There are 94 users in the forums

Draft Grade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Draft Grade

Originally posted by dhp318:
2 1sts and a 3rd is roughly an entire draft worth of capital (and honestly probably more)

Not sure where you went to school but you better ask for a refund from the math department.
Originally posted by DimezandDots:
Instead of taking Eli Mitchell, I think we should have picked Trill Williams instead.

The draft is over. All the should've, could've, would've should be stowed away in the "Recheck In 3 Years" box.
Gonna go with a B-. Relieved we didn't take Jones but I think Fields or Lance would've been there with a more modest trade up, thus saving a future first. Also would've taken Fields — he's more proven and any kind of weaknesses pointed out are a function of him having more tape out there to nitpick.

Also felt like they reached on Banks who was considered more of a mid round talent and they probably got burned getting cute in trading back when Samuel was there for the taking.

Sermon is nice but to trade two fours to get him was a reach and a luxury pick. We needed and wanted Samuel and Adebo and got stuck twice.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
F .

At least they tried.

Get out of town and turn in your fan card????
Originally posted by 9moon:
C - !!

today, today just convinced me even MORE than both Kyle and John " Don't Know Draft " !!!

C - !!

today, today just convinced me even MORE than both Kyle and John " Don't Know Draft " !!!

Just because you've won 'Executive of The Year' a record three straight times playing Madden doesn't give you the right to criticize Kyle and John for thier decisions. Now go tell your mom you're out of "Hot Pockets" chop chop!

it's a freakin forum, we are allowed to share our opinion..

at least i still have a MOM !! Where was your mom last night ??
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Anyone who was losing their s**t about drafting Jones should give this draft a B minimum for that alone. The lead up to this draft was classic.

I'm very happy with the draft. Fields was my #1, but I'm also excited about Lance. His development will be interesting. His biggest issue was lack of reps and that doesn't really get fixed on the sideline. No doubt he's not ready yet, but it will be interesting to see how we bring him along.

2 x OL I'm ecstatic about. No more leftovers, no discount buys. We actually invested in guys we believe we can develop and fit into the line. Remains to be seen what the end results are, but happy so far.

2 x DB. It's nice when draft need meets BPA and listening to Lynch/Kyle that seems to be what happened. Neither of them will be required to start right away so they can sit back and develop.

2 x RB. Like others the second RB surprised me, but with the way we churn through them it doesn't hurt to have an extra one. If we had gone 2 of the same type I would have liked it less, but I'm happy to wait and see on this one.

Best part is that apart from maybe RG there's no pressure on any of these guys to start immediately. More depth never hurts.

I can't give it a B because I feel that LANCE just did not have enough games to worth the TOP 10... that 's just my opinion.. I'm happier that we took him over Mac, but that's because I also did not see MAC worth TOP 10..

and personally, EVERYONE should do wonders during workout, heck, no D there so how can you NOT ??

But I also remember the MAMULA - LAWSON - ALEX SMITH - JAMARCUS - MANZEL work out and how GREAT they were... and look at the result...

I can't and won't give any players HIGH GRADES based on their workout, I didn't think Wilson was that much of a player until I saw him play all year long.. his arm and delivery reminded me of JAY CUTLER but we all know Wilson is a better athlete..

I like the two OG and Ambry, but did not like the two RBs and so-so with Lenoir.

this is why I gave it a C-
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
F .

At least they tried.

Get out of town and turn in your fan card????
C - !!

C - !!

Just because you've won 'Executive of The Year' a record three straight times playing Madden doesn't give you the right to criticize Kyle and John for thier decisions. Now go tell your mom you're out of "Hot Pockets" chop chop!

it's a freakin forum, we are allowed to share our opinion..

at least i still have a MOM !! Where was your mom last night ??

Both of you, can the Mom idiocy or go away.
Aside from Lance (which was probably more excitement over it not being Jones), how many picks made you scream f**k YEAH!!!! Or "wow what a steal!"

We can only grade the process, as we don't yet know how the picks themselves will pan out. In the end, I'm not sure our day 2 was the best use of resources, and I'm not sure that this draft assuredly filled our most glaring needs.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on May 2, 2021 at 11:32 AM ]
Common theme with SF, they draft athletes.

Originally posted by NC49er:
Not sure where you went to school but you better ask for a refund from the math department.

2 1sts and a 3rd is almost certainly worth more than your standard 7 round arsenal of picks in a given year. Always great to get a math lecture from the geniuses of the webzone.
[ Edited by dhp318 on May 2, 2021 at 12:13 PM ]
I love the discussion personally

But I think it's premature to give a draft grade at this point

Keep in mind the 2017 draft class got an A by everybody just from the first two picks alone

Not to mention there's only two guys from that draft that are still on the team currently

Think about that for a second

Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I didn't know next year's draft consisted of only a first and third round and then only a first round in 2023.

2 1sts and a 3rd is roughly an entire draft worth of capital (and honestly probably more)

Welp no need for you to tune in next year and year after that since we won't be picking then sunshine.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
A++++++++++++++++++++++++

We entered the 21st century and finally got ourselves a Franchise QB - who is a dual threat - got a cannon for an arm - and can do some crazy fun things outside the pocket!

Nothing else matters!

This draft was A++++++++++++++++++++++ the moment we called Trey Lance and told him he's the next Franchise QB of the Forty9ers!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Welp no need for you to tune in next year and year after that since we won't be picking then sunshine.

Always great to see fans get their panties in a bunch whenever another fan isn't sucking off their favorite team.
A for not drafting Mac Jones
Originally posted by Chez:
where's the D option?

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
D

Deez nutz
Share 49ersWebzone