LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL 2018/19 Soccer Thread***

Originally posted by Ashelbash:
I thought Villa were poor last night, they kept insisting on playing out from the back which I normally don't mind but they nearly got caught so often I thought they were going to concede a second at some point.

Good luck tonight, I don't foresee too many issues based on how Derby played at home at the weekend.

Cheers mate, I agree with villa, West Brom had them wobbling & they were lucky west brom went down to 10. It was a sending off though & it changed the game, West Brom had no outlet & couldn't keep hold of the ball. They defended brilliantly but I once it went to penalties I felt villa were always going to win.

As for Leeds, we are the better team we've beaten them 3 times already but this would be very Leeds to go & lose tonight. It's the hope that kills you.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this virtually the whole of the country opposition fans & media will want Leeds to lose tonight. Frank Lampard is a media darling & we're dirty Leeds. This is what makes to thought of losing even worse the whole country lapping up us blowing it. It would be unbearable
Originally posted by Debryune:
Thoughts on this?

I'm a City fan, I know the fans have been chanting a form of this song all season, but from the players it's not a good look. I guess this Rivalry is about to heat up next year, it also means Liverpool is now in their heads, and they are basically admitting it.

For me it's being sensationalised as most things are nowadays it's a chant not the worst in the world but has the line of being battered in the streets people will be offended by. Condoning violence etc
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
Cheers mate, I agree with villa, West Brom had them wobbling & they were lucky west brom went down to 10. It was a sending off though & it changed the game, West Brom had no outlet & couldn't keep hold of the ball. They defended brilliantly but I once it went to penalties I felt villa were always going to win.

As for Leeds, we are the better team we've beaten them 3 times already but this would be very Leeds to go & lose tonight. It's the hope that kills you.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this virtually the whole of the country opposition fans & media will want Leeds to lose tonight. Frank Lampard is a media darling & we're dirty Leeds. This is what makes to thought of losing even worse the whole country lapping up us blowing it. It would be unbearable

That comes with having such a fantastic and loyal fan base. Others teams supporters get jealous. Plus as with all sets of supporters there will be a few bad apples and oppo fans will use this as a stick to beat you with.

Personally as a TV prem watcher I'd like to see Leeds come back up. It will be great to have a team bring an atmosphere with them.

In other news I have been chatting to Weymouths chairman about the possibility of providing an online radio commentary for our games next season. If I get the go ahead I'll post the link here and ask you for feedback as I'd like to make a good job of it, will that be ok with you?
[ Edited by Ashelbash on May 15, 2019 at 8:01 AM ]

To prove this here's a video of teams just singing about us. We love being hated. Funny when we sing it back to them they shut straight up, as they think it offends us when in reality we love it

I stand corrected, Leeds are all over the place.
I stand corrected, Leeds are all over the place.

I knew we'd f*ck it up. Only Leeds could find a way mess that up in the way we did last night. We gifted them 3 of their goals. That's me done with football until next season, I couldn't care less about the champions league final or the worthless nations league.

I still feel sick thinking about it.
I knew we'd f*ck it up. Only Leeds could find a way mess that up in the way we did last night. We gifted them 3 of their goals. That's me done with football until next season, I couldn't care less about the champions league final or the worthless nations league.

Yeah, must have been painful to watch if you were a Leeds fan. As far as the Champions League..... I hope Spurs win, because they won't be winning the Premier leage any time soon.

Unlucky mate. I'm backing you to win the title next year, none of the 3 that have gone down are much cop.

Call me sad, but I am proper looking forward to the Women's World Cup.
That comes with having such a fantastic and loyal fan base. Others teams supporters get jealous. Plus as with all sets of supporters there will be a few bad apples and oppo fans will use this as a stick to beat you with.

Personally as a TV prem watcher I'd like to see Leeds come back up. It will be great to have a team bring an atmosphere with them.

In other news I have been chatting to Weymouths chairman about the possibility of providing an online radio commentary for our games next season. If I get the go ahead I'll post the link here and ask you for feedback as I'd like to make a good job of it, will that be ok with you?

Sorry I missed the last paragraph on first reading, I was still too traumatised.

Yes of course I'll definitely give you feedback. Good luck with it.

Yes a lot of teams are jealous of us, for our fanbase & it's the exact reason we got the dirty Leeds tag in the first place we were the best & the media hated it.

The atmosphere was brilliant last night just a shame it was our own players it intimidated. We were cruising until that massive f*ck up just before half time.

https://twitter.com/smeddy69/status/1129024941876273152?s=20

Still don't believe it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sorry I missed the last paragraph on first reading, I was still too traumatised.

Yes of course I'll definitely give you feedback. Good luck with it.

Yes a lot of teams are jealous of us, for our fanbase & it's the exact reason we got the dirty Leeds tag in the first place we were the best & the media hated it.

The atmosphere was brilliant last night just a shame it was our own players it intimidated. We were cruising until that massive f*ck up just before half time.

https://twitter.com/smeddy69/status/1129024941876273152?s=20

Still don't believe it.

Thats amazing. That is what blows me away about soccer abroad, the passion the fans have is unrivaled in any sport.

https://youtu.be/267rVBFijJk

For anybody interested in my little club, here's a short highlight package from one of the away days I did this season. We are the team in white.
Originally posted by Garce:
Thats amazing. That is what blows me away about soccer abroad, the passion the fans have is unrivaled in any sport.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad we've been out of the premier league for the time we have. When we were relegated in 04 it was very but it's become so corporate & middle class & very tourist centric especially the London clubs. A lot of clubs have sold their soul for the money Arsenal's atmosphere is like a library, Chelsea, West Ham all have. Man united did it in the 90's & Man City are going the same way, with their tunnel club etc, while we have remained the same, loud & not very well liked.

The thing I miss the most about being in the premier league is the exposure. Like many on this board won't have heard of us before I started posting. The rest is meh to me.
Originally posted by Debryune:
Yeah, must have been painful to watch if you were a Leeds fan. As far as the Champions League..... I hope Spurs win, because they won't be winning the Premier leage any time soon.

I've a feeling spurs might just do it with everyone expecting Liverpool to do it
https://youtu.be/267rVBFijJk

For anybody interested in my little club, here's a short highlight package from one of the away days I did this season. We are the team in white.

Tell you what mate that's a good crowd for the 7th division. We're lucky to have crowds like that running all the way down the leagues
Tell you what mate that's a good crowd for the 7th division. We're lucky to have crowds like that running all the way down the leagues

Yeah we are a relatively big club for our level, there was over 2'600 in the ground for our last game.

https://youtu.be/tXIO4ZEC6bc

Here's another away day I did, crazy game this one but it's Salisbury's footage and the cameraman and editor aren't the best but fair play to them.
[ Edited by Ashelbash on May 16, 2019 at 10:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone