There are 139 users in the forums

Likely traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • Kolohe
Originally posted by zonkers:
Maybe Mullens/BeatHard if there's a sudden demand for QB depth.

Maybe Goodwin if they feel comfortable with the group. They may be trying to go a bit more horizontal to help out Garoppolo, so a pure deep threat might become expendable.

I sort of doubt defense because they will need the depth due to guys with injury histories.

I say Goodwin because he's the one with the biggest contract and Shanahan already admitted to lowering his snap count. IMO, that's a sign of one foot out the door.
Buckner and Kittle. Maybe Warner.
Originally posted by Antix:
I remember Shanahan saying last year that Goodwin would be better with a reduced role. That's not really something you wanna hear your coach say about you lol

I remember that too...but I think the reasoning was that Goodwin is somewhat small and that with a somewhat limited role, he would be more effective because he wouldn't get as beaten up. When healthy, he is a serious weapon. He is one of the fastest players in the league and can also separate with his routes. The key is keeping him healthy. I see him as a great number 3 WR behind Pettis and Deebo. I also think the Niners may use more 3 WR sets this year with these new additions, particularly in the red zone.
Trade AA, use the cap space to help front load a long term extension for Buckner.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Jimmy, Coleman, Ford, bosa.
I do want to see a receiver traded for a guard.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Jimmy, Coleman, Ford, bosa.

Basically all the scrubs.
Don't know whats the fascination of getting rid of Goodwin when he's the one clear 4.3 take the top off the d. We drafted 2 wrs who don't have that speed and haven't seen in the nfl level if opposing teams will respect their deep speed. Goodwin will be perfect in a limited role and less prone to injuries
I think the slot guys are all in a big battle. not sure they are going to get something back in a trade, but there are too many of them.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Maybe Mullens/BeatHard if there's a sudden demand for QB depth.

Maybe Goodwin if they feel comfortable with the group. They may be trying to go a bit more horizontal to help out Garoppolo, so a pure deep threat might become expendable.

I sort of doubt defense because they will need the depth due to guys with injury histories.

I say Goodwin because he's the one with the biggest contract and Shanahan already admitted to lowering his snap count. IMO, that's a sign of one foot out the door.

Goodwin is still the best proven WR on our team IMO, top 2 at least. These rookies haven't proved anything yet. One of them might not even play full time WR.
He's also one of the best deep threats in the game and the only one on our team. Teams have to shade a safety to his side because of that. Ya he's pretty injury prone, but because we were terrible a WR, he was asked to do more than he probably should have. That's the reason IMO Kyle want to reduce his snap, not his talent. So of course last year he would struggle without Jimmy in, Beathard and Mullens are terrible deep ball throwers.

Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Marquise Goodwin get rid of the Olympian dreamer now!!!

Dafuq he's exceeding expectations for sure

Yeah, I don't understand the hate toward Goodwin. He has been electric on the field. The time he missed was due to a HORRIFIC family tragedy that goes far beyond football.

Even with the additions, he is the number 1 guy going into this season.

x2, boggles the mind for those calling for Goodwin departure
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Breida - he's the most tradeable RB on the roster, and this was a weak RB class. And Shanny does not seem to trust him to run [/b]WR routes (compared to Jet and Coleman)[b]
CJB - need the roster spot
any DL except Buckner, ST, Bosa, Ford, but doubt there would be any takers after a DL-heavy draft
WRs: Taylor, James, Bourne, Goodwin
OL: Garnett, Magnuson, Coleman

Bruh how can you possibly come to thst conclusion. We say Breida used heavily in the pass game. We haven't even seen the jet play a down in this system

Im with you Lam0ntb how could that conclusion even be thought of concerning Breida
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:
Goodwin is still the best proven WR on our team IMO, top 2 at least. These rookies haven't proved anything yet. One of them might not even play full time WR.
He's also one of the best deep threats in the game and the only one on our team. Teams have to shade a safety to his side because of that. Ya he's pretty injury prone, but because we were terrible a WR, he was asked to do more than he probably should have. That's the reason IMO Kyle want to reduce his snap, not his talent. So of course last year he would struggle without Jimmy in, Beathard and Mullens are terrible deep ball throwers.

Totally agree.
I honestly don't see us trading away guys that could contribute for us unless they're clearly beat out by younger guys. AA and ST are going to be competing for snaps, doubtful one of them breaks out in camp & we trade the other. Same thing at RB. Not trading Brieda, Jets value is low & we just signed Coleman.
We're gonna let those situations play out imo.

Only a few players fit the trade criteria imo:
Celek
M.Smith
Nelson (if the cheaper LS plays well)
Goodwin (multiple young WRs would need to look good to abandon the role Shanny has in mind for him I think).
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bethard
Malcom Smith
Celek

BeatHard for a 6th, I'd be happy.

Beathard for an open roster spot would work for me.
Share 49erswebzone