Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by evil:
Can we get some breakdown of Jimmie Ward in this game? With him stepping in for T-Moore, would like to see some breakdown of both good and bad.

well he passed the eye test on the telecast. made some nice tackles. didnt get beat. oh and no injuries. so, A+..

That long Chubb run was a great example of Ward taking the right angle and cutting off the sideline. That goes house against a lot of FS's. Earl Thomas took a horrible angle on Chubbs long TD run the week before and whoever it was on Cleveland got straight toasted on Breidas big run. I thought ward played above average for sure.

Yup. I'd say that was the only play where Ward was on the spot and he didn't mess up like the safety on Breida's run, or TMoore on a couple big gains by PIT and CIN. Ward was not tested in pass coverage so there's not much to say regarding his deep zone coverage.

Thanks. Just had curiosity with a different starter on the back end as to whether there was more good and or bad than what our eyes can see from the broadcast version we got.

Wassup y'all. It's so much better watching winning football, isn't it?

Many said this game would be the team's toughest test yet, and the game didn't disappoint. It was a tough game in a lot of ways but also one where, aside from the first drive, never seemed to be out of hand and we seemed to be in control. Lots of coaching chess matches going and it was fun to watch.

Offense - we obviously were trying to limit our tackles exposure through the game so we leaned on the rushing attack. LA's line knew from the get go that would probably be our strategy so there was a lot of slugging it out in the trenches. The difference was that Jimmy G was able to convert a ton of first downs in the game on 3rd down and keep drives going.

Defense - they are who we thought they were. This defense is looking special. Able to contain one of the most explosive offenses in the league to fewer yards than the NE Patriots were in last years SB. Each week they seem to be getting better.

Lots of good stuff to get to so I'll skip straight to the first video link and get to working on my next video!
It seemed like we used even more jet motion with MG to contain the pursuit as well. I know we've used it a bunch but sunday seemed like it was a point of emphasis. I don't know if the film reflected my thoughts.
"Liked"
Got your new mic? Sounding good!
Originally posted by cortana49:

It's actually an old mic, just finally got the hookup system working right
.be
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by cortana49:

It's actually an old mic, just finally got the hookup system working right

Ah, nice. Made a huge difference!
Wassup y'all. It's so much better watching winning football, isn't it?

Many said this game would be the team's toughest test yet, and the game didn't disappoint. It was a tough game in a lot of ways but also one where, aside from the first drive, never seemed to be out of hand and we seemed to be in control. Lots of coaching chess matches going and it was fun to watch.

Offense - we obviously were trying to limit our tackles exposure through the game so we leaned on the rushing attack. LA's line knew from the get go that would probably be our strategy so there was a lot of slugging it out in the trenches. The difference was that Jimmy G was able to convert a ton of first downs in the game on 3rd down and keep drives going.

Defense - they are who we thought they were. This defense is looking special. Able to contain one of the most explosive offenses in the league to fewer yards than the NE Patriots were in last years SB. Each week they seem to be getting better.

Lots of good stuff to get to so I'll skip straight to the first video link and get to working on my next video!

Only because Shanahan and Garoppolo made it tough; Garoppolo with some silly throws and Shanahan with his ridiculous play calling. Thank goodness for the defense.

• evil
  • Veteran
Jonny (or THL)

Given you get to watch the All22 while most are stuck with broadcast only, how has Greenlaw looked thru the first 5 games from that perspective?
.be

Love this from Jimmy. People don't seem to realize how often he converts on third down to keep our offense moving. I posted this in the Jimmy G thread but I'll drop it in here too.

There's so many times this season we have been 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8 and Jimmy makes the big throw to keep the chains moving. I went backed and looked for the year and Jimmy is
25 of 44 on 3rd down with 3 TD's and 1 Int (should be 4 TD's but Coleman dropped that easy one). That's about a 55% conversion rate which is incredibly high. For context, the highest since 2001 is Big Ben at 47%.

So many people are trying to minimize what he means for our offense and our team. He's a very good QB who has the potential to become elite and he still hasn't started a full season.
The team needs to finish drives with positive outcome. I thought Shanny made some great calls to convert and continue the drive.
Always enjoy the work you (Jonneydel) and THL put out for us!

Well done!
Share 49ersWebzone