LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Draft Grade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Draft Grade

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
7 backs signed deals worth $12M or more a yr, Barkley will likely get that kinda money, the fact McCaffrey got $16M, and Kamara $15M is just ridiculous, aside from injury concerns, it's just stupid to pay RBs that kind of money, I get both can do more than run, but neither are guys that I'd consider bellcows, or workhorses.

Have you seen how many times they touch the ball?

No offense AB. Your cap knowledge is second to non on this forum. This isn't the 2000's/2010's. It's about to be 2021 season. Although the cap got pushed back a little over crazy circumstances, you of all people should know how much it's about to go up over the next several years. 12-15 mil a year for the very best RBs in the league is what it costs nowadays. Times change and everyone makes more money. If they are the best at what they do and everyone wants a McCaffery, you pay them. I agree about committees and injuries for the most part. If you have one of the top 10 backs in the league you pay that guy. Otherwise you invest draft capital on them because that's the way you get the best ones. So you either invest money to keep them or draft capital that can be used to supplement more expensive positions. Like ER, OT, CB, WR. Basically every position other than RB. I'd rather pay the RB and keep my draft picks for the positions that actually get expensive on second contracts
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I't pretty obvious that we have the type of HC and GM that would not pay EZE type of money to our RBs because KS believe that his offense can MAKES the RBs... I won't argue with that... but like you said, RB class is loaded next year so don't be surprise if we take TWO MORE in 2022 because Wilson may end up signing some place else (SEATTLE) while Mostert may just be in his last year..

I don't like the SERMON pick because I feel that we needed DE more than a RB..

Our front 7 is the biggest strength on our roster. Time to replenish in other areas
OL 4 first rounders and 1 second rounder. Also a HOF LT
DL 4 first rounders with good depth

get the QB position figured out and we are gold

FRONT 7 - looks strong because of Bosa and the LBs... but you can not look at the DL as a strength with Bosa not 100% and a questionable FORD.. Sasquatch is still unproven and the rest our just PLACE HOLDERS..

I was hoping to land a DE instead of a RB this year...
I't pretty obvious that we have the type of HC and GM that would not pay EZE type of money to our RBs because KS believe that his offense can MAKES the RBs... I won't argue with that... but like you said, RB class is loaded next year so don't be surprise if we take TWO MORE in 2022 because Wilson may end up signing some place else (SEATTLE) while Mostert may just be in his last year..

Our front 7 is the biggest strength on our roster. Time to replenish in other areas

FRONT 7 - looks strong because of Bosa and the LBs... but you can not look at the DL as a strength with Bosa not 100% and a questionable FORD.. Sasquatch is still unproven and the rest our just PLACE HOLDERS..

Edge was not a strength of the draft this yr. So if we happen to have one of our 3, or maybe even 2 of our 3 RBs end up being study, I KNOW you will be cheering them on.
A-
I really hope we draft a stud center with our first pick in the 2nd round next year.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
FWIW, SF drafted 5 of Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects
Originally posted by Waterbear:
A+
Because for the first time in my life I genuinely believe we found our elite franchise QB. Everything else is gravy.

I wish we would have addressed the WR and KR position but I think we still have time to see who gets cut and sign someone off another team's roster.

I was high on Sermon and Hufunga. I'm a little worried about the Banks kid but we will see.

Did you ever believe Alex Smith, Kaep, Jimmy G, etc. we're the franchise QB? I'm sure most of this sub did.
Even if Sermon goes on to the Hall of Fall, this draft is a failure if Lance doesn't pan out. With the amount of capital we used for him, the grading 100% depends on that pick.

How we feel about it today doesn't really matter. I like the pick and I'm satisfied with the draft. I feel like anything near a B- is to be expected.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
A+
Because for the first time in my life I genuinely believe we found our elite franchise QB. Everything else is gravy.

I wish we would have addressed the WR and KR position but I think we still have time to see who gets cut and sign someone off another team's roster.

I was high on Sermon and Hufunga. I'm a little worried about the Banks kid but we will see.

Did you ever believe Alex Smith, Kaep, Jimmy G, etc. we're the franchise QB? I'm sure most of this sub did.

Honeymoon phase....
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Edge was not a strength of the draft this yr. So if we happen to have one of our 3, or maybe even 2 of our 3 RBs end up being study, I KNOW you will be cheering them on.

I will always cheer for the team... as much as I'd like to get rid of AA, I cheer for him..

it's just I seem to remember ALL his great plays because they are so RARE !!!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Even if Sermon goes on to the Hall of Fall, this draft is a failure if Lance doesn't pan out. With the amount of capital we used for him, the grading 100% depends on that pick.

How we feel about it today doesn't really matter. I like the pick and I'm satisfied with the draft. I feel like anything near a B- is to be expected.

LANCE can be the next JaMarcus but as long as we keep winning Super Bowl whether or not he's the QB and the rest of the guys help out, this DRAFT will be a SUCCESS !!

wacha thakin about KAC??
Originally posted by strickac:

How dare you. This draft already is an A+ and Lance is the 2nd coming of jesus christ.

But seriously, you're absolutely right. Everyone is happy today with the pick. Fine. Bit it's really going to come down to wins. If he's putting up 220 yards passing and rushing for 160 a game, but the niners go 5 and 12, ill be disgusted.
Like everyone else said it will all come down to Lance...if he turns into a FQB then it's a A+ draft.

For the rest of the picks I was less than thrilled overall. I liked the positions they went after just thought there was better talent available at those positions when they were picking. I like Sermon a lot, I just didn't see giving up two 4ths to move up for a running back as a smart move (then drafting another RB later). Not one single WR from this great draft class was shocking to me as well.

I was so pumped with the Lance pick that everything else overall didn't matter at that point for me lol.
Share 49ersWebzone