There are 98 users in the forums

Jimmy G vs CJB

Jimmy G

CJ

That 3 games for CJ is really 2 games and one play.
[ Edited by ilikecheerleaders on Oct 13, 2018 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by ilikecheerleaders:
Jimmy G

CJ

Same, Same
Jimmy G

CJ

CJ also got the benefit of playing the Cardinals.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Same, Same

Yup. It's the same player they must be so similar because of that sample. I bet Jimmy Garoppolo would've lost to the chargers and Cardinals haha. I seriously can't stop laughing

We would've been 3-2 with Jimmy and 0-5 with C.J. But hey similar stats Huh?
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 13, 2018 at 8:44 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Jimmy G

CJ

CJ also got the benefit of playing the Cardinals.

Nah, I think we should have given CJ the $160 million. Because the stats are the same same.

SMH
For all of you maybe we can show some Tom Brady statistics how bad he's doing this year. And compare him to quarterbacks that are doing better than him. No? Come on guys let's do it you guys seem to be doing this ridiculous stuff so might as well do that as well
Tom Brady
A lot of great qbs have been struggling. Aaron Rodgers hasn't done that well at all he has had some wide receiver injuries to deal with but it's not like they had anyone good injured. I still think he is a top two quarterback but if we're judging people this year he certainly is not playing like one. Getting dump trucked by Detroit and a few other teams, holding the ball too long missing easy throws and so on.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 13, 2018 at 10:21 AM ]
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Cassel

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
If all you had to go on to evaluate these 2 QBs, where the games they've played this season, would you really see Jimmy G as our savior franchise QB and CJB as the lowly backup? They've both done a good job at moving the team up and down the field, both have high interception numbers which are only partially their fault (like when the ball bounces off the intended receiver). And they've both dealt with a receiving corp that has dropped a lot of passes.

I don't see much difference between the two. Which is good and bad: good because I think we have 2 good QBs, and bad, because I don't think we can pin these losses on Jimmy G being out. We're losing because of s**t defense, and errors from our offensive skill position players.

Beat-hard's pocket awareness is next to zero. He's got like two passing attempts of more than 20 yards and his accuracy is still not good.

The fact that we've been able to put up some numbers has more to do with Kyle and his scheme and less to do with CJ IMO. We lost last week because of beathard not because of a s**tty defense.
You nailed it.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Is this a serious question??? Lol. I think it would be difficult to succeed for either with this roster but Jimmy is sooooooooooooooo much better. I can't believe there are people out there that can't see that.

Jimmy needs to get back and get healthy. Kyle and Lynch need to work on getting him a #1 WR and a bigger bodied RB and I don't think anyone would be able to slow down the O. At least get him the WR. Jimmy needs WRs he can trust. I think him losing Goodwin really affected his play in this offense. I really thought Jimmy made one horrible play and that was the pick against Detroit. Other than that I thought it was normal growing pains. Jimmy is way up here. CJ is behind him carrying whatever girl he's with bags.

Not that I'm against getting a number 1 receiver, but I don't think it would be the most important thing for us right now. At this point, I'd like a guard that can run block AND pass protect, another TE, another deep threat (as opposed to a number one receiver), and the big bodied running back that you requested. Both of what we are asking for is realistic, but I think to get the number 1 receiver, we'd likely have to use our first or second pick. I'd rather use those picks on two edge rushers or an edge rusher and a corner. But yeah, I think if our players our fully healthy and either of us get our wishes, this offense is going off for 30 a game.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Stopped reading at the bolded. SMFH.

So its not ok to judge Jimmy because of the weapons he has around him, yet you have zero problems judging Beathard who has even worse weapons around him than Jimmy did.

Solid logic guapo, solid logic.

I stopped reading when you actually we're trying to make a point. A bad one. We all know how bad CJ is and how both of them have performed with no talent. And CJ is much worse enough said. Sound logic as well. If you can't tell by now I think you better brush up on your film study. But hey maybe you're right maybe I shouldn't judge CJ especially after that Arizona game. Wow

The point I am making here is that its absurd to say that you cant judge Jimmy based on the talent around him, yet its ok to judge CJ with even lesser talent around him.

You seriously dont see how hypocritical that is? Has NOTHING to with me or you brushing up on film study. It has to do with you saying one thing with one QB and doing the polar opposite with the other.
The point I am making here is that its absurd to say that you cant judge Jimmy based on the talent around him, yet its ok to judge CJ with even lesser talent around him.

You seriously dont see how hypocritical that is? Has NOTHING to with me or you brushing up on film study. It has to do with you saying one thing with one QB and doing the polar opposite with the other.

Wow OK I think you're completely missing the point. Not hypocritical at all it would be like saying Tom Brady had a couple of rough games a while ago and they were saying he's done or maybe Matt Cassel put up just as good of numbers as him. Sometimes you have to give a great quarterback a pass compared to his back up. Simple as that because there is such a discrepancy in talent and greatness. I guess you can't see that you're too blinded trying to make a very weak argument.

It's ridiculous to even consider that. With such a small sample you are actually making this kind of argument. Yes I can judge CJ because he is a horrible quarterback. I can judge Jimmy because he is a very good quarterback that makes great reads and is a great player. You're not seeing the bottom line at all.

Last year they had the same talent around him and Jimmy did worlds better, it could be argued that he was playing the best out of any quarterback in those games. This year he was playing pretty well. A lot better than CJ so just I don't know what more to say besides you're trying to cherry pick one thing I said Which was reasonable and true and not seeing the overall picture. Jimmy would've won Arizona and the chargers. Done

That's OK I'm done with this conversation and I'm sure everyone that reads those comments is as well. No big deal. It's funny that you keep arguing this position.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 13, 2018 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

Wow OK I think you're completely missing the point. Not hypocritical at all it would be like saying Tom Brady had a couple of rough games a while ago and they were saying he's done or maybe Matt Cassel put up just as good of numbers as him. Sometimes you have to give a great quarterback a pass compared to his back up. Simple as that because there is such a discrepancy in talent and greatness. I guess you can't see that you're too blinded trying to make a very weak argument.

It's ridiculous to even consider that. With such a small sample you are actually making this kind of argument. Yes I can judge CJ because he is a horrible quarterback. I can judge Jimmy because he is a very good quarterback that makes great reads and is a great player. You're not seeing the bottom line at all.

Last year they had the same talent around him and Jimmy did worlds better, it could be argued that he was playing the best out of any quarterback in those games. This year he was playing pretty well. A lot better than CJ so just I don't know what more to say besides you're trying to cherry pick one thing I said Which was reasonable and true and not seeing the overall picture. Jimmy would've won Arizona and the chargers. Done

That's OK I'm done with this conversation and I'm sure everyone that reads those comments is as well. No big deal. It's funny that you keep arguing this position.

Funny I keep arguing this position? LOL! Dude, you have to be joking at this point. You made two declarative statements:

a) Its unfair to judge Jimmy's play because of the players he has around him.

b) CJ sucks

All I am asking is why is it acceptable to judge CJ's play, yet its not fair to judge Jimmy because of his supporting cast. Thats it. That is all I was trying to ask you when you inserted yourself into the conversation that I was having with someone else. You bringing up Tom Brady and other QBs who have struggled couldnt be more irrelevant. In fact, everything you just typed out is completely irrelevant to what we are talking about.

You have said that I am making a weak argument multiple times now. But honestly, I am not making ANY argument at all. I am simply trying to understand your position.

So lets try this again. Why is it unfair to judge one QB and completely acceptable to judge the other QB, when they both are playing under fairly similar conditions?
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Oct 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone