LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Draft Grade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Draft Grade

Lets hear your opinions. I'd have to go with either A- or B+ . Defintley helped solidify the line with the two lineman drafted. And I had Trey Sermon going to the 9ers in my mock draft, tough guy fights for extra yards, monster run average. Depth in the backfield which was a priority. Obviously Trey Lance which is exciting but well see how he converts. Just thought we could have used some WR depth in the last round instead of another running back.
F+.

At least they tried.
A+, on the strength of the first three picks, which will be cornerstones on this team for 5, 6, 7 years.
D
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I like Lance, don't know how to feel about the rest of the guys, love the positions we drafted. I can never tell who's gonna be good in the nfl so I trust the Niners. B+
[ Edited by JMC52 on May 1, 2021 at 4:53 PM ]
It comes down to Trey Lance. If the dude is a pro bowl / All-pro type, then you got the most important position in sports figures out for potentially 15 years. If he's not amazing, then it's gonna be pretty bad.

I do like the power running feel of this draft. Surprised they didn't draft a WR, but maybe Hurd can be healthy.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
B+. I still think they had to spend too much the get Lance, but I also think that he was a very good pick. A solid guard in the 2nd and another solid RB for an offense that is centered on the run was nice. The DB's are projects and the second RB may or may not be on the roster by the start of the season. Given Covid and not a whole lot to go on last year, I think the 49ers did well.
2 running backs? No edge? Very easy to be cynical. We do this every. Lose our needs perspective for some fluffy offensive player that no one else has any vibe on. Beathard Hurd Pettis Williams. Add Tre to the list even if he turns out decent. No different this year
A-

Really, it could be an A+ or a C+ depending on how Trey Lance turns out in 5 years. Lets be honest
Solid B for to start just based on positions filled after Lance. We'll see how it looks in the next six months to three years.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
A-

Really, it could be an A+ or a C+ depending on how Trey Lance turns out in 5 years. Lets be honest

This
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
C - !!

today, today just convinced me even MORE than both Kyle and John " Don't Know Draft " !!!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
where's the D option?
Originally posted by 9moon:
C - !!

today, today just convinced me even MORE than both Kyle and John " Don't Know Draft " !!!

I thought the draft was very good A-/B+ range. But it'll depend on Lance. Could be A+++/F. But I thought they addressed key positions and got at least 2 or 3 day 1 starters.
B+

I like they addressed the key need positions but not in love with the 2 running back picks. I like the players themselves but drafting 2 is a bit much
Share 49ersWebzone