By position, my guesses of most available players to be on the block:

QB C.J. Beathard
RB Jeffrey Wilson
WR Trent Taylor, Kendrick Bourne, Richie James
OL Joshua Garnett
DL Ronald Blair, Arik Armstead
CB Ahkello Witherspoon, DJ Reed
S Jaqusiki Tartt

Takers though? That's another story. What teams need any of these positions/depth help out there? QB? Maybe Jaguars, Chiefs, Bills. All other positions it's anyone's guess. There's plenty of teams all around the league that could use a RB, WR, OL/DL, or DB.

Good list. I thing Garnett is the most probable. Teams will want him once a couple guys go down in pre-season (this goes for the 49ers too, so injury, could end up keeping him on the team).

Injuries certainly could dictate the future for several players both here and around the league. Hopefully for our sake, we can make it out of the pre-season really healthy, and keep it that way into the regular season too.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Problem is we are no position to trade anyone tradable. Aa maybe, but who would do that?

Almost anyone needing a 3-4 de.

Not for 9mm on a one year contract ...
Problem is we are no position to trade anyone tradable. Aa maybe, but who would do that?

Almost anyone needing a 3-4 de.

Not for 9mm on a one year contract ...

Yeah, I think the only way a trade gets made is if the team that acquires AA negotiates at least a three year deal where his yearly salary will probably average below $9 million but gives him a good amount of up front money and the security of a longer contract. The only other situation might be if a team gets in a bad bind with their d-line and badly needs a good run-stopper/fair inside pass rusher-disruptor and is desperate enough to take on the rest of his contract this year. Will there be any teams that fit the bill? I have no idea. Of course, the 9ers may look at what they can get in a compensatory pick (as somebody pointed out to me earlier) if they release him after this year and figure a trade isn't worth it unless another team offers a really good deal.

Most likely AA will be here for the whole season and then only work out a longer contract with the team if Thomas badly falters in his development. I think Thomas will be better this year, so it seems most likely to me AA will play here all year (if not injured) and then be released.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Celek is a good backup, he is not garbage.

i think there is a reason why they drafted a tight end and its not to try to hide him on a practice squad. its for him to take celeks job away and i hope he does

let's be honest, 6th round picks aren't ever drafted to take anyone's job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Celek is a good backup, he is not garbage.

i think there is a reason why they drafted a tight end and its not to try to hide him on a practice squad. its for him to take celeks job away and i hope he does

let's be honest, 6th round picks aren't ever drafted to take anyone's job.

ok,, how about to light a fire under celek. i do not care what round they were drafted in.. i think every single pass catcher on our team. aside from george,,,, should not set around , like they could last year. knowing they had a job cuz they had no one pushing them. the team added pettis and kept garcon. well i think kyle found out. he needed to shake it up.i am rooting for this guy to take celeks job and i do not think we will carry three tight ends
Originally posted by English:
And get Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones.

At least they didn't see the wisdom of hiring a position coach and making them Head Coach. Our young pimple faced owner did it twice. (Singletary/Tomsula).
Nor would they listen to a Front Office claiming they were the reason for reaching the Super Bowl, and send the HC off to a college in Michigan.
This. Most trade talk presumes we are smart and our trading partners are dumb as dirt and will give us value for our non-value players we would like to dump. Yet it never works out that way beyond these speculations.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by English:
And get Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones.

At least they didn't see the wisdom of hiring a position coach and making them Head Coach. Our young pimple faced owner did it twice. (Singletary/Tomsula).
Nor would they listen to a Front Office claiming they were the reason for reaching the Super Bowl, and send the HC off to a college in Michigan.

Yep, because of those things Jed owed us Shanahan and a real shot at a string of winning seasons.
I don't see Goodwin getting traded. He provides a value as a deep threat and rotational player. I don't see AA getting traded. I see him rotating with D.Ford during run downs. I see Beathard possibly getting traded to open a roster spot. Very few teams keep 3 QB's are the roster. I don't think any of the other players on the cut line have any trade value.
Originally posted by captainhook:
I don't see Goodwin getting traded. He provides a value as a deep threat and rotational player. I don't see AA getting traded. I see him rotating with D.Ford during run downs. I see Beathard possibly getting traded to open a roster spot. Very few teams keep 3 QB's are the roster. I don't think any of the other players on the cut line have any trade value.

We may keep 3 QBs if jimmy suffers a set back. Agree about Goodwin, when he's healthy and not suffering tragedies he's solid

Share 49ersWebzone