LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 253 users in the forums

What bothers you about the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
What bothers me most is the feeling that somewhere behind the scenes is a John York who is controlling the expenditures that Jed York can spend on any given year. There is only so much allocated and that the team is on a strict budget, which explains why they haven't spent much on Free Agencies and trades through all the years that the Yorks have owned the team.

Yes, they've picked up a quality player here and there, but I'll bet that if you were to compare their expenditures via trades and free agencies, you'll find that they're well behind most all other teams. It's no surprise that other teams have been able to outbid them on players they desire. But who knows, maybe John Lynch can make it all work at some point in time. JMO

Yeah, this reeks of moneyball and Paraag controlling the budget for his buddy, Jed.

Under both FO regimes, they spent big on QB and virtually did nothing after that.

There seems to be consistent patterns already revealing themselves.

A lot of the same terminology too: aggressively prudent and aggressive with parameters.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 28, 2018 at 10:47 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Harbaugh's 8-8 season would be celebrated at this point!

i ripped jh bad in the last half of 8 8. i would so take that and him back in a new york second
What bothers me most is the feeling that somewhere behind the scenes is a John York who is controlling the expenditures that Jed York can spend on any given year. There is only so much allocated and that the team is on a strict budget, which explains why they haven't spent much on Free Agencies and trades through all the years that the Yorks have owned the team.

Yes, they've picked up a quality player here and there, but I'll bet that if you were to compare their expenditures via trades and free agencies, you'll find that they're well behind most all other teams. It's no surprise that other teams have been able to outbid them on players they desire. But who knows, maybe John Lynch can make it all work at some point in time. JMO

Of course John York controls that. Jed is just a front man. A face man. The fans were ready to run John York out of town. So the 49ers needed a new front man for the public and press. But it would be super naive to think the parents aren't involved in the financials of this team. They are not going to turn over a multi billion dollar organization to their kid.
The fans. Especially those who think they know better than the present regime. I don't claim to know anything, but those who are negative and pretend to know everything are annoyingly full of s**t.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Oct 28, 2018 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Of course John York controls that. Jed is just a front man. A face man. The fans were ready to run John York out of town. So the 49ers needed a new front man for the public and press. But it would be super naive to think the parents aren't involved in the financials of this team. They are not going to turn over a multi billion dollar organization to their kid.

this.

as long as the Yorks are in charge, don't expect a SB.
Acceptance of mediocrity or worse
Great thread idea.

I'm frustrated how they always find a way to lose no matter how well they played.
The idea that there is a plan but there is no plan.
The defense.
Buckner, Sherman, Ward (when healthy and the FS version), and Blair seem like the only guys who understand what they are supposed to do.
What bothers me about the 49ers?

Everything.

that it seems we're even further behind than last season at this point of time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i ripped jh bad in the last half of 8 8. i would so take that and him back in a new york second

Or a Jed York second.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
The fans. Especially those who think they know better than the present regime. I don't claim to know anything, but those who are negative and pretend to know everything are annoyingly full of s**t.

I don't know a lot but I know this is some of the worst football being played right now.
I'm most disappointed by the sophmore performances of guys that looked like very good draft picks last year. Foster, Witherspoon and Colbert have been crap. (and Solomon Thomas goes without saying)..

I've not been impressed with their decision making in FA. On one hand, they say they don't want to over-spend, which is fine, except that they retained mediocre (at best) talent like Ward and Armstead for very heafty salaries, then went out and got a backup RB for 10 mil per year, who doesn't seem to be any better than Matt Breida.

Meanwhile, look at the talent the Rams brought in to their secondary.

Also, what are we going to do about LT next year if Staley retires (which seems probable). We basically gave away one of the best pass protecting tackles in the league. STUUUUPID!
What bothers me is every off-season we sign new coaches, sign free agents, read mad dogs report like the bible.

We get caught up that things are going to change. Spend our off hours looking for news, talking to the guys in the pl, looking for some sign of hope.

Then we start 0-9 and 1-7.

Another year wasted hoping something good was coming. Maybe a wildcard. Maybe a division title.

No. Just wasting time on this team for another year.

I love my team, but this is getting old.
Share 49ersWebzone