield thing) so next season we will be in the national league south.

We were in the conference a few years ago but greedy owners absolutely ruined us and it's been a slow rebuild, much like yourselves only on a smaller scale. I do miss those days we had some cracking away days. Oxford, Woking, Southport was a trek. I remember doing Bury away on a Tuesday night in the cup. Did it in a day, got home at 5am and started work at 7. Stuff we do for the love of our clubs ey.
West Brom V Aston Villa just kicking off now for anybody interested. Should be a good game this.
West Brom V Aston Villa just kicking off now for anybody interested. Should be a good game this.

Villa were on the ropes until West Brom went down to 10 men.

It's the mighty whites turn tonight. Please Leeds make it easy my heart can't take much more heart break
Villa were on the ropes until West Brom went down to 10 men.

It's the mighty whites turn tonight. Please Leeds make it easy my heart can't take much more heart break

I thought Villa were poor last night, they kept insisting on playing out from the back which I normally don't mind but they nearly got caught so often I thought they were going to concede a second at some point.

Good luck tonight, I don't foresee too many issues based on how Derby played at home at the weekend.
Thoughts on this?

I'm a City fan, I know the fans have been chanting a form of this song all season, but from the players it's not a good look. I guess this Rivalry is about to heat up next year, it also means Liverpool is now in their heads, and they are basically admitting it.
Share 49ersWebzone