There are 125 users in the forums

Draft Grade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Draft Grade

I loved our draft. We needed the interior linemen and the corners desperately. I also think folks are underplaying the need for RB. Wilson and Wayne are only signed through this year. Mostert is 30 with only 2 years left. We needed fresh blood at that position.

A-
B.. .. we got our franchise QB of the future ( Hopefully ). Two big nasty O-Linemen. Not sure about trading up for Rb or drafting two of them at that but we'll see how they perform come season time.
Well, that is a pretty happy vote! 154 votes to date. And strong support. Nice.
Qb, two OL, two RB. They trying build a bully. Like the old Harbaugh teams.
Originally posted by English:
Well, that is a pretty happy vote! 154 votes to date. And strong support. Nice.

Yeah the vote is skewed.

1. People are giving a higher score because mac jones was not the selection. Their sense of relief is evident.

2. Proof? keep the same draft but with mac instead of lance . If Mac jones was the pick, you'd be seeing Fs across the board.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on May 2, 2021 at 7:32 AM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
C+ until Lance proves himself.

He's an unknown quantity at this point so I scratched him from the average.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Qb, two OL, two RB. They trying build a bully. Like the old Harbaugh teams.

Getting bigger to reduce injuries. Let's hope we won't lose speed advantage.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Yeah the vote is skewed.

1. People are giving a higher score because mac jones was not the selection. Their sense of relief is evident.

2. Proof? keep the same draft but with mac instead of lance . If Mac jones was the pick, you'd be seeing Fs across the board.

To be fair the first pick always holds the most weight.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Yeah the vote is skewed.

As it should. And when the team have traded up for it the weight it carries should be very significant. Really, the only thing that matters about this draft is whether or not Lance is a success. Everything else can be dealt with.If Jones had indeed been the pick then it would have been F's across the board for that same reason.
Can't give a grade until their #1 draft pick hits the field.

B for potential
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Yeah the vote is skewed.

As it should. And when the team have traded up for it the weight it carries should be very significant. Really, the only thing that matters about this draft is whether or not Lance is a success. Everything else can be dealt with.If Jones had indeed been the pick then it would have been F's across the board for that same reason.

I understand weight, but people are simply not even looking at the rest of the draft.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I loved our draft. We needed the interior linemen and the corners desperately. I also think folks are underplaying the need for RB. Wilson and Wayne are only signed through this year. Mostert is 30 with only 2 years left. We needed fresh blood at that position.

A-

Yeah me too. Can't rely on constant UFA gems either. Glad to get a top end talent to develop at the RB position. Great to see the OL get some depth. Felt they address all of the needs here.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I didn't know next year's draft consisted of only a first and third round and then only a first round in 2023.

2 1sts and a 3rd is roughly an entire draft worth of capital (and honestly probably more)
im happy with the draft

1) we picked maybe my favorite qb with thehighest potential (outside lawrence)
2) we addressed what i consider the two biggest needs of the team (RG and CB)
3) we drafted a potential top RB in Sermon
Share 49ersWebzone