LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

What bothers you about the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Come to think of it I wanted Mahommes, Cousins or Trubisky but I guess hindsight is always 20/20
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
TOs, stupid penalties, shooting themselves in the foot, grinding on each other at practice while bumpin Lil Wayne
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:
Come to think of it I wanted Mahommes, Cousins or Trubisky but I guess hindsight is always 20/20

Welcome! I don't agree with Mitch he is wildly inaccurate and he has almost thrown five or six interceptions in the end zone alone. He really can't throw deep, he misses so many throws. I am so happy we did not get him.

Cousins would've been a nice get however he has two great receivers and a defense to bail him out. He's more of a game manager that makes plays here and there. One thing I don't like about cousins is his penchant for throwing interceptions when the game counts. So I think we got the best possible quarterback we could have. Time will tell
My beef is Lynch not having a successful FA signing to date. He was handed ungodly amounts of cap space from the previous GM due to us basically clearing out bad contracts, and rolling cap space. Lynch comes in, and spends a lot of money on guys who have contributed NOTHING. Garcon and M. Smith are starters, he signed Kerley, only to cut him a month or two later, and taking a good cap hit for it, instead of just letting Kerley walk in FA in the 1st place. This off season he signed Cooper+Attoachu as FA's only to cut them before the season. That's over 5 million thrown away on those 2 guys, to not play for us after signing them months earlier.
I understand we might have needed them, but don't guarantee such big portions of salary, if they're borderline roster guys. That's just wasting money, and yes we still have tons of cap space, but if Lynch never singed Garcon+M. Smith to bad contracts, and didn't just throw money away for absolutely nothing in return on guys like Cooper+Attoachu. Being more savvy with the cap space would allow us to get better FA's in the off season, and leave us with more money to keep our own FA's when they get to that point.
My issue is the ownership group acting like this is the same team as the old 49ers. They keep bringing in 49er greats, but this is all smoke and mirrors.

They just kept the uniform, team colors, and the logo.

Gone are Candlestick Park, Innovative Offensive football, dominant defense, and a committment to winning! All of this was brought upon by the new/cheap ownership group. No one in the building has a football mind and then they go ahead and tease us with 4 years of real football with Jim Harbaugh and then show the one real football mind this ownership group has ever known the door because he's too tough to work with.

This is all smoke and mirrors, the San Francisco 49ers no longer exist - it's the Santa Clara York 49ers now. With the same helmets and a museum and statues of the real 49ers hovering in the back ground.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Welcome! I don't agree with Mitch he is wildly inaccurate and he has almost thrown five or six interceptions in the end zone alone. He really can't throw deep, he misses so many throws. I am so happy we did not get him.

Cousins would've been a nice get however he has two great receivers and a defense to bail him out. He's more of a game manager that makes plays here and there. One thing I don't like about cousins is his penchant for throwing interceptions when the game counts. So I think we got the best possible quarterback we could have. Time will tell

I take it that you don't "like that" .... you're right about INTs when game is on the line (he choked in the past).

Aye congrats on the teaser last week (you won, right)
What bothers me most is the feeling that somewhere behind the scenes is a John York who is controlling the expenditures that Jed York can spend on any given year. There is only so much allocated and that the team is on a strict budget, which explains why they haven't spent much on Free Agencies and trades through all the years that the Yorks have owned the team.

Yes, they've picked up a quality player here and there, but I'll bet that if you were to compare their expenditures via trades and free agencies, you'll find that they're well behind most all other teams. It's no surprise that other teams have been able to outbid them on players they desire. But who knows, maybe John Lynch can make it all work at some point in time. JMO
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
My beef is Lynch not having a successful FA signing to date. He was handed ungodly amounts of cap space from the previous GM due to us basically clearing out bad contracts, and rolling cap space. Lynch comes in, and spends a lot of money on guys who have contributed NOTHING. Garcon and M. Smith are starters, he signed Kerley, only to cut him a month or two later, and taking a good cap hit for it, instead of just letting Kerley walk in FA in the 1st place. This off season he signed Cooper+Attoachu as FA's only to cut them before the season. That's over 5 million thrown away on those 2 guys, to not play for us after signing them months earlier.
I understand we might have needed them, but don't guarantee such big portions of salary, if they're borderline roster guys. That's just wasting money, and yes we still have tons of cap space, but if Lynch never singed Garcon+M. Smith to bad contracts, and didn't just throw money away for absolutely nothing in return on guys like Cooper+Attoachu. Being more savvy with the cap space would allow us to get better FA's in the off season, and leave us with more money to keep our own FA's when they get to that point.

Don't forget the 3 year extension they have to Kilgore's only to sign Wesburg 1 month or so later. Not sure what that cost them?

Looked it up, the Dolphins took the contract. No cost to Niners.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

Thanks man yeah I don't know. I'm just not sold on Garoppolo as much as the fan base. Last year he came in with zero pressure to win and played well with nothing on the line, a couple teams had the scrubs in. He doesn't have the arm strength in my opinion. Tank for Tua Tagovailoa in 2 years and we'll be contenders every year from year one.
The damn injuries every year. I miss the stud defense we always had. I used to get mad and say damn our offense sucks because we'd win by field goals. But damn looks like I'd rather have a dominating defense hahaha

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Injuries for 5 straight years now.

Is it still bad luck when it's 5 strait years in a row?

"Every team has injuries." LOL. My personal favorite.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
My issue is the ownership group acting like this is the same team as the old 49ers. They keep bringing in 49er greats, but this is all smoke and mirrors.

Gone are Candlestick Park, Innovative Offensive football, dominant defense, and a committment to winning! All of this was brought upon by the new/cheap ownership group. No one in the building has a football mind and then they go ahead and tease us with 4 years of real football with Jim Harbaugh and then show the one real football mind this ownership group has ever known the door because he's too tough to work with.

This is all smoke and mirrors, the San Francisco 49ers no longer exist - it's the Santa Clara York 49ers now. With the same helmets and a museum and statues of the real 49ers hovering in the back ground.
You're making me very sad, because this is nothing but the truth you type...At least I was in my seats and the seats of away stadiums during 2 SB, NFC Champ games and more..what a supreme treat that time was; the entire run of the Glory Days..

How low the mighty have fallen...frickin boo hooo
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Oct 28, 2018 at 1:42 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

truth. there was a real disconnect between the fans that supported this team for years at the stick and the ownership once they moved to this stadium.. do you not think there was a sign of bad things to come when the field was crap from the get go and jh went nuts which started the downward spiral that year that led to 8 8. his dismissal and what took place after that which we have still never recovered from.
Originally posted by cciowa:

truth. there was a real disconnect between the fans that supported this team for years at the stick and the ownership once they moved to this stadium.. do you not think there was a sign of bad things to come when the field was crap from the get go and jh went nuts which started the downward spiral that year that led to 8 8. his dismissal and what took place after that which we have still never recovered from.

Harbaugh's 8-8 season would be celebrated at this point!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Lynch needs to spend the money to win. We have the coaches in place in my opinion just need to get the talent. Some have blasted Saleh but he's trying to coach up young guys with the help of Sherman. Sherman has been the lone consistancy. The injuries suck to but after Jimmy went down, this team just tanked and not on purpose. We should have one a few games since Jimmy went down.
Share 49ersWebzone