There are 212 users in the forums

Likely traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Marquise Goodwin get rid of the Olympian dreamer now!!!

Dafuq he's exceeding expectations for sure

Yeah, I don't understand the hate toward Goodwin. He has been electric on the field. The time he missed was due to a HORRIFIC family tragedy that goes far beyond football.

Even with the additions, he is the number 1 guy going into this season.

He's never been a number 1 guy we have tried to force to be but at best hes a solid #2, Pettis & Samuel will start the season 1 & 2 so why fight the inevitable, dude's days a 49er are numbered
I don't think Shanahan is very happy with Goodwin. That's just my gut feeling on that.

Drafting two back to back receivers is not exactly a vote of confidence. We have a lot of fast receivers who can stretch the field. You don't need to have track speed.

I think Pettis, Deebo, and Jalen Hurd are the only roster locks because of their draft status. The rest need to earn their job.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Apr 28, 2019 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I don't think Shanahan is very happy with Goodwin. That's just my gut feeling on that.

Drafting two back to back receivers is not exactly a vote of confidence. We have a lot of fast receivers who can stretch the field. You don't need to have track speed.

I think Pettis, Deebo, and Jalen Hurd are the only roster locks because of their draft status. The rest need to earn their job.

I agree. I remember Shannahan saying last year that Goodwin would be better with a reduced role. That's not really something you wanna hear your coach say about you lol
Breida - he's the most tradeable RB on the roster, and this was a weak RB class. And Shanny does not seem to trust him to run WR routes (compared to Jet and Coleman)
CJB - need the roster spot
any DL except Buckner, ST, Bosa, Ford, but doubt there would be any takers after a DL-heavy draft
WRs: Taylor, James, Bourne, Goodwin
OL: Garnett, Magnuson, Coleman
Trouble is, I don't think anybody besides Arik and Breida and maybe Thomas will command trade value - everyone else is such marginal talent other teams will just see if they get cut.

I think Arik and Thomas can be adequately replaced by Blair, Streeter, or another DL back-up. So trade those high draft picks now to at least get something in return.

Breida, I think he has huge value. I actually suspect Jerrick is more likely to be traded with Coleman on the roster now.
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Breida - he's the most tradeable RB on the roster, and this was a weak RB class. And Shanny does not seem to trust him to run [/b]WR routes (compared to Jet and Coleman)[b]
any DL except Buckner, ST, Bosa, Ford, but doubt there would be any takers after a DL-heavy draft

Bruh how can you possibly come to thst conclusion. We say Breida used heavily in the pass game. We haven't even seen the jet play a down in this system
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Trouble is, I don't think anybody besides Arik and Breida and maybe Thomas will command trade value - everyone else is such marginal talent other teams will just see if they get cut.

I think Arik and Thomas can be adequately replaced by Blair, Streeter, or another DL back-up. So trade those high draft picks now to at least get something in return.

Breida, I think he has huge value. I actually suspect Jerrick is more likely to be traded with Coleman on the roster now.

No team will trade for Jet due to his contract and coming off major injury
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I wish somebody would trade for CJB. I'd take a 2021 7th.
Brieda and AA are the only players who are tradeable. The others are getting cut and everyone knows it. That said, Brieda has shown his effectiveness, Jet hasn't shown anything so we have to keep Brieda. Plus hes not making much money anyway to hurt the cap
  • Kolohe
I don't see Goodwin and Malcolm Smith making it to the 53. I don't think AA is a goner yet, wouldn't mind seeing one of them traded for a Safety.

Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Breida - he's the most tradeable RB on the roster, and this was a weak RB class. And Shanny does not seem to trust him to run WR routes (compared to Jet and Coleman)

So trade what little depth we have at o-line
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bethard
Malcom Smith
Celek

BeatHard for a 6th, I'd be happy.

Do you think we could get a 5th for all 3??
Maybe Mullens/BeatHard if there's a sudden demand for QB depth.

Maybe Goodwin if they feel comfortable with the group. They may be trying to go a bit more horizontal to help out Garoppolo, so a pure deep threat might become expendable.

I sort of doubt defense because they will need the depth due to guys with injury histories.
Malcolm Smith is a possibility but I don't think we get rid of solly because we really want to see what he can do if played mainly on the inside. If solly is a hit on the inside... watch out... This defense is going to be a monster.
Well, if we are doing this to save money, AA. If we are doing this based on talent, mmmmm...might be a good idea to keep AA around at least for this yr. Sub him in for either of DeFo or Solly...i could see that. Rotational . But we also have Blaiir, Day, DJJones, Julian, et al and based on that , sure i could see Arik gone if it were a money deal. Is he GTD right now? I thot so. So, keep him, and trade the least good DT...maybe even two of 'em.
Share 49erswebzone