LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Likely traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I don't think Shanahan is very happy with Goodwin. That's just my gut feeling on that.

Drafting two back to back receivers is not exactly a vote of confidence. We have a lot of fast receivers who can stretch the field. You don't need to have track speed.

I think Pettis, Deebo, and Jalen Hurd are the only roster locks because of their draft status. The rest need to earn their job.

I don't think he is unhappy with Goodwin, it is a matter of what and how he wants to use him, he just doesn't want to use him as an every down WR type.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Can we trade Jed York?

Please! I'll take a low 7th round in 2025!

And get Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones.

What has Daniel Snyder done? No thank you. Jerry Jones is a smart businessman yes. Take away Jimmy and he is nothing. His son is the glue that holds it together recently if you read about the cowboys, he wanted to do several questionable moves but his son got him to reconsider.

Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Football.
Why do people feel that we have to trade or think the niners need to trade players? So obsessed with draft picks that they in turned get obsessed when said pick does not turn into someone they fell in love with cause the media says so. It is one thing if we are in cap hell, but we are not. Depth is key or have people forgotten last year already?

Plus some of the people mentioned are good, but may have had an off season for what ever reason. Trent Taylor was a go to for Jimmy, but Jimmy got hurt and so did Trent. Especially when he has proven it and others have yet to do so. Same with Goodwin. Besides we don't have anyone like Goodwin. He is the deep treat to keep the Safety honest when he is in. I see Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, Hurd, Trent making the team and the battle for the sixth spot for others not named. In fact, Hurd plays the versatility of emergency TE, so the niners may only carry two on the 53.

Arik and Solomon, I want to see what they can do with a new DL coach and now that they have Bosa, maybe they will get to slide inside more where they belong. Arik is rated high as a run defender, yes this is a passing league, but you still got to stop the run or the other side will dictate and control what you try to do. Plus, since he is on his final year, who is gonna pay for a guy that is in his last year. Solomon had issues last year and is still cheap, but who is gonna give you anything for him when he has yet to prove anything yet? I can see some on the zone who want to trade him and if he breaks out on another team because we misused him or he manage to get his act together, the same people that wanted to trade him then b***h, why did we trade him. More likely one of or two of the guys like Blaiir, Day, DJ ones, and Julian, are on the bubble of being cut or traded. Street is a key for those guys.

Not against trading anybody, right now the season hasn't started or off season has not begun and people want to trade some of the people. Unless they get really good offers (unlikely).
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Can we trade Jed York?

What has Daniel Snyder done? No thank you. Jerry Jones is a smart businessman yes. Take away Jimmy and he is nothing. His son is the glue that holds it together recently if you read about the cowboys, he wanted to do several questionable moves but his son got him to reconsider.

Yep! But it was his eldest that got him to reconsider and draft an OL if I remember.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I don't think Shanahan is very happy with Goodwin. That's just my gut feeling on that.

Drafting two back to back receivers is not exactly a vote of confidence. We have a lot of fast receivers who can stretch the field. You don't need to have track speed.

I think Pettis, Deebo, and Jalen Hurd are the only roster locks because of their draft status. The rest need to earn their job.

I don't think he is unhappy with Goodwin, it is a matter of what and how he wants to use him, he just doesn't want to use him as an every down WR type.

Yeah he's not unhappy with Goodwin, he said he doesn't want to use him as much as before, and it makes sense. Use him as a deep threat, and with his speed he should be able to outrun any DB. I have no issue if he wants to try for the 2020 Olympics, it's not during the season, if the 49ers are ok with it, then I am too.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Can we trade Jed York?

I'll go C, neither Jerry or Snyder. Snyder threw away future picks for RG3.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'll call Tampa Bay right now and offer them Jimmy " Lame " Ward, Aweak Arhurts, Goodwin the Olympian for McCoy !!??

Heck, get rid of those 3 and I'll even offer a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder ..
Why do people feel that we have to trade or think the niners need to trade players? So obsessed with draft picks that they in turned get obsessed when said pick does not turn into someone they fell in love with cause the media says so. It is one thing if we are in cap hell, but we are not. Depth is key or have people forgotten last year already?

Plus some of the people mentioned are good, but may have had an off season for what ever reason. Trent Taylor was a go to for Jimmy, but Jimmy got hurt and so did Trent. Especially when he has proven it and others have yet to do so. Same with Goodwin. Besides we don't have anyone like Goodwin. He is the deep treat to keep the Safety honest when he is in. I see Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, Hurd, Trent making the team and the battle for the sixth spot for others not named. In fact, Hurd plays the versatility of emergency TE, so the niners may only carry two on the 53.

Arik and Solomon, I want to see what they can do with a new DL coach and now that they have Bosa, maybe they will get to slide inside more where they belong. Arik is rated high as a run defender, yes this is a passing league, but you still got to stop the run or the other side will dictate and control what you try to do. Plus, since he is on his final year, who is gonna pay for a guy that is in his last year. Solomon had issues last year and is still cheap, but who is gonna give you anything for him when he has yet to prove anything yet? I can see some on the zone who want to trade him and if he breaks out on another team because we misused him or he manage to get his act together, the same people that wanted to trade him then b***h, why did we trade him. More likely one of or two of the guys like Blaiir, Day, DJ ones, and Julian, are on the bubble of being cut or traded. Street is a key for those guys.

Not against trading anybody, right now the season hasn't started or off season has not begun and people want to trade some of the people. Unless they get really good offers (unlikely).

I don't get it either. Only trade someone if they're gonna be cut, like say someone is better than Garnett, see if we can get something like a 7th, if not, cut him. Don't trade for the sake of trading and getting more picks.

I want to see Goodwin, Solly and AA, also want to see what the new DL Coach can do with guys like AA and Solly. I think DJ is a lock, only true NT, and we cut Mitchell, so he makes it. Blair could be beaten out by someone like the UDFA Jamell Garcia-Williams or the vet Damontre Moore, then you trade Blair if you're cutting him, get a 7th.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'll call Tampa Bay right now and offer them Jimmy " Lame " Ward, Aweak Arhurts, Goodwin the Olympian for McCoy !!??

Heck, get rid of those 3 and I'll even offer a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder ..

Why would we trade for a 3T when we have one of the best in Buckner already? Makes no sense. Goodwin and AA are still good players, I'm not keen on Ward, but I'll give this new pass rush a chance to see the DBs improve.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I say Goodwin because he's the one with the biggest contract and Shanahan already admitted to lowering his snap count. IMO, that's a sign of one foot out the door.

Lowering the snap count is not a sign, not in todays or Kyle's mind. It is about keeping him fresh. Not play so much where the more you play the more susceptible to injury. He said that while it is nice to have an Julio, you don't need them, he would rather spread the ball around so the QB doesn't have to get the ball in a particular player's hand to get them involve. Goodwin serves a need of being able to take the top off so that there are not extra players in the box, as Goodwin has shown, he is not just a deep threat anymore either. The thing about getting more players (wr) on board to play, is that in theory the D will have to study more film of players as well as formations. Making game preparations harder.

As of right now contract considerations are pointless since we don't have a cap problem.

Watch, any wr we cut will end up in Seattle.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Trade AA, use the cap space to help front load a long term extension for Buckner.

They can extend and front load now with no problem. Cap space is not an issue. Problem is that bother sides want to wait to assess what his real value is going to be.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I don't get it either. Only trade someone if they're gonna be cut, like say someone is better than Garnett, see if we can get something like a 7th, if not, cut him. Don't trade for the sake of trading and getting more picks.

I want to see Goodwin, Solly and AA, also want to see what the new DL Coach can do with guys like AA and Solly. I think DJ is a lock, only true NT, and we cut Mitchell, so he makes it. Blair could be beaten out by someone like the UDFA Jamell Garcia-Williams or the vet Damontre Moore, then you trade Blair if you're cutting him, get a 7th.
When it comes to nose tackle, I get it, just don't overlook someone who is not prototypical of the position for any position. Especially if you got the numbers. UDFA John Randle was small for his position of DT. One of the reasons he did not get drafted. Remember the saints LBs back in the day, Mills and company were small.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Brieda and AA are the only players who are tradeable. The others are getting cut and everyone knows it. That said, Brieda has shown his effectiveness, Jet hasn't shown anything so we have to keep Brieda. Plus hes not making much money anyway to hurt the cap

Mostert averaged 7.7 yds per carry and is a much tougher runner than Breida. We have added several special teams players and although none of them may approach Mostert's talent, he makes Breida expendable, although I feel much more secure with 4 RBs given our injury history.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I could see any of the following traded assuming they aren't just cut

Trent Taylor
Marquise Goodwin
Garret Celek
Arik Armsted/Solomon Thomas (doubtful imo)
Malcolm Smith

no way Taylor gets cut or traded yet.

Thomas and AA could be traded though.

Malcom is a cut, celek a cut, goodwin surprise cut.
Share 49ersWebzone