Draft Grade

Originally posted by SkyZer0:
how you gonna leave out D lol

See post above

Or last page... lol
[ Edited by Howlett49 on May 2, 2021 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Welp no need for you to tune in next year and year after that since we won't be picking then sunshine.

Always great to see fans get their panties in a bunch whenever another fan isn't sucking off their favorite team.

Sucking off? What you said is factually incorrect. Always fun to see fans try to knock something with wrong information then get their panties in a bunch when the L gets placed on forehead
Sucking off? What you said is factually incorrect. Always fun to see fans try to knock something with wrong information then get their panties in a bunch when the L gets placed on forehead

2 1sts is roughly equivalent to a full draft's worth of picks. So yes, for this draft we spent 2 years worth of draft capital. It's really not all that controversial or complicated to understand.
[ Edited by dhp318 on May 2, 2021 at 1:05 PM ]
I don't think it was a particularly good draft, but of course it's just a matter of whether the picks hit. Just not much bang for 2 entire drafts worth of capital.

I didn't know next year's draft consisted of only a first and third round and then only a first round in 2023.

2 1sts is roughly equivalent to a full draft's worth of picks. So yes, for this draft we spent 2 years worth of draft capital. It's really not all that controversial or complicated to understand.

First you said entire drafts worth. Then the backpedal to roughly equivalent to full drafts worth. Apparently it's too controversial and complicated for the guy posting the doodoo. Keep the pace and next year when there is a thread discussing that draft class you can be like the media and fully backpedal. Then in 2023, when we have all of our picks except the first one, maybe you can stop the backpedal and move forward like I am right now ending this stupid discussion 👍
What's the backpedal? We spent two entire drafts with of capital. This year's draft plus the two future 1sts which is equivalent to another draft. You're getting all worked up and I still have no idea what you're mad about except that now you're ranting about the media.
A+
Because for the first time in my life I genuinely believe we found our elite franchise QB. Everything else is gravy.

I wish we would have addressed the WR and KR position but I think we still have time to see who gets cut and sign someone off another team's roster.

I was high on Sermon and Hufunga. I'm a little worried about the Banks kid but we will see.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
A+
Because for the first time in my life I genuinely believe we found our elite franchise QB. Everything else is gravy.

I wish we would have addressed the WR and KR position but I think we still have time to see who gets cut and sign someone off another team's roster.

I was high on Sermon and Hufunga. I'm a little worried about the Banks kid but we will see.

That last draft pick, the second RB, most likely is the KR/PR help
B+ and A- is the majority here happy to see most of the users on this forum are smart
Not very excited about it. The whole draft grade and franchise honestly, hinge on how Lance turns out. I've read some things that give me hope but I just don't see it the way most here do.
outside of him, I don't really see any impact guys. Sermon had some big games but I hated when and how we got him. Played one play in the title game and got hurt.
my two favorite picks were our last two, Hufanga and Mitchell. I think Hufanga will be an early contributor on special teams and a useful role player. I can also see Mitchell being a perfect fit and actually better than Sermon, and a future starter if things break right.
I have hope that one of the corners can start down the line. Same with the O linemen. Banks is a monster but will he fit our scheme? I trust Shanny there.
This will sound homerish but I can't believe we didn't take any SEC players. A lot of these guys wouldn't have started at Bama
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Totally get the 2 CBs but not 2 RBS.

Not sure why people are puzzled about two RBs when basically every other RB is on a one year deal, injury prone or both. Now you get Sermon and Mitchell locked in on cheap four year deals.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not sure why people are puzzled about two RBs when basically every other RB is on a one year deal, injury prone or both. Now you get Sermon and Mitchell locked in on cheap four year deals.

Plus Shanny uses a RB by committee approach. It's also one of the most physically demanding positions and we need healthy young bodies. I don't understand why people don't see these things. They like to complain before they even think things through.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Third round with a trade up is a reach, 4th is the earliest any RB should be picked. It's really the only reason I'm grading as A- and not higuer because the rest of the draft was great
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Third round with a trade up is a reach, 4th is the earliest any RB should be picked. It's really the only reason I'm grading as A- and not higuer because the rest of the draft was great

If the talent is compelling enough, I don't see the issue. You can only maximize UDFA RBs for so long. It's amazing how the same people will have vastly different standards for QBs versus RBs.

Just as people want a QB that can make a play when the offense breaks down, you want a RB that can produce yards even when the blocking isn't perfect and they have to go and create something on their own, especially late in games when you have a lead.

These moves weren't just about wanting to run, but run at will, even when the defense is expecting it. This was about it being the 4th quarter of the SB, the defense is stacking the box and you go ahead and run the football down their throat anyways.
Good draft on the offensive side, but defense will suffer this year. I just hope the defense can get off the field. There isn't enough speed on the backend of the defense.
A-

Idc whoever it was, you need to take a chance if you wanna get a star qb. We did that with Lance, who is the most moldable player with probably the best situation aside from mac and the pats.

The rest of the draft on the offensive side shows we wanna get physical and thinking ahead with drafting 2 backs with not a lot of other backs signed through this year. I don't think we will give sermon and Mitchell big 2nd contracts but I think we can make the most out of them while they're here.

Brooks and Moore makes it seem we wanna run the ball a ton so we can protect jimmy and help out lance whenever he plays.

The corners we got seem promising but tbh I haven't watched much besides to top qbs this year cause of lack of time lol but I'm excited to see what they got.

The USC safety seems to be our next gunner, hybrid SS/LB. Hope he stays healthy cause I think he can be at least a solid starter at the most.

Draft grades right after don't make sense so we gotta wait a couple of years to truly grade it. But Lance's success makes or breaks this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone